Sign in to follow this  
Pendy

Dragon Quest Heroes

This needs it's own forum now:

Is this supposed to be Sony's answer to Hyrule Warriors or something?

Sounds like they used the iOS versions of the music? Why not just use the Symphonic Suites?

-I could be wrong, it's hard to tell over the voices and the hackin' 'n' slashin'-

SUUUUUUUUUUPAH HIGH TENSION

I don't know why they keep trying to say its not Musou. Sure it doesn't have the map but it looks like you're still doing the same thing. Just instead of officers you beat big monsters, like in Hyrule warriors.

if i may ask how can you like games like this (i know everyone get to like whaterver they want) it might be dq characters but still same is it white dq sword i can't see what you guys see in games like this

You get to slaughter DQ monsters in mass amounts all at once using famed DQ weapons and abilities.  It's a fun idea for a side game.   

Do you think there will be a story?

Bad things have happened. Good people ate hurting. Bad monsters must die. Win.
  • Upvote 3

I like this game and the way it looks, I just hope it has a nice unique story line and just isn't a mindless hack and slash.

I wonder which monsters will be there - I am pretty sure there was a dragon-form Dracolord in one video

Having never enjoyed Musou games, I bought the One Piece ones because I thought maybe how much I love One Piece might make them more fun. And it did I guess, but not that much fun and I never finished either of them. Then they announce Hyrule Warriors and I know I won't really enjoy it but I'll end up buying it because I love Zelda. Now before that is even out they announce this and now I know there's another damn Musou game coming which I'll buy and probably not really enjoy. At least I already have a Wii U.

Also, this is lovely:

icesgdly1qcdgxjfuicc.jpg

ujusgou1lpsasss8rt5d.jpg

I bought a PS2 for DQ8. I bought a DS for IX, IV, V, and VI. Now I need a PS4 for this. :)

People need to know that this game is also coming out for the PS3. Pretty much every game coming to the PS4 is coming to the PS3 (Or Vita) atm in japan.

Also Musou games are an odd series for me. Each gen I seem to choose one series, the PS2/GCN era I just played the original Dynasty games, last gen I bought the Gundam series and this gen I've already gotten Hyrule Warriors so I'll prob stick with Zelda. Just that it's hard to play every warriors game since they pretty much all play the same, I tried the One Piece ver but I was bored fairly quickly yet I spent so many hours on the Gundam ones first.

Edited by Daft Slime

Maybe if there's less text to translate it will actually make it over here.

That DQ-themed PS4 looks sweet.

Listening to the commentary...is this an MMO?

Edited by Liamland

It looks amazing!! This is my argument for why we should get a PS3 (my family isn't into gaming all that much so we only have a wii *sigh*, however, my dad is looking at cheap PS3s online) Is it going to be multiplayer? And localised, for that matter. It won't help my argument if we don't get it.

Edited by bel_dat

We don't know yet. You could always import it though. And there are plenty of other great PS3 games to make a case to get it.

I recently got the Zelda game like this.  The graphics are really nice.  I am still early in the game but in Hyrule Warriors you keep hitting enemies in large numbers.  Like I said before it is really easy but I am early in the game.  It's kind of mindless but it is fun so far.  I really dig the Dragon Quest art styles so I am happy about this coming game.

I hope they port this game sooner than later :)

I wonder which monsters will be there - I am pretty sure there was a dragon-form Dracolord in one video

I didn't see Dracolord. Here's a list of the monsters i 've seen either in the reveal trailer, the two gameplay videos from TGS or the official site: 

Slime

Metal Slime

She Slime

Dracky

Magician

Hammerhood

Skeleton

Golem

Green Dragon

Gigantes

Archdemon

Bubble Slime

King Slime

Killing Machine

Chimaera

Restless armor

Gargoyle

Bjorn

Troll

Skeleton Soldier

Silvapithecus

Atlas

Teeny Sanguini

Slime Knight

(i had to pause the video a couple times to see the troll and the silvapithecus)

And the characters in the game (so far) are:

Male protagonist

Female protagonist

Dirk (the old man)

Julieta (the maid)

Terry

Alena

Maya

Kyril

the Crown-wearing Healslime (maybe just a helper. ???)

They held a votation in Nico-Nico and Bianca won, so i'd say its safe to asume she'll be in too. (read this)

Edited by Awesomeinblue
  • Upvote 2

Wow, thanks for the info, I can't wait to see more on this game!

You're lucky then: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/previous-dragon-quest-characters-will-fully-voiced-dragon-quest-heroes

VOICE ACTING CONFIRMED! Can't wait to hear the classic characters and that heal slime talk.

PS: remember than on the 28th they'll announce a few more things on Nico-Nico

Edited by Awesomeinblue
  • Upvote 1

VOICE ACTED!?!?!??! Wow. I hope that it's good voice acting though.

Edited by bel_dat

Is this coming out exclusively for PS3 and PS4?  Dang, I don't know if it's worth buying the system for.  Better find some PS4 friends.