I've been posting around the forums, but I don't think I ever officially introduced myself.  I'm Casey, or "Space Case".  I joined because I needed someplace to vent about Dragon Quest other than Tumblr; I recently left that website (finally) because it was, well, Tumblr.  I'm really into the games (no, really?) and, while I can't recite alchemy recipes off the top of my head, I like to think I've got something valuable to add to this community.  I draw a little, write a little, and I'm really into challenge runs (it's gotten to the point where I can only play Pokemon if I'm doing a Nuzlocke).  Nothing super special, but hey.

I'm also transgender (female-to-male) and, while I won't tell you to go kill yourself like my Tumblr-dwelling kin, I am willing to educate anyone who needs it.  Again, I'm not exactly an expert, but I know what being trans feels like for me, and I'm not going to try to speak for the whole community.  For a more direct explanation, here's a clip from my "about me" page:

Before you ask, yes.  I am a transgender man (FTM, or female-to-male).  No, I don't go on Tumblr.  I got so sick of those jerks and their warped ideas of social justice, so before you write me off as a "Tumblr girl," I'm a) not on Tumblr, and b) not a girl.

So, yeah.  That's me.  I'm excited to be here, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

--Space Case

(edited for clarity)

Edited by Space Case
  • Upvote 1

Hallo! I'm gay, so I can understand a bit of your gender-stuff. 

Welcome to the place of pessimism. 

Welcome! Though game loving isn't necessarily a requirement, a love for the series is. We all contribute in our own ways. I hope you find your niche and are able to branch out.

Welcome to the Den!

No, I don't go on Tumblr.  I got so sick of those jerks and their warped ideas of social justice, so before you write me off as a "Tumblr girl," I'm a) not on Tumblr

yeah-fuck-yeah3.gif

Welcome! Always nice to see different kinds of people on the Den. And anyone who hates Tumblr is okay in my book.

Hallo! I'm gay, so I can understand a bit of your gender-stuff.

Welcome to the place of pessimism.

Just because I speak the truth about DQX never coming here doesn't bring the whole place down, does it?

Welcome to the Den! While we don't love everyone here, basically we save our scorn for those people who act online like the Tumblr people you mentioned. Oh, and Square Enix.

Enjoy our antics and welcome to our own little slice of the Internet!

Ahahaha, no sweat man, I think it's good you're open about who and what you are, and how you see yourself.  I'll just call you Space.  In the end, life is a myriad of colours, and there are many we don't normally see in between the more obvious blues, reds, yellows, and greens.  You're still a colour and still a person as a result.

Anyway, the only thing that matters is if you're comfortable in yourself and don't feel a need to strike out at others for internal problems.  LOL, even with all the craziness here, there's a bit of room for understanding, lol.

So an official welcome to the Den, Space Case.  Our little slice of hell heaven, in this free-for-all we know as...West World, the internet.

I bite

I bite

All he does is eat malt balls.

I bite

HEY! I also feast upon innards and crunchy panties.

I bite

HEY! I also feast upon innards and crunchy panties.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Welcom to the Den :)

Welcome Space Case! Glad you joined this place.

Welcome to the Den!

Welcome to the den !

I hope you'll stay here for a while !

I think I will.  You guys seem like a pretty okay bunch.  :)

Well...this is awkward.

That's me.  Well, a second account I made a few months ago.  I know you're not supposed to have multiple accounts, but I was going through some gender stuff, and I didn't know how you folks here would react to a gender/username change.  It was much easier to start over completely than change my entire online image.

However, I realized as of late that I am not, in fact, transgender.  It wasn't not being a girl that I disliked, it was all the issues that come along with being a girl, especially in the gaming community.  I don't like dealing with creepy guys hitting on me, being denounced as a "fake geek girl", etc.  Being a guy seemed like an easy option, but not the best one for me in the long run.  I don't need to be a boy to be happy; I can find happiness in other ways: in games, friends, and (hopefully) this community right here.

Therefore, I would like to request deletion of my Space Case account.  I'm done hiding behind a male persona now; this is me.

I was going through some gender stuff, and I didn't know how you folks here would react to a gender/username change.  

Hey, a human. Hi.

Good for you! Some people can be total $#!&$#!s to women geeks. And most of us wouldn't honestly have cared. I believe there are at least one or two transgender folks here and no one has ever raised a stink about it. But welcome back anyways! :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

I don't care at all what your gender, gender orientation, or sexual preference is. I don't understand why anybody would/does. Glad to have you back, though!

• Upvote 1

Well...this is awkward.

That's me.  Well, a second account I made a few months ago.  I know you're not supposed to have multiple accounts, but I was going through some gender stuff, and I didn't know how you folks here would react to a gender/username change.  It was much easier to start over completely than change my entire online image.

However, I realized as of late that I am not, in fact, transgender.  It wasn't not being a girl that I disliked, it was all the issues that come along with being a girl, especially in the gaming community.  I don't like dealing with creepy guys hitting on me, being denounced as a "fake geek girl", etc.  Being a guy seemed like an easy option, but not the best one for me in the long run.  I don't need to be a boy to be happy; I can find happiness in other ways: in games, friends, and (hopefully) this community right here.

Therefore, I would like to request deletion of my Space Case account.  I'm done hiding behind a male persona now; this is me.

And...yeah.  I'm more trans than initially expected.  So, instead of copying and pasting all my details into my cannockprincess account, I may as well just revive this one.  Not gonna go into super detail on all the existential stuff that led to this (basically, all that stuff up there was deep, deep, denial), but just so y'all know.  Sorry for all the back-and-forth.