Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

DQX "Useful Tool" App

If the specifics of this haven't been figured out by this weekend I'll try to make a post on it all.

well I just want to know how to raise happiness for pets.

Just keep fighting/ grinding as normal. It is believed that pet's hapiness will increase faster if you fight monsters that are stronger than you. Also, 110sp passive also shorten grinding time by half.

well I just want to know how to raise happiness for pets.

Just keep fighting/ grinding as normal. It is believed that pet's hapiness will increase faster if you fight monsters that are stronger than you. Also, 110sp passive also shorten grinding time by half.
Happiness growth occurs at the end of battle randomly. It's more likely to happen the higher level monsters you fight. There are other theories, but higher level creatures and the 110 skill are your two most valuable ways to increase happiness.

I made mention of this in another topic, but since I'm getting questions about it... How to train your monster from base happiness to the cap really quick!

167505852_zps69d44020.jpg

Of course when we get a new monster, we want to train them until they can travel with us regardless of our class! Because, y'know, what's the point of having them if they're going to shun us the second we stop being a Tamer/Item Master? Plus look at that flexing. Healslimes are buff I tells ya! No really, get them a support tree and they have tons of buffs :P

What you need:

1. Any class at the level cap OR friends/team members at the cap for Battle Master and Priest. (Psst, you have access to these. Just ask. I'm better than a majority of the Battle Masters you'd get on hire plus I can add in my hirameki belt so you can do longer training sessions without needing to inn.)

2. Access to 2.1 is ideal. The best spot to raise them is available in 2.1, and the 120 SP cap is unlocked through 2.1 which allows you access to the 110SP skill for your respective class that makes training monsters twice as fast.

The target:

http://www.d-quest-10.com/detail/a00207.html (Bustin' internet Trolls all day long y'all!)

Recommended hunting locations:

- Outside of 2.1's Seredo village (the town next to Dharma Temple, or the second option from the carriage at the main castle). Set ruura in town and you literally just have to walk out of town to find them.

- Top left corner of Glen East. Set your ruura at the Lion's Gate map (the one north of Glen East) and go from there. This spot is pretty far away.

Nothing else to really mention about this. Just fight Trolls, they have low defense so you and your monsters will be able to damage them easily, fairly low HP, they provide stamps if your tamer/Item Master is at the cap and higher level enemies seem to increase your monster's happiness a lot more often.

Estimated time: 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours to reach the cap from ~10 happiness (monsters start with around 8 to 12) or about 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 without the 110 SP skill.

After that you can use them on any class, or put them in reserve to power level them while you grind other classes.

Both from the monster & item master guide I referred you to in game. Those time frames assume you can handle the battles. Your pet HAS to be alive at the end of battle for it to gain happiness.

Edited by Ashes

As per my experience, when I was around level 48-50 on my demon tamer, i fought monster (black penguin casting bekima) around my level (you again a bit exp bonus) and pet hapiness increased very slowly (like 3-4 per hour).

Then I moved to another map with stronger monsters and the hapiness increased much faster (like 8-10 per hours). This is not regarding to your pet's level but your own tamer class level including level of your hiring AI in your party as well.

Ashes didnt you mention that the app itself can raise happiness?

They will be adding a function that let's you raise happiness of pets a bit in the app's next update, yes.

There's an Android version of this, too.

If people get the app and put monsters on their farm, we can invite each other (in the app) to have a party/feast with our pets, which boosts every monster's EXP a little, and loyalty a lot (IMO anyway, since it's always at least +1 and can go higher). I have not seen a way to do it via team members yet. Word to the wise though: Since you can only really do a max of 9 parties, it may be better to just do this deal with one person who has 3 monsters on their farm.

You can send a monster to a party 3 times a day, and as far as I can tell, can have a max of 3 monsters in your farm at once. For friends, you can invite a monster as many times as you like: I invited one person's monster 9 times (every single time on my 3 monsters) so as you can imagine, they got triple the EXP of feeding them all alone.

I'll write a mini-guide for the app (Android version, hopefully the IOS one is similar enough):

When you first start it up, you need to put in your Square Enix ID and password, just like logging in to the main game. Once that's done you pick a character.

From this point on, when you start up the app, you can choose whatever characters you've added/have on your account.

Once you choose your character, there are two tabs in the app: The first is called メニュー and should be selected by default.

The second tab is called プレミアムコンシェルジュ and this one has all the cool stuff (IMO anyway, you can do stuff like check the bazaar or sell things).

