• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decent video.  Another avenue to beg for Square Enix to give us something. I'm really hating this trend of having to beg for games.  But hey, if it works...

They may not read them but they should still see the traffic. Look at the number of comments compared to any other blog post.

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/message-dragon-quest-creator-yuji-horii     Its paying off!

It's a nice little ad.

As an artist and designer, SEI, those subtitles. Come on! You know better than that!

Hey, it's something, I posted...

Cool! I'll have to watch that video when I get home though, as I'm on cellular data right now.

I'll admit I posted there.

I prefer DQ on mobile more than 3DS (( More of an audience )) but hey, a release is a release.

Decent video.  Another avenue to beg for Square Enix to give us something.

I'm really hating this trend of having to beg for games.  But hey, if it works...

It got to the point with me I didn't beg anymore. I'd just leave a comment on their FB like "Man, I really want to try FF14, but since there's no DQ, I can't give you any of my money."

• Upvote 1

It's funny, I remember suggesting something like this a few months ago (trying to contact Yuji Horii in some direct way). Looks the window of opportunity has slowly opening wider and wider. Let's hope it keeps up and leads to something good!

I'll post for sure if I know he'll see it.  Yuji Horii is one of my biggest role models.  I love that guy.  We really should try to get the Den to contact him directly some time.  Maybe Woodus or someone can help us out?

Hey, I see the comments section, but there's no place to add a comment! What's up with that? Do I need to be logged in first? Can I not leave a comment as a guest?

Yeah, you gotta log in.  Just make an account, its worth it.

Welp, I posted, and poured my heart out. Not having any high hopes, but best to try!

It was really nice seeing that Macstorm decided to chime in.  Given recent developments since DQVI's release, RPGamer has ignored, of ALL RPG releases, small, large, and indie, ONLY Dragon Quest 7.  Literally, ONLY Dragon Quest 7.  Heck, up until a recent review of the Japanese version on the 3DS, there was nothing for the game anywhere on the site...anywhere.  I thought he was a lost cause, but it's really nice to see he's still a fan of the series.

MAN I really need to rant here. I am very excited that Yuji Horii is talking to us Western fans but I am getting really sick of all these people saying "We hate mobile games. Don't bring the games on mobile put them on consoles and handhelds only!" Why can't people just ask for it on ALL systems and releases. I have been playing Dragon Quest IV on my phone and it has literally changed my life despite beating this game a couple of times already on DS and NES. I try to take daily walks outside for an hour and the way the phone ports are designed are just perfect for playing with one hand, it makes the time pass and encourages me to push my body further. When Square Enix just sees a bunch of entitled gamers complaining about mobile releases, it will make them not want to put anything out. If we show our support for mobile releases but also push that we want to see consoles and handhelds, it can make a good difference. Also if the series does well on phones it will show SquareEnix the series is alive internationally and they will want to put it onto more consoles! Heck look at the Chaos Rings series on iOS it is now coming to Vita despite being a mobile-only game!

• Upvote 1

I tried sending a mail to square support abour DQ (like some news site recommended), and my message was firewalled or something since I got a couple retries saying "could not send the message".

http://operationrainfall.com/2014/09/03/square-enix-cries-dragon-quest-vii/

^ Here it says that one person from Squenix staff got a japanese letter from a fan in france, did the guy send a physical letter to some japanese address?

Idk how are we supposed to ask for dq but the blog linked in the OP might be a good place

Edited by wiregu

I tried sending a mail to square support abour DQ (like some news site recommended), and my message was firewalled or something since I got a couple retries saying "could not send the message".

http://operationrainfall.com/2014/09/03/square-enix-cries-dragon-quest-vii/

^ Here it says that one person from Squenix staff got a japanese letter from a fan in france, did the guy send a physical letter to some japanese address?

Idk how are we supposed to ask for dq but the blog linked in the OP might be a good place

From my databank post concept idea just below!

Physical Address Databank

1) Square-Enix NA (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

Square Enix, Inc.

999 N. Sepulveda Blvd., 3rd Floor

El Segundo, CA 90245.

2) Square Enix EU (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road,

London SW19 3RU, U.K.

or (found 2 addresses)

2nd Floor, Castle House, 37-45 Paul Street,

London EC2A 4LS, U.K.

3) Square Enix JP (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

Shinjuku Bunka Quint Bldg. 3-22-7 Yoyogi,

Shibuya-ku,Tokyo 151-8544, Japan

Email Address Databank

1) Square-Enix NA (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

philrogers@square-enix.com

na.support@square-enix.com

2) Square Enix EU (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

philrogers@square-enix.com

3) Square Enix JP (individual email accounts such as the CEO are acceptable)

https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/529/   <<-special, investor "inquiry" form, 512 characters, only way I can think of for a direct link to SE Holdings, the parent company

I haven't found any SE Japan email accounts of any kind.  Haven't searched yet for EU, but I suspect the support is the same email address, just switch na for eu.

Did you send it to SE support via email, or was it a ticket via one of the Dragon Quest games on the support site?

Edited by ignasia7

Posted a comment, though he probably won't see.

But hopefully some Marketing person/Community Manager is and manages to pass it along, in some form or another.

Comment may have been cheesy, but it comes from the heart, and yeah.

And damn, had to remember my password for here, been a while. XD

• Upvote 1

Oh, I'm sure they totally read them all....

They may not read them but they should still see the traffic. Look at the number of comments compared to any other blog post.

• Upvote 3

Try and spread this blog post to other internet game media outlets, the more we get word out there the better. This is the golden opportunity my friends.

I shared it with Siliconera.  Also if you're going to write something, don't be pissy about localizations.  This is Yuji Horii we're talking about, not some jerk Sqeenix executive.  We need to show some respect to the man.

Edited by Sackchief
  • Upvote 1