Sign in to follow this  
Aeana

Dragon Quest 10 Chat Monitor released

Apologies for the delay. Here it is, Dragon Quest 10 Chat Monitor.

The purpose of this program is to display the various incoming text messages you receive in the game. This includes public chat, party chat, friend messages, chat room text, team chat, and the miscellaneous things that the game outputs on the system tag, including combat log information and status updates. The text can then be copied out for whatever your needs are, such as translating some Japanese text or searching a walkthrough site, etc.

Note: This only works with the PC version of the game.

STbSaK4.pngyobZDEc.png

At the moment, I'm reasonably confident that it should work for everyone, but it's very possible that it could have difficulty locating the text in memory. If you run into that, please let me know and we'll try to get it worked out. The first thing you should try if you don't get any text, though, is reopening the program. There's a stray bug I haven't fixed just yet which will make the program think it found the text when it really did not, and reopening the program once you're in-game on your character should fix that. In fact, I recommend not opening the program until you're in-game on your character regardless.

Usage is fairly simple. It should automatically output the text to each relevant tab on its own. You can copy text either by right-clicking a line and selecting "copy," or by selecting a line and pressing Ctrl-C. Each tab will auto-scroll if the scroll bar is at the bottom. That's about all there is to it!

In the future, I would like to add the ability to save the text to a log, that didn't make it in to the first release.

Releases

dq10cm01.zip (Source)

As requested, I've also included the source above. It's kinda sloppy, but hopefully readable.

Edited by Aeana
  • Upvote 2

Amazing work! I'll be sure to try this out the next time I play. I'm sure it'll be very helpful to a lot of us!

Thank you very much for your hard working on this very vey useful chat monitor!! Would be really nice if we can pull out texts from chats with NPC.

Excuse my retardedness but how do you get the program running?

Log into your character in the game, then open the program and it should just work. There's some cases where if you were logged into your character and then log out to the main menu and then go back on your character, it won't capture text properly anymore. But going back to the launcher and reopening the game will fix that.

there is no program file?

Edited by zionfarm

ok thank you

Ok I got the program to run but it is still not producing any text?

ok gonna try it now

Nope still nothing

The chat monitor program now doesn't work for me as well. Is there any update version of the program?

It's still working for me, so the only way I can fix it for you is if you download this program and run it after you log into your character. Press the "Dump!" button and it'll create a file like dqmemdump-xxxxx.bin. Give me that file and I should be able to address your issue. You may need to run the exe as administrator for it to work properly, but most likely not.

It's still working for me, so the only way I can fix it for you is if you download this program and run it after you log into your character. Press the "Dump!" button and it'll create a file like dqmemdump-xxxxx.bin. Give me that file and I should be able to address your issue. You may need to run the exe as administrator for it to work properly, but most likely not.

I'll get the bin file for you after I get back home tonight. Thanks!

Here is the file;

https://shared.com/lrgbz0b0i4?s=l

Did you dump that file after you were actually in-game on your character? It's strange because it doesn't contain any chat data at all, which I would fully expect it to.

Did you dump that file after you were actually in-game on your character? It's strange because it doesn't contain any chat data at all, which I would fully expect it to.

Yes I did. I'll try again to get the file for you... Hopefully it works!

https://shared.com/qd2kg12hff?s=l

Edited by Murd

So, I tried the chat monitor. I'm not getting anything. I've only run it after logging in. Should I try to make a dump for you?

It would have been nice to be able to have at least some inkling of what those nice people who came and revived me said. (I done goofed - I went to an area that I apparently shouldn't have been in yet. Got slain by a shellslime at Lv. 5.) The only response I could think of was "Arigato!" and then jump up and down.

Also, is it possible to paste text into the game's chat?

From my experience no luck in copy and paste sadly. By the way if you have any questions or want to talk to someone while you run about I'll stick around on the irc chat.

Yes, if you can provide me a memory dump I can try to help. I've been extremely busy the last few days, so I haven't even gotten around to fixing it for Murd, but if you give me a memory dump I'll work out a fix to satisfy everyone.

Yes, if you can provide me a memory dump I can try to help. I've been extremely busy the last few days, so I haven't even gotten around to fixing it for Murd, but if you give me a memory dump I'll work out a fix to satisfy everyone.

No hurry Aeana. Just would like to know whether the dump file I gave you works..

This doesn't mean rushing but anyone has seen Aeana lately? Really miss Chat monitor program which it hasn't been working for 2 months now :(