For the farm, you want to tap on モンスター牧場 and you'll be taken to your farm.

The first time you play this there's lots of introductory stuff you can mostly skip. Just tap on the ã¯ã„ buttons to advance. The first thing you have to do is buy a table and set it down somewhere on your farm. Via tutorial you get a free table. The table comes from the button that looks like a store: It has a striped awning on it. Pick the free table, set it down somewhere, then tap on it and click パーティをã²ã‚‰ã and you will then have the bottom of your screen give a menu with your monsters. Drag one to a set at your table (highlighted in blue) and then choose your friend's monster. Then you start the party and both of them eat some meat, get EXP and loyalty, and you can repeat this up to 3x for each monster on your farm, every day.

I'm not sure when the timer resets because it's after midnight right now and my monsters are still full. It might be a real 24 hours after your last feeding.

Anyway, the best ways to mine this thing for gains on your monsters are:

1) Have one monster you really wanna train up/build up loyalty on and 2 other monsters filling slots (maybe others you wanna train, just not as big of a priority)

2) Have a friend with the same setup

3) Use your 3 monsters to invite your friend's "target" monster over to a party 9x

4) Have your friend do the same

You will get EXP/loyalty for your own work for each monster, while your friend gets their share of the EXP/loyalty 9x. The reverse applies for your friend, each of their monsters gets some EXP/loyalty too.

Keep in mind this is at minimum +9 loyalty per day, but I have seen a single feeding sometimes give +2 loyalty.

Warnings:

Monster levels don't update until you check them in-game at the monster stable NPCs in virtually every bar in-game. So you can have a low level monster potentially get leveled up a lot (via feeding) but still get less EXP since the % is based on its current level.

You have a limited supply of meat. This part of the app is like a lot of free games. You have farm coins, which you can use to buy furniture, but the real currency (that you can buy with real money) is gems (ジェム).

You buy meat with gems. They start you out with a ton of gems, so you can buy a decent stock of meat, but the only free way to get gems is to log in to the app and visit your farm once a day. You buy meat by tapping on the + icon next to it, then tapping on the arrows that pop up next to the 1 in the middle until you have the amount you want. >> and << will go up/down by 10s.

I'll add more later, I wanna get back to the game. But if you can learn how to use the app, and store some monsters on your farm, say hi to free levels and loyalty!

Edited by Bunk Moreland
  • Upvote 2

At least on iOS when you are on the part where you choose monsters to party with, at the bottom you can choose to add monsters from Yourself-Friend-Team.

Should've put monsters that weren't capped in the farm earlier... Slime's already got 10 happiness mostly from Bunk inviting him.  :thumbsup:

OK, some more details on the farm in this app:

You can definitely invite monsters from the team. It auto-selects friends (フレンド) after you choose your monster, but you can tap on the team (ãƒãƒ¼ãƒ ) tab and choose pets from the team that way. Characters darkened out in the list don't have monsters in their farm.

Loyalty/Happiness is guaranteed with each feeding, so you can choose whichever pets you want to build up via the farm parties. I'm not sure if it's easier to level cap or loyalty/happiness cap a monster, but it's a nice boost to any monsters, really.

Bigger parties are better: The EXP is the same if you invite 2 monsters or 8, along with the meat cost. So there's no real reason not to have big parties unless there aren't enough pets available.

If you care about farm coins, big parties are better: After a party finishes, you can play a scratch-off game to find 3 monsters. It uses monsters at the party table + random ones, so a full 8 would give you 8/9 chances of getting all 3 and winning 150 farm coins. You can also get some farm coins and treasures by checking on the farm and cutting any grass that grows. Treasure chests will spawn around the farm area, too.

For helping out friends/team members, I'd say only choose one of your monsters instead of throwing a party with all 3 + some team/friend monsters. You can feed each monster 3x/day so you can maximize boosting other people's pets that way, though it does cost you more meat (9 meat for 3 monsters 3x each, vs. 3 meat for 3 monsters 3x together as an example).

The farm has levels, too: When you level up the farm, you can buy new tables and decorations with farm coins. For leveling up, you get some meat and farm coins as a reward. You level up the farm by feeding monsters, so this will happen naturally. All it really does is unlock more tables and decorations.

