Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick The Hero

Raising Awareness through Gameplay

I had planned to open a Twitter account and start tweeting about Dragon Quest. I had an idea the other day though: I was at a Dairy Queen enjoying a Georgia Mud Fudge blizzard, and saw this on my tray:

A ____ Blizzard Treat make me happier than a _____ with a _____.

#lovemyDQ

So, what if we did this:

Dragon Quest ____ in the west would make me happier than a ____ with a ____.

#lovemyDQ

#QuestToTheWest

Also, we could post "5bucklunchagrams", with one those $5 lunch deals from Dairy Queen, but with a Dragon Quest game running on your DS/iPad/Android/iPhone/PSP/etc. in the background.

The whole posting-your-food-on-the-internet thing is stupid, but I see this more as a creative parody than JUST posting pictures of your food.

i only have three multiplayer game and that is doom 3 my pc can't handel that many newer games so i think that it can handel halo combat evolve and terraria those are the only multiplayer games i have and btw erdrick i know that when it is 4 pm here it is 7 am in usa i hope that helps with the time zone

i only have three multiplayer game and that is doom 3 my pc can't handel that many newer games so i think that it can handel halo combat evolve and terraria those are the only multiplayer games i have and btw erdrick i know that when it is 4 pm here it is 7 am in usa i hope that helps with the time zone

That... Kind of gives me an idea. But there are multiple time zones in the US. I, personally, fall into Pacific time (GMT-8:00).

That... Kind of gives me an idea. But there are multiple time zones in the US. I, personally, fall into Pacific time (GMT-8:00).
the tine i was looking at was los angles

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the #QuestForTheWest hashtag on Twitter has been co-opted for some sort of sports topic. I can't discern the exact reason or their use of the phrasing, but if you check it out on Twitter, you'll find my two recent posts and then a dozen or so sports references. I've seen a few references to Football, Basketball and Baseball (possibly all college sports) with this hashtag. Perhaps we can use that to our advantage--whatever makes the phrase trend--but we should get some more DQ related references posted with this hashtag, including @SquareEnix @SquareEnixUSA.

Example:

https://twitter.com/...871381463527425

I've also started an Occasional Taunts topic, where I'll post some digs at SquareEnix and the SE US branch, about localization:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30939

Feel free to add any Twitter taunts you want to that Dragon's Den post, if you want to document additional contributions to localization marketing.

It's teams trying to win the western conference in their sport. Dodgers are in the NL West (or AL). Basketball has eastern & western conferences. I think the Golden Gophers are in the Big 10 West.