Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Fan art for raised awareness

Since this Quest for the West is a battle I would very much like us to win, and since I would (for this reason) like for Dragon Quest to be recognized by a lot of people in the American and European continents, I allow all the Denners to make use of my Dragon Quest fan art, if they so desire, to help awareness of Dragon Quest in the West.

Check My deviantART DQ gallery to see what is available.

No need to ask for permission, since this is a good cause.

I also would encourage any artists of any and all skill levels to create more and more new DQ fan art. You can share it here (in the Art and Music forums) and on sites like deviantART (with help from groups like dA's Dragon-Quest-Fans).

The more we have, the more people will start noticing and will be interested in playing the games.

• Upvote 2

You're a good man Cesar, a very good man.

Wow, that is mighty generous of you!  You have a veritable treasure trove there.  I just browsed through at lunch today and I was amazed at how much of your work I haven't seen yet.  There is so much I love about it.  I love how they evoke feelings about some of the characters that I didn't have before seeing those pieces.  I also love the clever incorporation of monsters in a lot of them.  Like the Goodybag in the Christmas one.  Brilliant!

I hope people will take you up on your offer to use this material.  Heck, this stuff could be tweeted out as-is to great effect.

I guess I have neglected Tweeter for so long...

If they help someone get a good idea for a more complete campaign entry, all the better. If none are used by others, we could use them as they are.

You're a good man Cesar, a very good man.

Thanks.

We still have to fight over legacy/ legendary equipment, though. ;)

Those are amazing, I'm so jealous. Why don't I have any drawing talent *sob* I'll post some of those on my DQ fanpage on Instagram

Actually... Cesar are you on ig? If you are do you want me to give credit to you?

Edited by bel_dat

Actually... Cesar are you on ig? If you are do you want me to give credit to you?

I am not on Instagram. You can do credit with my name, and you could send people interested to the Dragon's Den, so they can join the fun.

Cool! I remember seeing that "You were up late" one before.

I actually have been toying with the idea of doing a parody of a song about the Dragon Quest series(The funny thing is I have had loose ideas for a solid number of years, but I want something all encompassing idea wise).

I did want to bring it up in one of the contest threads based around Quest for the West, since I would allow it to be used to help in promoting the series.  The only problem is that I need a good well known song to try it on(Having done over 100 parodies on Amiright, I know it's important that song does well with in theme, fit and pacing).

I hope you find the one you feel is right for this. It would be sad not to see what you would create.

Would a song that constantly changes rhythm help you? Would it be better to make it fit all the series? I know some groups, like Queen, for example, are pretty good with those. :D

I see a silhouette of a Dragon....

I'm going to do a drawing of Arus soon, hopefully it will make you proud :)

Erdrick, a silhouette where?

Madrigal, I know your style will be great for DQ VII's hero.

It was parody. "I see a little silhouette of a man"

I hope you find the one you feel is right for this. It would be sad not to see what you would create.

Would a song that constantly changes rhythm help you? Would it be better to make it fit all the series? I know some groups, like Queen, for example, are pretty good with those. :D

It's more that the general idea needs to fit whatever song I do get inspiration from.

I probably couldn't do a general theme to a song like Jungle Love by Steve Miller Band(although I do a parody idea for something from a different game series on that one, but that's off topic in this thread).

I probably could use Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad(It's a 70s song, but fairly well known), but it's a little on the short side(But I do now have a mild idea to work with, I'll check here soon and see if I can). Sometimes short parodies are actually harder to do than longer ones due to there being less room to work with.

I do also want submit it to Amiright, so I want to do as good of a job as I possibly can(I am kind of out of pratice).

I do have other submitted parodies about the series on Amiright , I could throw my best one of them on the side as well.

Erdrick, a silhouette where?

Madrigal, I know your style will be great for DQ VII's hero.

I'm going to try to get the sketch concept done tomorrow, this will mainly just be a character drawing.  I may add some background just to spruce it up some.

If you want, you could add the Dragon Quest for the West logo, too. It would make it look more like part of the campaign. :D

Cesar, your art has always been amazing. Thank you.

Here is my contribution to the crusade for DQ VII 3DS which goes out to our respected colleague, Cesar-Hernandez.

http://bardofmaple.deviantart.com/art/Arus-the-Hero-Dragon-Quest-VII-484791800

I would like someone to take my picture and add that logo somehow fitting it in the huge dragon flame which Arus summons with that Fire Wand.

Edited by Madrigal

Thanks, Nikk! Let's hope it does its share to raise awareness of DQ a little more.

Well done, Madrigal. And thank you.

You can get King Zenith's (with help from Woodus) logo on the campaign contest.

Thanks, Nikk! Let's hope it does its share to raise awareness of DQ a little more.

Well done, Madrigal. And thank you.

You can get King Zenith's (with help from Woodus) logo on the campaign contest.

You're welcome, it's all for the greater good of getting Dragon Quest VII 3DS.

We should have our own series called RPG Quest lol

After dabbling and improving with Bad Time by Grand Funk Railroad, I will be able to work with it. I haven't actually wrote it yet, but I do have rough lyrics and ideas.

Due to the fact general mood of the original

is abit on the down side, I'll be using that angle for this parody. This means that the song will be a parody only in the fact that it's a play on the original, so it won't be an amusing one(I have wrote parodies to songs before with the intent of expressing serious feelings, so this will be nothing new to me).

Wow, that looks great Madrigal.  Nice work!  How's this look for the logo being included?

arus_the_hero_dragon_quest_vii_by_bardof

• Upvote 2

Stepchan, when you write those songs, do you perform and record them or do they stay in written form?

If the latter, perhaps some Denners might be interested in recording it so it can reach more people.

OMG!  I absolutely love the logo guys!  Thank you for doing that!  

I haven't had much time to be on since I've been using my dad's computer since he broke mine by accident.   I can't wait to see everyone else's contributions to the cause :)

Cool, glad you like it.  I will add this to the contest submission thread and then tweet it out.

Thanks!

Stepchan, when you write those songs, do you perform and record them or do they stay in written form?

If the latter, perhaps some Denners might be interested in recording it so it can reach more people.

I unfortunately lack the proper recording equipment to actually perform said parodies(but I do play a little guitar, so I have played some of my already existing parodies and recorded them on a tape deck before, I just have no way to convert  them to digital, plus some of the tapes are probably ruined now), so yeah it'll be in written form.

I'm actually fine with the idea if some of members here want to record one of mine.

Since I still need to get to doing Grand Funk Railroad's Bad Time(Currently working title of the parody is Slow Time, the final title might change, I will be writing it this week though), I'll post one of my other ones in the meantime:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/cultureclub23.shtml

Dharma Chameleon, which I have posted in the past. Admittedly, it's based around Dragon Warrior era name wise.