Sign in to follow this  
Democrobot

Quick poll

Should the next NQC be DW/DQVII exlcusive?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, since a Notable Quotable contest will be starting up right away to help increase the list of quotes, it has been suggested that as a tie-in to the other DQ7 promotion, we only accept quotes from only this game. What are your thoughts on this?

While I can't recall too many quotes from VII right off the bat it seems ludicrous to say "no, it'll limit folks" when the game's script took up most of a bookshelf.

It IS a bit of a monstrous game to play through in search of quotes, though. Still, the original translation and its... charms, I'll say, do provide a lot of material throughout, even near the start.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's also the matter of folks who don't have the game and it being kinda rare and expensive last I heard, but aren't there text dumps and such to go through? Or would that be kinda cheaty?

Edited by PantheonSasuke

From what I've seen, a lot of the previous Notable Quotables are disproportionately from VII. There's only so many good quotes in a game, including VII. 

These are all valid points. That's why I'm doing this poll. I plan on getting this up tomorrow since I have no school, so please weigh in before that time.

Great, I've been looking forward to Notable Quotable contest! I think we should have more than VII be part of the contest, but I think you could have VII be the front runner for an option to search for a quote from.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's also the matter of folks who don't have the game and it being kinda rare and expensive last I heard, but aren't there text dumps and such to go through? Or would that be kinda cheaty?

There is nothing wrong with that. I myself don't actually go through the entire game looking for a single quote. Especially since some are only available at certain times

Great, I've been looking forward to Notable Quotable contest! I think we should have more than VII be part of the contest, but I think you could have VII be the front runner for an option to search for a quote from.

VII is usually where most of the quotes come from anyways.

Also there's the brand new DQ1 localization which has some neat stuff that has yet to be picked through. As much as I LOVE DQ7, I don't think this would be a good choice.

I'd like for less of a focus on humor. There are a lot of great quotes out there that aren't funny and are, as you would say, "notable."

I like the humor, but it would also be nice to have some notable ones that are serious.

I also think some of the current ones are not notable nor funny. I would like participants to really weigh each one to determine if they are worthy; if not, keep looking. No hurry in trying to be the first to submit, guys.

Sign in to follow this