Putting monsters in the farm:

If you have any monsters in your stables (the place near each bar), you can put 3 of them on the farm. Just talk to the same NPC you talk to for all other monster management, and choose モンスター牧場 from the list (3rd option), then put 3 monsters in your farm slots. After you choose 3 monsters, you have to select confirm (ã‘ã£ã¦ã„) from the box underneath the monsters. If you don't, no monsters will be sent to the farm. You don't have to be a Beastmaster or Tool user to move monsters or check on their status.

Edited by Bunk Moreland
  • Upvote 1

This app is very useful really to raise pet's hapiness without being tamer classes!! I'll surely try this app. Thank you for your guide Bunk!

Shall we make a thread about pet party request so everyone can help each other inviting your favorite pet to gain maximum happiness per day?

Does anyone have the link to this application from the Play Store? I tried looking for it but was unable to find it. I suspect it's because it's region locked for my area, so it won't show up on searches (which can be bypassed with an APK installer, but I still need the link to it on the Play Store to grab it).

I found it by searching ドラゴンクエスト though the actual app is like ãŠã§ã‹ã‘冒険者(kanji I can't read)ツール

If you just search ドラゴンクエスト and look for the app with a Dracky icon, that's the one to grab. It's definitely region-locked. There's also a 3DS version of this app, but that would be region-locked, too. I guess if anybody has a JP 3DS for the DQ7 remake or other DQ games on the system, you can download that as well.

I found it by searching ドラゴンクエスト though the actual app is like ãŠã§ã‹ã‘冒険者(kanji I can't read)ツール

If you just search ドラゴンクエスト and look for the app with a Dracky icon, that's the one to grab. It's definitely region-locked. There's also a 3DS version of this app, but that would be region-locked, too. I guess if anybody has a JP 3DS for the DQ7 remake or other DQ games on the system, you can download that as well.

Yeah I searched for ドラゴンクエスト and it doesn't show up. I got a bunch of player apps for recipes, a skill point simulator, and some other weird stuff, but not the official app.

I tried taking the app name from the iTunes store (冒険者ã®ãŠã§ã‹ã‘超便利ツール) as well to no avail. It doesn't show up at all for me.

http://puu.sh/bGQSx/ca69baba5d.jpg

Yeah I searched for ドラゴンクエスト and it doesn't show up. I got a bunch of player apps for recipes, a skill point simulator, and some other weird stuff, but not the official app.

I tried taking the app name from the iTunes store (冒険者ã®ãŠã§ã‹ã‘超便利ツール) as well to no avail. It doesn't show up at all for me.

You need to access settings > app store > view apple id > change country and region > change to japan and hten you can see the japanese itunes store. It is only available there. In addition, you can only update it from there. 

Won´t show up in Play Store if your IP shows you are outside of Japan. 

I think you can make it so you can send the app to be installed on your device if you are using a VPN that is set to Japan.  I might be remembering wrong, been over 2 year or so since I have installed anything that had been locked by region. 

Either way the link to the app. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.dqxtools&hl=ja

Edited by Nyum

You need to access settings > app store > view apple id > change country and region > change to japan and hten you can see the japanese itunes store. It is only available there. In addition, you can only update it from there. 

The iTunes App Store isn't an issue. The link to it is at the top of the page. It was the Google one that was the issue. I don't have an iPhone.

Won´t show up in Play Store if your IP shows you are outside of Japan. 

I think you can make it so you can send the app to be installed on your device if you are using a VPN that is set to Japan.  I might be remembering wrong, been over 2 year or so since I have installed anything that had been locked by region. 

Either way the link to the app. 

That's what I figured. Thanks for the link.

You can usually use an APK downloader to download from the Play Store, then transfer the APK to your device and install it that way.

But apparently that might be different than how it used to be, I'm having issues using the ones online (they're having issues).

Edited by Polantaris

I don't have an iPhone

There's your problem! Edited by Ashes

Does anyone have the link to this application from the Play Store? I tried looking for it but was unable to find it. I suspect it's because it's region locked for my area, so it won't show up on searches (which can be bypassed with an APK installer, but I still need the link to it on the Play Store to grab it).

I tried following your instructions bunk ( I am on the android as well) I cant seem to find the shop icon you are referring to get the table and then the farm.

Edited by Genrazian

Tried checking on Android, but the app didn´t want to open for me so hopefully it is the same as the iOS app that I took a screenshot from.

Pink mark is the tab you want to go to. Then to the green mark to go to the monster area. 

gIVNSSf.jpg