Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #118 - Become a DQ1 Light-Speed Champion!

DQ1_Icon.png

Dragon Quest I Mobile draws near!  Command?  

I know you have all purchased this game by now (right?) but do you have what it takes to be a Light-Speed Champion? 

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This contest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest I Mobile, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 10 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their mobile version of DQ1 will achieve this prestigious accolade
2) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your mobile device, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it
3) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone will not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username
4) You can submit your evidence in this topic or via private message if you prefer
5) This contest will remain open until 10 winners have been identified

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

"Take care and tempt not the fates"

Edited by King Zenith

You might want to have this one at 10 since it is cheaper and shorter :)

Good point, I'll fix that now.

Wow, that was truly fast.  Nicely done.

Not surprising. I'm sure a lot of Dragon Quest I has become muscle-memory for old-schoolers and it's a relatively short game to begin with. I predict all 10 winners will come forth by the end of the week at most.

You might want to have this one at 10 since it is cheaper and shorter :)

Yay! I've placed in the other 2. Didn't think I'd have a shot a this one. Maybe.

And done! Hope this counts towards buying it lol

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Son of a...

Yes, PLEASE bump it up to 10 people! I actually have a shot at this one, plus since the game is shorter it makes sense to bump it to 10.

Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bump it to 10!

It's been bumped to 10 now. Good luck everyone

The rules made it quite difficult for me to capture sufficient proof, so pardon the bad 3DS-taken pictures.

post-5083-0-66409500-1410526207_thumb.jpgpost-5083-0-77159100-1410526232_thumb.jpg

Yeah, sorry about that Lothis, but thanks for your submission.  That's 2 / 10 of the slots gone now.

The reason it was difficult is because my phone IS my camera haha. 3DS is literally the only other camera I had.

My phone is my camera as well, best way I could figure out, was to message myself from my computer so it popped up during the game, then screenshot it an send it back to the computer...

IMG_7251_zps82a9c225.pngb

Ha ha.  That'll do nicely.  Well done.  Seven slots left!

Better make it six, King Zenith. Ol' Yangus has defeated the Dragonlord, guv!

As you can see, I won the battle against the Dragonlord's true form by the skin of my teeth! Truly it was an epic battle.

Yeah, level 18 is about as early as that can be done.  Nice work!  Six spots left then!

I don't care how many ports they do. I don't care how many times I play it. The original DQ, the flagship DQ, will always hold a special place in my heart. Should the day come that I don't like playing this game, just tell them to turn off the life support.

Screenshot_2014-09-12-19-32-04_zpsd632a1 Screenshot_2014-09-12-19-34-24_zps2110c8

And then there were five...

Crap that's fast! Eeeuuurrrggghhh... Nearly... There...

Are there really spots open for this contest? I never win this type of thing. :whoa: I should really figure out how to do screen captures with my phone. *smacks forehead*

Ooh, I could try that 3DS thing Lothis did. Or use hubby's camera... Yeah, that might be easier. Better get going or these next 5 slots will be filled up. :D

Oh, and I'm with you, Brigam. The original will always be a joy to play. I like the NES for nostalgia and the sheer, unadulterated challenge of it. I used to like the GBC for its mobility, and I enjoy the SNES version for the graphical "pop!" and the clever, die-hard fan translations. But now it's on my phone, and this one will get the award for easiest and fastest. :)

EDIT: Crap! I used my go-to DQ name of Erik instead of my Dragon's Den name 'cause I never thought I'd have a chance at this contest. >.< Boy, am I an idiot! Hahaha. Well, at least I entered the "Purchase DQ1" contest. Good luck to the rest of you still playing for the last 5 slots!

Edited by AerynB

As soon as I hit level 17 and got Midheal from the level up, I headed straight for the Dragonlord's castle. What was nice was that I had a mountain of MP by that level and a lot of speed, so I was doing alright. The problem though was that my HP growth was pretty sad, and my strength was only so so (at least I felt it was). My HP and MP totals were only a few points apart, about 10 or so. So while I was able to cast Midheal as many times as needed, I had to cast it a lot of times in that final battle due to the Dragonlord constantly spamming his blistering flame attack.

That screen shot of my HP and MP at 5 was only possible because I took a REALLY risky shot and attacked him. If he had gone before me, would've been game over.

Long story short: Naming the hero Yangus gives you great speed and a great MP pool, but lackluster health and so-so strength. Being risky was the name of the game.

I hope there are slots left!

post-76454-0-93786100-1410600616_thumb.jpg

Here is my submission

dq1andios_208.png

EDIT: Crap! I used my go-to DQ name of Erik instead of my Dragon's Den name 'cause I never thought I'd have a chance at this contest. >.< Boy, am I an idiot! Hahaha. Well, at least I entered the "Purchase DQ1" contest. Good luck to the rest of you still playing for the last 5 slots!

You might be OK if you wrote your Den name on a piece of paper and took the photo with another camera.

King Zenith do you have a ruling on that?

You might be OK if you wrote your Den name on a piece of paper and took the photo with another camera.

King Zenith do you have a ruling on that?

You're right, Woodus! That was point 2 in the list of evidence. Woohoo! I might still have a chance. Off to kill the Dragonlord again. :D

EDIT: Here you go, KZ.

post-4549-0-06965100-1410620159_thumb.jpg

Edited by AerynB

Sign in to follow this