Sign in to follow this  
TheCriticalHit

DQ 1 Mobile

Slightly off-topic but I want to know why they use New Zealand as a testing ground for mobile releases.

America uses apes and rats in labs for testing. New Zealand uses hobbits.

• Upvote 1

Good, but...

I JUST BOUGHT DQ3!

It's like I'm destined to be in the middle of every dragon quest game at once.

What?! Japanese version? DQ3 is the one I'm waiting most for. Please tell me they left the medal system intact!

Also, can anyone confirm which DQ1 version we're getting on mobile?

I kind of wonder if mobile games can be played on computer or if it's even possible, this does look good.

You can play all of the recent mobile games on PC using a program called BlueStacks.  I have it running and have tested DQ8 and DQ4.  Both work fine.  The best part is, you can use this method to support DQ because BlueStacks connects to the Google Play Store and allows you to make purchases with your account.  Even people without a mobile device can access and enjoy DQ Mobile games!

I had problems trying to connect it to my google play account.  Do you have to have a member subscription to google play to use it with blue stacks?  I know this sounds dumb, sorry.

I was wanting to download Inotia 3 actually.

Edited by Madrigal

Yeah, when I start bluestacks, it asks me for my Google Account info right off the bat:

AppSynch_Request.png

Once you are signed in with your Google Account, you can access the store and purchase such great games as:

RecentlyPlayed.png

When I try to access the free games such as Inotia 3, they give me a hard time.

Hmm, weird.  Works fine for me:

Inotia3.png

Inotia3_Played.png

Make sure you are searching for the app in the Google Play store.  There is also an Amazon App store and others that could be causing issues.

In any case, this is getting a bit off topic, so to pull it back, I am so pumped to get this DQ1 on Android tomorrow morning.  I love that they returned to "Erdrick" and ye olde English or whatever it's called.

Ok I'll give it a try again thanks!

Thanks for letting me know about BlueStacks! I've only go so much space on my phone and using BlueStacks will be easier to get stuff like screen shots and movies.

• Upvote 1

Never knew there was a program where you can play your apps on the computer.  Interesting

I didn't know it either, that sounds really great. Now I might purchase the DQ games.

Never knew there was a program where you can play your apps on the computer.  Interesting

I didn't know it either, that sounds really great. Now I might purchase the DQ games.

I'm going to test it on a free game before I spend any money and make sure it works.

I am so pumped to get this DQ1 on Android tomorrow morning.  I love that they returned to "Erdrick" and ye olde English or whatever it's called.

So were getting it tomorrow morning, not today?

Edited by muddy120

It's pretty great if you have a windows 8 laptop with a touchscreen. You can move the window to one side and play using your hand, and you have the whole rest of the screen to use with the mouse.

I am so pumped to get this DQ1 on Android tomorrow morning. I love that they returned to "Erdrick" and ye olde English or whatever it's called.

So were getting it tomorrow morning, not today?
It should be out late tonight. But maybe it's past KZ's bedtime :P Edited by Excitemike

Are we gonna have another purchasing contest and Light Speed Champion contest, cause I think we totally should.

DQ4 runs a tad slow in certain spots of Bluestacks, but it may be my computer. That said, I'm sure DQ1 will fine.

Are we gonna have another purchasing contest and Light Speed Champion contest, cause I think we totally should.

I agree. If it was released on the weekend I could probably power through the game in less than a day.

DQ4 runs a tad slow in certain spots of Bluestacks, but it may be my computer. That said, I'm sure DQ1 will fine.

I had the same problem, I think it's an emulation problem.

Good, but...

I JUST BOUGHT DQ3!

It's like I'm destined to be in the middle of every dragon quest game at once.

What?! Japanese version? DQ3 is the one I'm waiting most for. Please tell me they left the medal system intact!

Also, can anyone confirm which DQ1 version we're getting on mobile?

No, I bought DW3 on the game boy color last night.

I forgot to mention how ironic it is that I was looking for dq1s release last night, too.

For those who wanted to see the NZ page here it is https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dragon-quest-i/id911201894?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4. It's also out for the Australia app store as well, but still not on the Play Store yet :(

At least they didn't typo the name and called it dargon Quest like they did with IV.  If i can remember correctly  DQ IV was out on google play at the same time as US iTunes store.

Edited by sounderfan84

For those who wanted to see the NZ page here it is https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dragon-quest-i/id911201894?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4. It's also out for the Australia app store as well, but still not on the Play Store yet :(

Woah this looks rlly good/different, like an entirely diff remake? Def not the SNES version

It's based on a Japan only mobile port.

Of course my phone isn't compatible.