Sign in to follow this  
rmcin329

DWM1 where to farm for good exp?

11 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, rmcin329 said:
I just wanted to say this most definitely will be worked on again at some point, though probably not for several months or more.  Its mostly a matter of finding the willpower to keep breeding my monsters up to higher +s, which while not terribly time consuming(nowhere near as bad as reforming on caravan hearts) it is incredibly boring.  Anyway whenever I do work on this again i'll make a new reply in this topic.  On a sidenote my dqm caravan hearts playthrough is completely totally dead now, if you want to know why, feel free to read my rather long rant in my topic for that game.

Playing the original? I'm hopefully starting the 3DS remake in April.

yes dwm1 gbc version, via vba-m emulator.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 1

Okay here is both a refresher and an update for anyone bothering to read this topic.  Basically in short i'm currently unable to complete the gate of control because Zoma is a little #$*! who spams bigbang and NOTHING else.  See below images for current monster stats.

1YsxDmo.png

Ep5d12c.png

G9Z5aHe.png

As you can see from the low +s only a small amount breeding has been done so far(2 per monster i think), and they are currently at their max levels.  Basically i'm using Spot Slimes to breed with my Slime(can't just do Slime and Slime or it'll turn kingslime on me later), and i'm just breeding Pickys with Pickys and Slimenites with Slimenites(no problems on either of them at high +s as far as I am aware.)

Edited by rmcin329
added info

Wow, those are a dozen breeding pairs behind where I'd expect to see for Zona!

Okay now onto what was actually done today, the above post was mostly just a refresher.  I finished getting 2 +0 Slimes to max level today and have put them back to sleep on the farm.  When I play next i'll be working on getting 2 +0 Spotslimes to their max levels.  After that will be 2 Pickys(also +0) and of course after that 2 +0 Slimenites.  I won't be playing much, and i'm not even sure yet if i'll be playing daily, but yes work has already started again.

EDIT

I forgot to mention in the refresher, that the Slime is +7, the Slimenite and Picky are both +8.

UPDATE

The 2 +0 spotslimes were level 8 when they were caught.  I've just finished training them to level 18.  One has a max of 36, the other 37.  Next time i play i will continue their training.

UPDATE 2

The +0 Spotslimes are now up to level 29.

UPDATE 3

Okay both of the +0 Spotslimes are now at their max levels and once again sleeping at the farm.  Tomorrow I will work on my +0 Slimenites.  I'll make a new post tomorrow with info on how that goes.  For anyone curious, they were both level 25 upon being caught, and have max levels of 40 and 42.

Edited by rmcin329
added info

Okay I've done some work on the 2 +0 Slimenites this morning, they are both currently level 32.

UPDATE

The Slimenites are now up to level 35

UPDATE 2

Both of the +0 Slimenites are now max level and snoozing at the farm.  Next up i'll be working with the 2 +0 Pickys.  They were caught at level 4(both) and have max levels of 40 and 42.

UPDATE 3

The Pickys are now up to level 32.

Edited by rmcin329
updated post with new info

Just an update for people. I haven't entirely forgotten about this, though i also haven't done any work on it since the last post. Mostly its a matter of finding motivation to work on this, and i'm not yet sure when i plan to do more.

Okay here's an update for everyone. I finished training the +0 Pickys to their max levels. After that I did breeding creating a +4 Slime. +4 Spotslime, a +4 Slimeknite, and a +4 Picky. These have all been put to sleep at the farm, and i have caught 2 more +0 Slimenites with level limits of 40 and 41. I'll be working on training them up to their max levels next, then catching 2 more +0 Pickys after that.

UPDATE

Okay the new Slimenites are up to level 29 now(caught at level 25)

UPDATE 2

Both Slimenites have been maxed out and bred to create another +4 Slimenite which has been put to sleep at the farm.

I've also caught 2 more Pickys with level limits of 41 and 42.

UPDATE 3

The new Pickys are now up to level 23. I'll try to get them to max level tomorrow and breed them.  After that i'll have to start working on training up the +4 monsters. Basically after i level up and breed these Pickys i'll have to worry about a Slime +4, a Spotslime +4, 2 +4 Slimenites, and 2 +4 Pickys all of which will need to be gotten to max levels and bred again.  I'll probably start with the +4 Slimenites after I finish with these Pickys i think.

Edited by rmcin329

I finished getting those Pickys to their max level and bred them to create a 2nd +4 Picky which is now asleep at the farm. Next up i'll be trying to raise the 2 +4 Slimenites to their max level of 48.

UPDATE

The 2 +4 Slimenites are now up to level 27.

