Between OpHero, my 2 pages, a posting at GameFAQs, Twitter, Saigan's video, my personally alerting veteran0121 and having him leave a comment, the Den post, my email to jessicaalbert13, the notification at Roto's Dragon Questers FB group, etc, I'm not surprised.

We need to keep the pressure going.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decent video.  Another avenue to beg for Square Enix to give us something. I'm really hating this trend of having to beg for games.  But hey, if it works...

They may not read them but they should still see the traffic. Look at the number of comments compared to any other blog post.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/message-dragon-quest-creator-yuji-horii     Its paying off!

I didn't realize someone else watched vet0121.  He's quite the DQ fan.  Anyway, we're really making some progress.  Square Enix has just commented on localizing DQX in the west.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/04/square-enix-love-bring-dragon-quest-x-west/

thanks for the information!

I left a message in the blog saying what I like about DQ games and that if we get the downloadable game option a lot of people in South America or other places will be able to buy it more easily.

Did you send it to SE support via email, or was it a ticket via one of the Dragon Quest games on the support site?

I just emailed the address without a ticket, it bounced on the firewall (about 4 times, I got a lot of "connection lost retrying" emails)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

[email protected]

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

and finally it said "it couldn't be delievered"

Edited by wiregu

I didn't realize someone else watched vet0121. He's quite the DQ fan. Anyway, we're really making some progress. Square Enix has just commented on localizing DQX in the west.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/04/square-enix-love-bring-dragon-quest-x-west/

And other comments say they're not bringing DQX here. Period.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/05/dragon-quest-xi-likely-to-see-north-american-release-x-not-coming-westward/102709/

I didn't realize someone else watched vet0121. He's quite the DQ fan. Anyway, we're really making some progress. Square Enix has just commented on localizing DQX in the west.

And other comments say they're not bringing DQX here. Period.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/05/dragon-quest-xi-likely-to-see-north-american-release-x-not-coming-westward/102709/

wait what, the siliconera one sounds like it could happen, I want to believe

Edited by wiregu

Well, to be clear, you have some people saying they'd like to. And others saying they won't. It's like me saying I'd like to get a Wii-U and an 80" TV and my wife saying we won't do that. Guess how that's going to end. Haha.

wiregu, thanks mate, I'll have to track down another email address then.  I swear, as hard as Nintendo is to communicate with, and find addresses/email addresses for, SE is THE hardest company to track down ANY contact info of any kind.  It's like they only want info from certain channels.  Even SE Japan is frustratingly hard to find emails to.  I'll have to put a marker in my databank post indicating problems with it, and test out an email next time I'm able to use a computer that can actually run my email accounts.

Well, to be clear, you have some people saying they'd like to. And others saying they won't. It's like me saying I'd like to get a Wii-U and an 80" TV and my wife saying we won't do that. Guess how that's going to end. Haha.

that actually makes sense but you have to admit you'd still wish for the 80"TV all the way until the end  ;)

wiregu, thanks mate, I'll have to track down another email address then.  I swear, as hard as Nintendo is to communicate with, and find addresses/email addresses for, SE is THE hardest company to track down ANY contact info of any kind.  It's like they only want info from certain channels.  Even SE Japan is frustratingly hard to find emails to.  I'll have to put a marker in my databank post indicating problems with it, and test out an email next time I'm able to use a computer that can actually run my email accounts.

Maybe with a ticket they receive the email without the firewall blocking it, but since it would be "faking" that you need help support with another game they might just disregard it. I guess for now it's either the blog post or very formal e-mails to that other email you found. 
The blog is probably the way to go since the number of comments and everything is public and easily quotable for news blogs reporting on it and stuff like that. There is people double posting but that usually means that their letter was huge, so w/e  :P

Edited by wiregu

*offers Tylenol*

• Upvote 1

Indeed, 75 threads of everyone else's posts = one of my usual.  A man can only expected to handle so much, especially after putting away kids, keepin' his wife happy, and dealing with his "other" kids homework turn-ins...platty has to play games and sleep sometime.  Imagine a world where poor Platty is unable to game at all, due to being forced to read through my mind maze word buckets!  What about sleep!

"Bleary eyes and no play makes Platty a dull slime"

Then what would I try to slam with this giant hammer in a vain attempt at gaining post exp?

• Upvote 1

I hope the comments and discussion that goes on that site contributes to JP Square Enix releasing DQ VII here.

There are tons of games that really do need to be released such as Torneko adventures and Battle Road Victory.

