Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

Dragon Quest IV Android - Music file(s)?

So I have a rooted tablet, meaning I can root around in the bare files for DQ4. I want to find the music.

Only thing I've found so far is basic data files and unity shaders (( So they used Unity to port DQ4. )).

Any hints, etc? If I can find 'em, I can send 'em to someone who can rip 'em.

• Upvote 1

So I have a rooted tablet, meaning I can root around in the bare files for DQ4. I want to find the music.

Only thing I've found so far is basic data files and unity shaders (( So they used Unity to port DQ4. )).

Any hints, etc? If I can find 'em, I can send 'em to someone who can rip 'em.

That explains why DQ4 was less than 200megs

The soundtrack should be the same as the iOS version, which has already been ripped. They were .akb files on iOS though.

Erdrick is correct, it was already ripped and you can find it here.  It will be added to the Den at some point as well I am sure.

If you're that desperate for the sountrack, it's probably the latest Symphonic Suite recording. Dark green landscape cover.

Erdrick is correct, it was already ripped and you can find it here.  It will be added to the Den at some point as well I am sure.

Oops, better get on that :)

It's not the symphonic suite. It's synthesized, but streamed. (It sounds like it uses the same midi samples as the DS version, but at a higher sample rate. The compositions themselves have mostly been modified a bit. A lot of tracks have an intro now.)

Yah, it's why I wanted a rip.

Yah, it's why I wanted a rip.

And did you see the one linked above?

Yep. Didn't know that someone did it.

Sign in to follow this