UPDATE 2

The +4 Slimenites have reached max level and been bred to create a +8 Slimenite which is now sleeping at the farm.

I also did some work on the +4 Slime and +4 Spotslime who are now levels 22 and 25 respectively.

Edited by rmcin329

I maxed out the levels of the +4 Slime and +4 Spotslime and bred them to create a +8 Spotslime that is now sleeping at the farm. I'll be working on the 2 +4 Pickys next.

UPDATE

The 2 +4 Pickys are now up to level 31.

UPDATE 2

I finished raising the +4 Pickys and bred them to create a +8 Picky. Next up i'll be working on raising the +8 Spotslime, +8 Slimenite, and +8 Picky.

UPDATE 3

The +8 Spotslime is up to level 25, the +8 Slimenite is at 24, and the +8 Picky is at 28.

UPDATE 4

+8 Spotslime is now level 31, +8 Slimenite is 30, and the +8 Picky is 36.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 1

Minor update to start the day off. The +8 Spotslime is up to level 38, the +8 Slimenite is up to level 35, and the +8 Picky is up to level 43.

UPDATE

+8 Spotslime is up to 45, +8 Slimenite is up to 42, and the +8 Picky is up to 53.

Edited by rmcin329

Okay big update. I've finished training the trio to their max levels and have done more breeding.Below are screenshots of my new +13 Slime, +13 Slimenite, and +13 Picky and what their stats currently look like at level 1.

UPDATE

The +13 Slime is now up to level 40, the +13 Slimenite is up to level 40 as well, and the +13 Picky is up to level 50.

UPDATE 2

Slime is up to 55, Slimenite is up to 55, and Picky is maxed at 66.

tFZ1K9f.png

me7psSj.png

skAwWLY.png

Edited by rmcin329

Okay to start today off i've maxed out my +13 Slime, +13 Slimenite and +13 Picky. Screenshots will be below showing their stats at their max levels of 66 each.

I will create a new post shortly, after I try fighting Zoma again in the gate of control.

Bxceaz6.png

q5aLwHm.png

Je73tsW.png

Okay the battle with Zoma took at around 15ish turns. Zoma was pretty much alternating between whitefire and bigbang the entire fight, though he'd occasionally cast one 2 or 3 times in a row. I had to Alternate charge/cautious plans on my Slime and Picky to get them to defend some of the time and keep the party alive. Overall a good fight, and the extra max hp from being +13 instead of +8 on my monsters made all the difference. I'll update this post later with news of further gates once i try them. There are 3 gates left to do, not counting the one you need an AR code to access. The gates of demolition, Sleep, and extinction are left, plus some others i haven't looked into yet.

For example the 2nd gate at the bazaar which requires a monster with a summon skill hasn't been unlocked, or the gate that requires you to find out the little girl's name then show the grandfather a goldslime hasn't been unlocked either. I also need to unlock the gate under the right statue at the arena as well, though I "think" i know which goopi i need to beat for that one. Honestly i probably won't bother with the one that requires a goldslime. I will try to catch an extra whipbird though and then cheat its stats high enough to learn tatsucall, that should suffice to unlock the second gate in the bazaar.

So basically next time i play here in a bit, i'll try to beat a goopi at rock paper scissors and catch an extra whipbird to unlock that 2nd bazaar gate.

UPDATE

Just finished fighting Sidoh in the Demolition gate. Compared to Zoma the fight was a joke, very easy took around maybe 10 turns. Sidoh spent most of its turns alternating whitefire and hellblast, though he also threw in the occasional physical attack. Was able to leave my Slime and Picky on charge the entire time, was easy for my Slimenite to keep up with the healing with healall.

UPDATE 2

The gate of extinction has been cleared. I recruited a grendal, ogre, and goathorn while going through the gate(didn't need any of the others). The fight was PIzzaro was a complete joke. He alternated white fire and hellblast some of the time while throwing in some physical attacks and quadhits. The quadhits was so pitifully weak as to do 1 dmg per hit to any of my monsters even when they weren't defending. The battle took about 19 turns in total because my Slime seemed to enjoy casting firebolt a bit more than physically attacking for some odd reason(wasn't an issue with other bosses and he's still vain personality).

I'll look into doing the gate of sleep next most likely. Need to recruit about 4 monsters from that gate.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 2

I just finished the gate of Sleep. I recruited darkcrab, skullgon, skeletor, and deadnoble while i was there. The fight with Esterk lasted for 11 turns. He mostly spammed rainslash and the occasional gigaslash, overall a very easy fight. Next up i'm releasing my current whipbird as its been sitting awake at the farm for pretty much forever, and didn't learn any skills as a result.  I'm going to catch a new one from the gate of mastermind and get it to learn tatsucall so i can unlock the next gate at the bazaar.

