Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Dragon Quest 1 Mobile to Be Released Later Today

Thanks to TheCriticalHit for the info and the link

Looks like we are getting DQ 1 for mobile very soon according to this article http://www.touchtapplay.com/dragon-quest-to-launch-later-today-on-the-app-store/

Maybe one day I will break down and buy an android.

• Upvote 1

Wow.  $2.99!  Finally, a decent price.

• Upvote 1

Wow.  $2.99!  Finally, a decent price.

Tell me about it!  I may actually be able to get my hands on this one!

I'll be getting this on my tablet and phone, will let you guys know if phone runs OK.

I am justing waiting for it to be released on Android,todays release only applies to Apple IOS devices.

ITS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

Erdrick! Scion of the bloodline of Erdrick,

EDIT2:

iPad version sucks. The control pad moves closer and closer to the center of the screen in every release we get. Going to download on my phone.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

So did Square Enix make an official statement of its release or was it just a bunch of news sites saying they discovered it on the New Zealand iTunes store?

SE said a couple weeks ago that they'd be bringing it here in the beginning of September.

So did Square Enix make an official statement of its release or was it just a bunch of news sites saying they discovered it on the New Zealand iTunes store?

News sites.  

SE said a couple weeks ago that they'd be bringing it here in the beginning of September.

They never actually gave us an official statement of which specific date it was coming out. 

Edited by sounderfan84

Also, apparently dying crashes the game.

Also, apparently dying crashes the game.

ios or android?

edit

wow it is a bit buggy.  crashed twice on me while still in the castle.  I hope SE fixes that quickly

Edited by sounderfan84

I hope SE fixes that quickly

Haha, you're funny.

I hope SE fixes that quickly

Im serious i cant play it with out it crashing

Haha, you're funny.

I'm serious i currently unable to play it from the crashing

Edited by sounderfan84

Oh, you're a new-ish member. Are you new to the series? In the past, us western fans have recieved terrible treatment from SE. I'd be surprised if they released a patch for a DQ game in the west that didn't involve changing the name from "Dargon Quest" to "Dragon Quest".

Hell, DQ8 iOS still has at least one line of Japanese text left in it. It's minor, and I know what it's saying just from context, but it's still poor treatment that they can't even bother to translate ONE LINE OF TEXT to release an update. (They don't even need to translate it! They can just pull the line from the PS2 version!)

Big name publishers rarely make updates. Look at how long it's been since EA has made updates to any of their apps (that don't get regular content updates like The Sims or The Simpsons).

The Simspsons

Now you're just trying to up your post count. What does that even mean?

You said The Sims or the Simpsons. So I combined the two. And no, I wasn't trying to up my post count. But thanks for reminding me to do so!

It's practically impossible to notice when The Sims and The Simpsons are merged together.

Also, you'll never catch up to me. I've got 100 some odd posts on you. Ah. I remember the good ole days when you were congratulating me for my 1,000 post. Boy, times have changed.

Let's move this post war somewhere else as to not clutter the announcements forum.

Oh, you're a new-ish member. Are you new to the series? In the past, us western fans have recieved terrible treatment from SE. I'd be surprised if they released a patch for a DQ game in the west that didn't involve changing the name from "Dargon Quest" to "Dragon Quest".

Hell, DQ8 iOS still has at least one line of Japanese text left in it. It's minor, and I know what it's saying just from context, but it's still poor treatment that they can't even bother to translate ONE LINE OF TEXT to release an update. (They don't even need to translate it! They can just pull the line from the PS2 version!)

Im not new to the series just to the forums.