Sign in to follow this  
Aeana

A thread for my tinkering with DQ10

FF14 just isnt really meant for cooperative teamwork. Its a place of competition in the wrong areas of the game. Like loot and the like. DQX has the same formula of a carrot on a stick with gear. But it maddening to get or fight over like you will get in theme park MMO's like WoW and in this case FF14.

FF14 is a beauitiful game, I just wish they used those resources to revamp FF11.

I know and thats the point, I wouldnt have to rely on any "SUPER L33t PWNZERZ GUILD!" to get the best of the best equipment, or do all of the story in DQX.  Thats why I want it so bad.  

As mentioned in a previous post not too long ago, I have been travelling for work (part of putting on this competition, actually), so haven't been working on this for a week or two.  I'll be back into it next week.

Hmm........maybe when this patch is finally completed, someone will do an actual let's play, and not an eventual cop-out like Saigan's...........jerk..........................................................

Hmm........maybe when this patch is finally completed, someone will do an actual let's play, and not an eventual cop-out like Saigan's...........jerk..........................................................

Saigancat didn't cop out. SE went after him with a copyright strike on YouTube. That's a major threat to his channel.

• Upvote 2

Believe me, I know the whole story. All he had to do was re-record the video and delete the original, and Square Enix would've gotten off his back, but what does he do? HE THROWS A F###ING TEMPER TANTRUM AND QUITS!!!!!!!!! AND THEN HE GOES ON ABOUT NEVER BUYING A GAME FROM SQUARE ENIX EVER AGAIN!!!!!!! Oh, I'm sorry, he actually said "until they start respecting their fans more," or something like that. So what, he wants them to kiss his feet and put him in charge? GROW THE F### UP!!!!!!!!!! He's acting like he got arrested for expressing his opinion at E3! This is YOUTUBE we're talking about! A VIDEO WEBSITE THAT CAN BE EASILY MANIPULATED!!!!!!!!!!!!! There, happy now? You've successfully gotten a rant out of me, and I have to type this on my 3DS BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A F###ING COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill out mate. You can only get so many copyright strikes until you lose your channel, permanently and I've put a lot of work into it. It also isn't just me, everyone who posted about DQ: Heroes got hit with strikes, there's the Hi-Score Girl lawsuit, the Type-0 translation issues, the list goes on. I reached out to SE multiple times and was only ever responded to by the American branch who were very polite but they couldn't get the parent company to respond to them. I was willing to edit out the offending part of my video but it was a year after the fact and it was deleted from youtube. It isn't just locked. It is gone and they refused to let me fix it by not even hearing me out.

So yes, I currently have a very low opinion of SEJ and find it difficult to support them when they hit fans with copyright strikes and threats of lawsuits. There are plenty of other companies that make quality games who are more pleasant to deal with and it is my responsibility as a consumer to do business with the companies I feel are worth doing business with. 

• Upvote 3

Crap, beat me to it.

YouTube's insane content ID and response systems is why I stopped using the service. I couldn't upload anything, even my own content, without getting a claim. There's no way to dispute a claim, even if you have the proper documentation, because it's all automated.

• Upvote 2

Chill out mate. You can only get so many copyright strikes until you lose your channel, permanently and I've put a lot of work into it. It also isn't just me, everyone who posted about DQ: Heroes got hit with strikes, there's the Hi-Score Girl lawsuit, the Type-0 translation issues, the list goes on. I reached out to SE multiple times and was only ever responded to by the American branch who were very polite but they couldn't get the parent company to respond to them. I was willing to edit out the offending part of my video but it was a year after the fact and it was deleted from youtube. It isn't just locked. It is gone and they refused to let me fix it by not even hearing me out.

So yes, I currently have a very low opinion of SEJ and find it difficult to support them when they hit fans with copyright strikes and threats of lawsuits. There are plenty of other companies that make quality games who are more pleasant to deal with and it is my responsibility as a consumer to do business with the companies I feel are worth doing business with. 

I hope ya do a Nino Kuni lets play eventually Sai im looking forward to that one. 

• Upvote 2

Once I beat DQ6 I'm going to get back into DQX. I let my sub run out because I didn't have time for school + work + DQ6 + Itadaki Street + *secret project* + DQVII2 + development of my original game + Christmas shopping + social life + learning Japanese + DQX. I may or may not be recording an LP, but if I do, there's no way it will be a good replacement for Sai's, as I don't yet understand the language.

Once I beat DQ6 I'm going to get back into DQX. I let my sub run out because I didn't have time for school + work + DQ6 + Itadaki Street + *secret project* + DQVII2 + development of my original game + Christmas shopping + social life + learning Japanese + DQX. I may or may not be recording an LP, but if I do, there's no way it will be a good replacement for Sai's, as I don't yet understand the language.

Haha, I don't have much understanding of Japanese either. The system is easy enough to learn and a basic understanding of the kanas helps a lot but I also had a lot of help from Mimas and a couple of japanese speaking subscribers to get me through tough spots. There's a bigger english speaking community on DQX now so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting assistance from the other Den members who play. Cranberry and Mimas are very helpful and patient :)

Yes, Cran and Mimas are both very helpful. Ashes is a great help too!

I haven't beaten DQ6 yet, but I've been wanting to play DQX for a while now. I'm trying to set up a proxy through AWS right now.