Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

Purchasing Crysta Directly

After seeing Cranberry's awesome Metal Slime Dolboard, I wanted one of my own.

After doing some research, I found a way to purchase Crysta directly, which I thought would be useful for everyone.

We can do this by using Rakuten as our payment option.

To begin, sign up for Rakuten in English here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/

Register your US credit card, then you are done there.

Next, go to the DQX shop on the official website (http://hiroba.dqx.jp), and fill your shopping cart with what you want to buy.  :)

Then, when you go to checkout, on the screen where you choose the payment type, choose the bottom option(楽天ID決済), which is to order it through Rakuten, and login with the credentials you set earlier, then finish checking out.

My shiny new Metal Slime Dolboard is the proof that this works.  o(^-^)o

Edited by MKVarana
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up, not having to use webmoney is a blessing. 

I already have a Rakuten account that I use from time to time, and I feel like slapping myself for never having noticed the Rakuten logo on the page where we set up our subscription. That is what I get for rushing and going straight to setting up an automatic subscription. :P 

Mmm, delicious cheaper subcription and store items if I were to ever fancy one.

...I feel like slapping myself for never having noticed the Rakuten logo on the page where we set up our subscription...

How I feel right now. Thanks for sharing this info.

Was just thinking about loading up on more Crysta, too.

Wow!! Really useful tip of buying crysta directly. Thank you MKVarana for your guide.

Just completed my Rukuten account registration and finally figured out how to make a monthly subscription!!

Edited by Murd

After seeing Cranberry's awesome Metal Slime Dolboard, I wanted one of my own.

After doing some research, I found a way to purchase Crysta directly, which I thought would be useful for everyone.

We can do this by using Rakuten as our payment option.

To begin, sign up for Rakuten in English here: http://global.rakuten.com/en/

Register your US credit card, then you are done there.

Next, go to the DQX shop on the official website (http://hiroba.dqx.jp), and fill your shopping cart with what you want to buy.  :)

Then, when you go to checkout, on the screen where you choose the payment type, choose the bottom option(楽天ID決済), which is to order it through Rakuten, and login whith the credentials you set earlier, then finish checking out.

My shiny new Metal Slime Dolboard is the proof that this works.  o(^-^)o

i had a japanese account signed up . thank you for sharing this info.

Yes, you can pay monthly subscription via Rukuten account.

Firstly, login your SQEN account then you will see a banner below your account summary table (use Google Chrome and translate the page in English). Click on the said banner to be directed to another page. Next, you will need to click the most right banner which is Rukuten's one.

After that, choose sub plan as you wish and proceed futher. The page will require you to login your Rukuten account. Fill in any required necessary information, then keep clicking next/ok/confirm (during this process, the pages will show summary of payment, SEQN account you chose for monthly sub and so on).

After complete everything, you airtime will be automatically recharged referring to your chosen sub plan. Enjoy!

Edited by Murd

Thanks a lot, I got tired of trying to pay with rakouten and wasted like 35 bucks for 2000 crysta from play asia. or web money

Thanks a lot, I got tired of trying to pay with rakouten and wasted like 35 bucks for 2000 crysta from play asia. or web money

Try again in the next two months then (and you will completely forget this thread).

Ok, I had to get screenshots and put together an impromptu guide for a friend's mom. Here's what I did.

Goto https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=aio login.

Click the banner that has Yamada/Rakuten/Something else.

GOrcrHZ.jpg

You'll click the right most banner indicating Rakuten.

CrOPV63.jpg

Pick the period you want to pay for 1,2 or 3 months. Then, click the "OK" button.

f7UNJmh.jpg

The little tab in the top right let's you switch between English and Japanese. It doesn't really matter since it's only for this page. Login using your Rakuten credentials.

BhgaoG3.jpg

There's a little section above where you can use Rakuten points to buy this. However, we are using credit card. Click the red button.

GZ2nUdH.jpg

Uncheck the checkbox (it signs you up for their newsletter) Then click the red button. This will process your payment. You might get a credit card verification system login. Mine was verified by visa. Just follow those processes. They should be in English. There are two more screens confirming your purchase, but I've already paid until January so I can't show them.

tp5rnih.jpg

Great guide with a clear explanation step-by-by and screenshots! The best way to pay monthly sub so far!

Wait, Rakuten DOESN'T mark up the price? I may just skip the Wii version then and wait impatiently for the PC version to ship...

Wait, Rakuten DOESN'T mark up the price? I may just skip the Wii version then and wait impatiently for the PC version to ship...

Yes I think so. Just paid for a 30-day airtime via Rukuten and exact 1,000yen was charged to my credit card. Not sure Rukuten also has DQX copy for sale though.

Edited by Murd

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

^ *Internal Struggle* ^

Screw the box. Screw the Wii. I'm buying PC All In One digitally.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Actually, what's this about Rakuten and fraud? I keep reading about it, and haven't seen anything saying it's been cleared up.

Hmm... The news is over a year old now... And SE links directly to them on their site... If I can use it with PayPal, than I think I'll be OK. (The reports said PayPal users weren't being affected anyways.)

Rakuten is a major Japanese business corporation and shopping empire. I'd find fraud claims to be suspect.

Why is it that the option for Rakuten doesn't show up for me? Is it no longer an option to buy Crysta?

clsbotG.png?1

I notice that it says partner sites aren't available.  Is that a maintenance thing? Thanks for any assistance.

Edited by Gloomy

Sorry I couldn't have been more help. I've added Crysta through the main Square Enix online account page and the FF14 Mogstation mostly, so there might be a DQ10 version at the Astoltia (I think?) Immigration Center. But usually I go to the "Crysta charge" page on my account settings and use that.