Sign in to follow this  
Erdrick The Hero

Raising Awareness through Gameplay

Me, you, ButThouMust. We could do a cpu player too, or find someone else who's interested. I might be alter to find a local friend to play too.

I guess it'll have to do.

Pick a day and time and I'll try to make it. Who's doing the game. ButThouMust?

Well, we'll have to all figure out a time together. Best time for me would be to start anytime on a Monday between 9 and 3 PST. I could do Sundays too though.

Thought of a better title for our channel: Westers' Quest.

For those of you guys that have seen my dq theory videos i really like this ide about a grupp youtube chanell i can record but i don't think i have enoght mb to upload so i realy like to do this with you guys so tesla sign me up on this like project

As long it is on pc that is the only thing that i have (i hate to write on my phone)

Well I've already made a YT channel. I dont know if we can change the name now. >_>

So can i join the channel

Well I've already made a YT channel. I dont know if we can change the name now. >_>

Have you uploaded anything? If not, (assuming you like the new name) we could just dump that channel and start the new one.

YT allows me to change it once. Are you sure this is what you want?

It was just an idea for us to make as a group decision. Rester's Quest is fun and quirky, but it doesn't seem to hit home with our goal of bringing the games westward. I must admit, Wester's Quest sounds a little awkward. Let's leave it the way it is for now.

I have an idea!

What if we left the channel name as Rester's Quest, but have the Let's Play team be called the Western Warriors? This also allows us to use the channel as a general DQ channel, but have sub-categories/teams/shows on the channel.

Sounds good to me. : )

i also like the ide erdrick

Great! That solves that then. Tesla, are you busy today? (It's Monday, so I'm guessing you are, but some people have weird work schedules, like me, so maybe?)

Never mind Tesla, I was going to see if you wanted to do some DQ commentary today but my sister came home early today so I won't be able to record.

Alrighty.

I have school to 1.50pm almoste everyday so i can join you after around 2.45pm

Time zone would help, Solo.

Swedish time i don'realy understand the time zones

This talk of multiplayer and ETH's avatar made me think of something. There is a multiplayer game we could play together to promote dragon quest, but isn't a dragon quest game- minecraft. Although minecraft is one of the most overdone games to stream or do LP's of perhaps having a multiplayer server that is DQ themed could be streamed/recorded. Like recreating DQ landmarks in minecraft. Or hell, if we got any experience texture pack makers or general minecraft modders around here make DQ based mods for it.

Other than that any kind of LP of stream needs good commentary to keep people interested. People may also not be too keen on watching grinding- something common to a lot of DQ games.

Well seeing as how I personally cant stand Minecraft you can count me out for that.

This talk of multiplayer and ETH's avatar made me think of something. There is a multiplayer game we could play together to promote dragon quest, but isn't a dragon quest game- minecraft. Although minecraft is one of the most overdone games to stream or do LP's of perhaps having a multiplayer server that is DQ themed could be streamed/recorded. Like recreating DQ landmarks in minecraft. Or hell, if we got any experience texture pack makers or general minecraft modders around here make DQ based mods for it.

Other than that any kind of LP of stream needs good commentary to keep people interested. People may also not be too keen on watching grinding- something common to a lot of DQ games.

Mattcraft, I, and a couple others have plans for a Den Minecraft server in which we planned to do just that. The problem is we don't have enough people signed up to play to justify the server cost yet. If you'd like to join in, you can join our Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DraDen and join the discussion http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DraDen/discussions/0/34095132033478474/

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the #QuestForTheWest hashtag on Twitter has been co-opted for some sort of sports topic.  I can't discern the exact reason or their use of the phrasing, but if you check it out on Twitter, you'll find my two recent posts and then a dozen or so sports references.  I've seen a few references to Football, Basketball and Baseball (possibly all college sports) with this hashtag.  Perhaps we can use that to our advantage--whatever makes the phrase trend--but we should get some more DQ related references posted with this hashtag, including @SquareEnix @SquareEnixUSA.

Example:

https://twitter.com/...871381463527425

I've also started an Occasional Taunts topic, where I'll post some digs at SquareEnix and the SE US branch, about localization:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30939

Feel free to add any Twitter taunts you want to that Dragon's Den post, if you want to document additional contributions to localization marketing.

Edited by Liamland

Are you suggesting we stop using #QuestToTheWest and start using #QuestForTheWest since the latter one is trending for a different reason?  I am not objecting to this at all, just clarifying.  I think this is the first I have seen reference to #QuestForTheWest , though it does bear a striking resemblance to our winning hashtag contest submission.

Slight problem with that plan. If SE were indeed looking at that hashtag and saw a bunch of sport-related tweets...they might just shrug and ignore it thinking that it has little to do with them.

Could just be me being overly concerned...but I do put myself in their position and try to think about how I might react to it.

I was wondering about that when I looked up the hashtag a little while ago. :/