Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

FF14 has Dragon Quest crossover event in U.S.

I could swear to God they did this exact same event around Valentine's Day.

They probably thought it would work as an easy advertisement for the mobile games.

It'll work.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the mobile titles, though it is nice promotion for DQ games in general. All three of the crossover events (FFXI, DQX and Lightning Returns) were brought back for the FFXIV anniversary celebration. FFXIV is an international game, so all the events and updates happen worldwide at the exact same time. The DQX crossover event is exactly the same as the previous time, but you can now purchase a King Slime Crown from the quest NPC that wasn't available previously. The FFXI and Lightning Returns events weren't given anything new when they were brought back, though.

Can't play the game, but I appreciate how they make the golems a bit more fitting to the world of FFXIV. I remember seeing images of DQX's FF event and it kinda let me down that they basically recycled models directly from the FF side instead of Toriyama-fying them. Guess that'd be more work, though, ehh...

That is pretty neat looking I must say!  With hearing Sony and the DQ series getting finally returned with the Metal Slime PS4, I feel that a lot of us DQ fans on this side of the world will be getting more of what we want.

Its among the events they brought back for the anniversary. There's a new Slime King hat which is neat, and new Slime Earrings which are unavailable in game but exist.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/6201fd41cce/

That looks really cool, but I doubt I will ever play FF XIV.  I do hope that it does promote DQ though.

Speaking of Final Fantasy XIV, who here is playing the game? Been playing it for a couple of months. It's the most fun I've had with Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy XI. Square should just make Final Fantasy an MMO series only now I think. All their single player games suck after IX (VII and VIII were pretty avg). Also Final Fantasy XV is in dev hell cause Nomura can't make a good game and will no doubt be a bad game as well.

A new addition to this one is a King Slime hat.

I'd probably play it if it wasn't $15 a month. $180 a year is too much for a game.

I'd probably play it if it wasn't $15 a month. $180 a year is too much for a game.

I should have a mindset like that as well! With a lot of things, gym, daily coffee, quick nibbles. 

I should have a mindset like that as well! With a lot of things, gym, daily coffee, quick nibbles.

How about this then: I could buy 3 brand new, full priced games for the cost of playing one.

Edited by eal

Speaking of Final Fantasy XIV, who here is playing the game? Been playing it for a couple of months. It's the most fun I've had with Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy XI. Square should just make Final Fantasy an MMO series only now I think. All their single player games suck after IX (VII and VIII were pretty avg). Also Final Fantasy XV is in dev hell cause Nomura can't make a good game and will no doubt be a bad game as well.

I had to stop playing it since I got betrayed by the FC I helped raise for an entire year to be the best hardcore FC of the server.  I just didnt had the willingness to start again with another FC on another server in another cluster to become the top tank again.  Takes too much time and I gotta focus on RL stuff for now.  I miss FFXIV everyday and wish to go bk to it, only thing that could possibly keep my mind off of it now is DQX.  Sighs...

and its 9.99 a month.  Depends on what sub features you want.  Less than that for Legacy members like myself. 

Edited by Alexandrious

How about this then: I could buy 3 brand new, full priced games for the cost of playing one.

You could easily play XIV longer than 3 games, thats the appeal of mmos. Same reason I want DQX. DQ forever