Sign in to follow this  
Space Case

Facebook group?

I know we have a Facebook page, but a Dragon's Den Facebook group would be pretty cool.  FB groups are more interactive than pages, and are meant more for socializing than advertising.  It would be good for getting to know Den members better, and chatting outside the forum.

• Upvote 2

I like this idea, it would be another way to keep people abridged of key posts/threads and major ongoings in the Den for when they don't have time to be here, and it would be a nice backchannel to get more likes for the Operation Hero page, since let's face it, the name is buried deep, very deep, in Google searches for now, sicne it's not that popular yet.  It can be and probably will be, but that would require more page activity especially independent page activity.

Also would be easier to get greater FB participation for DQ fans I think, and through that backchannel more traffic to this site, as it has potential for more new accounts.

I believe there is a DQ-based Facebook group called Dragon Questers.

It would have to be very clear what the group would be for.

If it would be an extension of this site, or if it would be an extension of this site meant to get more people in, or if it would be a general Dragon Quest group.

As for the first option, I would say I would rather socialize in here than on a Facebook group. It is easier to search for posts, no matter how old they are. And Facebook being Facebook, it is likely there would be more stupidity there.

About the third option, Democrobot already mentioned there are other DQ groups there. If we wanted to, we could simply join one of those.

But the second option has its merits. We could show FB people that there is an alternative for DQ fans here. And we could also help recognition of Den-and-affiliates-related campaigns.