I'm just gonna say it flat-out: no way in hell are they localizing games from long-dead systems like any Torneko game (the last one was on the PS2, right?) or Battle Road Victory (there are no more Wii game currently under production except for one last Skylanders game, and even the Wii version comes with a voucher for the Wii U version).

I'm pretty depressed Square Enix just flat out said "No!" to DQ X like that, Project COE video might actually be coming to fruition, but again if that article is correct then it sounds like XI will get released which raises the question that, there finally thinking about releasing games physically between now and 2016, just my hopeful logic again lol

Edited by muddy120

Well Eal we can all dream right lol... I will have to wait for a fan translation of the game I guess if there isn't already one.

Dragon Quest X looks fun, but the whole MMO experience I really must say doesn't appeal to me much for the DQ series.  So I think I will live if I never get to play it.

Well Eal we can all dream right lol... I will have to wait for a fan translation of the game I guess if there isn't already one.

Dragon Quest X looks fun, but the whole MMO experience I really must say doesn't appeal to me much for the DQ series. So I think I will live if I never get to play it.

Your life will never be complete if you can't say "I finished all the main series of Dragon Quest".

And really the only game that can Still be localized is DQ VII all the other ones, even DQM2 for 3DS is already past.

Edited by diogoow

Dragon Quest X looks fun, but the whole MMO experience I really must say doesn't appeal to me much for the DQ series. So I think I will live if I never get to play it.

Your life will never be complete if you can't say "I finished all the main series of Dragon Quest".

And really the only game that can Still be localized is DQ VII all the other ones, even DQM2 for 3DS is already past.

That makes no sense at all.

The 3DS is still alive, kicking, and Terry's Wonderland and the DQM2 remake are both on the it, just like DQVII.  Given they've already announced the Rocket Slime games, when (if for most of us now) they announce DQVII 3DS, I would say that leaves ample room to release these two games.

Let's not forget Final Fantasy Zero and Agito ;).  Look at how old those two are before finally releasing?  What about Tales of Graces which was almost 3 years out when it finally saw a US release?  Even XBC was 2 years out with the US release, NoA held back so long.  Pandora's Tower was 2 years out by the time it reached NA as well, and was released well after the Wii was no longer supported directly by Nintendo.  Ni No Kuni was 2 years from it's initial release on the DS before we saw word of a US release...PS3 only, but still took awhile.

So why is there now a "window" of opportunity that is killed permanently when the system it's on is still alive and well, and given the N3DS, likely to be alive and well for a long time from now?

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

The 3DS is still alive, kicking, and Terry's Wonderland and the DQM2 remake are both on the it, just like DQVII.  Given they've already announced the Rocket Slime games, when (if for most of us now) they announce DQVII 3DS, I would say that leaves ample room to release these two games.

So why is there now a "window" of opportunity that is killed permanently when the system it's on is still alive and well, and given the N3DS, likely to be alive and well for a long time from now?

Basically, they need the original programmers to insert the English text into the game. The longer a game has been out for, the more likely that those programmers are involved in other projects. It's not impossible, but as time goes on it becomes more unlikely. 

Let's not forget Final Fantasy Zero and Agito ;).  Look at how old those two are before finally releasing?  What about Tales of Graces which was almost 3 years out when it finally saw a US release?  Even XBC was 2 years out with the US release, NoA held back so long.  Pandora's Tower was 2 years out by the time it reached NA as well, and was released well after the Wii was no longer supported directly by Nintendo.  Ni No Kuni was 2 years from it's initial release on the DS before we saw word of a US release...PS3 only, but still took awhile.

When did Rocket Slime get announced??? OMG YAY.

Still does not excuse them dropping DQX.

Indeed, 75 threads of everyone else's posts = one of my usual. A man can only expected to handle so much, especially after putting away kids, keepin' his wife happy, and dealing with his "other" kids homework turn-ins...platty has to play games and sleep sometime. Imagine a world where poor Platty is unable to game at all, due to being forced to read through my mind maze word buckets! What about sleep!

"Bleary eyes and no play makes Platty a dull slime"

Then what would I try to slam with this giant hammer in a vain attempt at gaining post exp?

Love this! Haha

When did Rocket Slime get announced??? OMG YAY.

It hasn't been announced, they are probably referring to this: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/square-enix-will-consider-localizing-dragon-quest-rocket-slime-games/

I'd be so excited to play a translated Slime Mori Mori 1 & 3!