Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Fan art for raised awareness

Cool, glad you like it.  I will add this to the contest submission thread and then tweet it out.

Thanks!

Cool thanks!  After I finish coloring 2 requests and do one more picture for my DQ VIII project, I will draw Maribelle next if you like :)

Sure, that would be awesome.  Thanks!

I will see if I can have it by the end of the week.

Guys! Someone (or some ones, the more, the better) do something like this, please!

http://www.port-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pet-Shop-Boys-Go-West.jpg

Pet-Shop-Boys-Go-West.jpg

I would not have time to make them during the following weeks, but they could be iconic enough to use everywhere!

It could even use the in-game sprites/models, or the official art, so no need to actually draw anything (although that would be nice, too).

I just got the huge long sketch of a 14" by 17" picture of my DQ VIII project sketched.  It needs to be colored now, and after I finish that I think I will attempt to draw Maribelle.  I have a couple of ideas of poses for her.  The more I look and research DQ VII, the more I would love just to see an outright remake on PS4!  This game is epic and deserves even more epicness!

I've been meaning to write the parody to Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad for awhile now(The week I was going to start was not a good one for me).

I've been meaning to write the parody to Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad for awhile now(The week I was going to start was not a good one for me).

Can't wait to see what you create :)

I don't have much in the way of DQ7, but feel free to use any of my art, too!  Probably doesn't need to be said, but only DQ art, please.

• Upvote 2

I have always loved that cute style of yours!

Hi! I am new to the Den. I too want to bring more Dragon Quest games west. I started doing a comic series titled "Bring Dragon Quest West" and have been tweeting it with the #DragonQuest4theWest. Here is one of the comics. Is this a good place to post these comics?

10441052_10202721926105893_8555735850900

• Upvote 2

Hey Mischief Comics, I've been following you on twitter and I love your work.  Great to see you join up here.  Your comics are pure gold.  The Land Shard one was my favorite so far.

King Zenith, I recognize your name from twitter. Thanks for the kind words. I'm planning on posting all of the comics on the Den. I'm not sure where to post them though. 

I think you can probably post them anywhere you like.  The art and music section would be appropriate, but I think those sections likely get a bit less traffic than the "General DW/DQ" forum.  Maybe try there?  Wherever you end up putting them, I am looking forward to seeing them all here.

Thanks, King Zenith. I'll probably start a thread in the general DW/DQ!  ;) I like these slime emoticons. I've never liked an emoticon so much! :heartslime:

Hey Mischief.  Thanks for the Twitter add the other day.  I'd have to say my favorite comic of yours is the Land Shard one, too.

• Upvote 1

Hi LiamLand, no problem! Twitter seems to be a good way to get the word out on the streets. The virtual streets I mean. That land shard comic came to me after I was playing the Playstation version of Dragon Warrior VII. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the long delay, but I am finally working on the parody. Work tends to drain me alot(long commute contributes to it too).

I have the central chorus done, but there are a couple of variations in the original song, but those will be easy to tweak.

The 1st verse is also finished and the half 1st of the 2nd verse is done too, I just need to brain storm the last two lines.

After that, it's just a matter of tweaking the words on the latter choruses and checking to see if any lyrics need tidied up. After that, it will be submission time on Amiright and then posted here.

Not necessarily fanart for awareness, but if you've seen Interstellar:

waitforx_zps33ccfd66.png

• Upvote 4

Haha.  Nicely done.

Heheh. ^^

I just have one line left to think up in the parody to Bad Time and it will be finished(Outside of singing over it one more time just to make sure).

I probably would have had it finished sooner, but Wednesday ended up being a really bad day for me, what with me having a hard time trying to sleep on a day I agreed to come in early to work and someone called in that day. I stayed over an hour making it an eight hour shift on roughly two hours of sleep at best(They couldn't get anyone else to come in) and my commutes are long. Yesterday was an evening shift making it unlikely, especially since we were getting slammed due to holiday business.

I'm trying to remember if the site I upload them on does Saturday updates.

I'm glad to see people are still carrying the battle to get DQ VII 3DS here.  I have been really busy as of late and hope to get back into doing more fan art soon.  I was going to do Maribelle, but I got really busy and never got to it.  It's on my "to-do" lists.

I'm finally finished with the parody to Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad!

I'll be submitting it on the other site here shortly. Does anyone want me to also post it later tonight on this thread? I feel bad about not getting it finished sooner and figured an early posting after submitting it wouldn't be a bad idea.

You should post it here!

The original plan, if I would have had it done alot sooner, would have been to post the lyrics on here on the site's next day update along with links.

Here we go:

Song parody - Slow Time (Parody of Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad)

I still want Dragon Quest to keep coming on out
Been a fan of the games for a long time now...
I can tell... that it's sure been a slow time...
To be a fan...
To be a fan...

Well, send it to somebody else's team
I don't want no "buts" about it
There's so many of us that know how it feels
In the time we had to go without it

I still want Dragon Quest to keep coming out
Been a fan of the games for many years now
I can say, that it feels like we've been in a drought
We all know, that it sure has been a slow time to be a fan...
A slow time to be a fan...

Random battles coming back to me
From the Imps to the Metals I don't want to flee
The random drops that seem too good to be true
At least not until I've gotten them too

Cause I still want Dragon Quest to keep coming out

You know that I want Dragon Quest to keep coming out

The original song:

I will be posting the links when the site updates, which should be tomorrow.

Edited by Stepchan