UDPATE

Okay i recruited a new whipbird and leveled it up once to get it to learn tatsucall. From there I showed it to the guy at the bazaar to unlock the 2nd gate in the bazaar. After that i went through the gate recruiting madmirror, voodoll, balzak, metaldrak, roboster, and bombcrab. Next up after i take a break i'll see about trying to catch a female arcdemon from the library gate to breed with the metaldrak to create a lavaman.

After that i'll grab some lower level monsters off the farm and try to swipe an iceman from a foreign trainer. Then i'll breed the lavaman and iceman to create a goldgolem. After that i'll finally catch and raise some new slimes to breed for a kingslime to breed with the goldgolem to finally create a goldslime for unlocking the old man gate.

UPDATE 2

Okay i've successfully bred a lavaman(blessed egg to force female), and recruited an iceman(caught male) from a foreign trainer as well. I bred them to create a goldgolem which i had the egg blessed to turn it female and its now asleep at the farm. I've also caught and started training 2 Slimes who are currently up to level 20.

UPDATE 3

Okay i've spent enough time to level up the Slimes to 30 apiece and bred them to create a new female +3 Slime. After that i put her to sleep just long enough to catch a male +0 Slime.  Then i collected the +3 Slime from the farm. I'll work on raising them a bit later and breed them when they both hit level 20.

UPDATE 4

I've finished leveling the Slimes to 20 and breeding them to create a Kingslime. After that I got the egg evaluated and turned it male. Then I hatched it and took my male Kingslime and female Goldgolem to roughly level 10 each and bred them to create a Goldslime which was male. I used that to unlock the old man gate, then went and beat the Goopi I hadn't dealt with yet, to unlock the gate underneath the right statue at the monster arena.  I'll see about going through that new gate at the arena next, then the old man gate. After that the only thing left will be to access and go through the 99 field gate via gameshark code.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 1

For the start of today I went through the gate under the right statue at the arena. I recruited Goategon, Superten, Yeti, Ironturt, Gulpbeast, and Unicorn from the gate. Mudou was a fairly easy fight he just used whiteair or whitefire most turns with the occasional physical attack, fight took 13 turns. He never once used poisonair on my team. I even tried reloading a save state and getting in a few fights to change the rng, and then fighting him again(did this a few times) and he simply just never ever even tried to use poisonair for whatever reason, no clue as to why my monsters certainly aren't resistant to poison.

Anyway a bit later here I will try to go through the old man gate and see what happens.

After spending a great deal of time on this game lately i think i'm going to take a bit of a break from it though i'm not actually stuck this time. I think for now my efforts will turn to a new challenge run of dragon quest heroes of rocket slime.  Look for details over at

I'll make a new post on that topic in a bit with some details.

• Like 1

Couldn't help myself and decided to try the old man gate. I recruited Swordgon, Wingsnake, Rayburn, Spikerous, Maddragon, Andreal, and Greatdrak. The fight with Deathmore was interesting. The fight lasted for 40 turns in total. My Slime and Picky both had to spend a great deal of time defending in this fight.  Deathmore used Samsicall on turn 2. Samsi never did anything except use rainslash or physical attacks the entire fight, it literally never tried to use squallhit or evilslash. Deathmore was using bigbang or hellblast most turns with the occasional physical attack. Starting from turn 29 and onward I never saw another skill used by Deathmore indicating that he probably had burned the last of his mp on turn 28. Physical attacks from Deathmore only did around 35-70 dmg to any given party member if they weren't defending so they were a joke. All physical attacks and rainslashes from Samsi either missed or hit for 1 dmg. Overall a very long fight and my Slimenite was down to 45mp by the end of it, though i had a elfwater on hand that i never used.

Perhaps the main reason that fight took so long is that a LOT of attacks were dodged by Deathmore and so weren't doing any damage. I'll probably try to get around to trying the 99 field dungeon sometime soonish now that the last boss is out of the way(99 field dungeon has no boss to fight from what i've read). Dunno how long it might take to go through the place.

Edited by rmcin329

Okay I finished the 99 field gate today. Not much to say really it wasn't too hard to get through and of course no boss at the end so i just used a warpwing to exit. I'm now done with dwm1 as i don't feel like breeding the remaining monsters i may be missing. At some point in the future i plan to try running a similar team of monsters on dwm2 and when i do i'll create a topic for that, but i haven't decided when i will actually begin doing that(may not be soon).

• Like 1