Sign in to follow this  
Kawaii_koneko

suggestion/possablity

ok with the fact that Dragon Quest 8, 4, and 1 are on mobile devices and the fact that Final Fantasy 13 and 4 just got released to Steam it seams that it might be something that we could ask for also is steam versions of things it might be already in the works it might not but I will say that I would more then likely buy it on my computer then a mobile device personally

and people said that 8 was in unity so it could already happen but something that I am now rambling about but I hope the point makes sense

The point makes sense, but I don't think we should yet split off and ask for something we're not going to get.  Unless the games will sell in Steam in Japan, it's not going to happen.  Every decision SE makes is based first around the Japanese market, then around the NA/EU markets, but only in relation to releasing a version that exists already in its exact state in Japan.

The problem is that it complicates the campaign to get existing games released here.  It's usually best to keep a cohesive message in requesting the only versions of a game that would ever be released.

That said, I see no harm in mentioning it personally, in personalized letters, and in making an extended campaign down the road, should this prove successful in any form, such as seeing an official announcement of Dragon Quest VII's US release (I was so hoping for an announcement yesterday...would've been an awesome birthday present, and it would've been fantastic to use TGS as the platform for such an announcement).

Though if you want to encourage people to add these into personal letters to SE, then by all means, but I don't think we should do a focused campaign based on it at this time.  Another problem is, wouldn't Japanese players themselves need to campaign for it in their own country first?

I'm not saying people should split off I am saying that might be nice to ask for it on steam square is already moving things that are on other things to it so adding it and FF13 is getting a steam release world wide release not one in japan and then one in other markets so saying wait for Japanese markets to get it isn't necessarily the right way to think of things yes with dragon quest things it has been a lot of things but saying please think of pc market on things isn't bad if they are already putting them on tablets to think that the PC is a viable market also and they may already be thinking of the market who knows

Hmm...well it FF13 is not seeing a steam release in Japan.  Sure, ok.  Then I'll consider adding it into my next personal letter campaign, and maybe working it into my planned DQX business copy-pasta letter.  Afterall, you can stream games through steam and work off a cloud.  Steam's also been a lucrative release window for the Ys series as well (still prefer the PSP versions, but can't complain about the quality and availability).

Then yeah, I'll run it by you, see what you think.  Until I get around to it, I've got a few other things on my plate first.

Oh, sorry kawaii, I misinterpreted what you were saying.  Well, I can understand your perspective, that we should ask first here.  Still, realize that it's unlikely for SE to make a business decision on that directly.  I'm not saying don't assume that nothing will come out of it, but DQ releases have to be approved by all parties who have copyrights to the series, so it's unlikely that US and EU players asking for a steam released that wasn't already planned for Japan, of Dragon Quest, is quite unlikely.

Still, considering that there are many people who would prefer not to buy a 3DS release, would not care for a mobile release, it wouldn't hurt to make the point of a Steam, maybe even a VC/PSN.

The only issue is asking for so many elements does cloud the original request, and from the NA/EU Square perspective, they're going to look at the request and likely shrug because it's not planned or released that way from SE Japan.

So make the request if you want to, use personal letters and advocate for it through personal letters.  Maybe a little sidebit like a PS for more simple business oriented requests, like:

PS: A release of these games on PSN, VC, and/or Steam would also expand the sales potential worldwide, especially in NA and EU.  Please consider this, as many fans, including myself would purchase multiple copies on multiple systems of our favourite games.

Something like that.  For a personal letter, maybe change it into a short 2-3 sentence paragraph.  Something liken to:

Final Fantasy has seen steam and PSN releases.  It would greatly benefit SE, and make the burden of choosing to purchase a Dragon Quest series release on fans easier by releasing the Dragon Quest series on multiple platforms that they are not currently.  Steam, PSN, and Virtual Console for the 3DS and WiiU would greatly expand the sales potential, and allow both newcomers and fans have more choices by which to choose their Dragon Quest experiences, expanding the potential sales and profit margins for your company, by virtue of Dragon Quest series sales.  I know that many, like myself, would prefer to own as many copies of Dragon Quest games, even if it spans multiple systems, as a just in case scenario.  A scenario such as a need to simplify life by having out one system at a time, but still wanting to play Dragon Quest games without having to dig out a second or third system from storage every time the urge to play comes up.

That would work nicely reworded by anyone wanting to write a personal letter, and wishing to add that element in.  Then the core of the letter can focus on the particular release that's desired, like Dragon Quest VII, or maybe Terry's Wonderland, or perhaps Dragon Quest X.