Yep, that's the typical response.  I'm going to send Operation Hero and start a new Letter bombing campaign to SE's offices with the template I already created.  Only this time I'm going with 2 templates.  One for DQ7, the other for DQ10.  Then I'm going to pan out two large personal letters, one being over DQ7, the other over DQ10.  Do a mass mail spam, and try and get a bunch of other people to do the same, especially through Operation Hero.  Gonna see about getting Operation Rainfall in on the first letter bomb, since it's more of a corporate oriented, "take our money", letter that's about 3 sentences long.

Thanks for trying ethanej, and keep it up man!  I think maybe it might be a good idea to create a single thread here where each post is ONLY allowed to be a personal letter, and we can link to those personal letters in tweets directly to SE and SE staff members, especially given SE is more open and available via the staffers.  Also of course to the CEO.

Yeah, I'm feeling really good for some reason...REALLY good.  Perhaps it's because my birthday is this Friday, but I'm ecstatic.

Even all other campaigns get those generic responses, but the more there are, the bigger the impact.  Nintendo's also willing to push Fantasy Life and Xenoblade Chronicles X.  Despite that Fantasy Life has no existing fanbase, and Japanese sales are on par with Bravely Default...not even DQ levels (see SE, they can make it happen and be happy with that level of sales figures...300k!).  While XBCX's fanbase is loyal and outspoken, but yet much smaller overall than DQ's.  So if they believe that it can do well, and numbers in the 200-400k range are really good and worth all the effort, wtf is up with Square-Enix's notion of reality.  Sure DQ7's script is larger, but all Takahashi games are MASSIVE by RPG standards period, and Fantasy Life is also pretty bloody large, on par with any Atlus title, and easily on part with Takahashi's text heavy games.  So c'mon SE, you've got somewhere between 2-3 million people who have played a Dragon Quest game at least once in their life, maybe 1.2-1.8 million that really liked the games, and new fans keep coming with every new release, further building the number of US and EU players that actually LIKE the series and would be willing to give another DQ a try.  How many of those own a 3DS?  Probably more than own a PS4, a WiiU, an Xbone, and a Vita combined!  They just have to believe in their own damn products...go back to the old days when it was about small teams, small projects.  Heck, by SE standards, Dragon Quest development teams ARE small.  VERY SMALL.  Tiny, miniscule.  Only slightly larger than old school SNES era Final Fantasy team levels...

Ok, less talk, more action.  I'm pumped.  Have to take care of a lot of stuff, but I'll be back and Woodus and Zenith, and Dwaine, if you guys are around, please comment on your notion in helping me start a chain letter topic for personal letters to tweet and link to.  I'm asking because I think it would work out better if one of you guys started it: Zenith is booked up the wazoo, so Woodus and Dwaine?  Or would you prefer I make it?  I'm only asking out of the spirit that some people, such as eal, are getting sick of DQ campaign related topics, and It would probably be more appealing if it were created by either of you two individuals.  However if you'd rather I do it, then at least point me in the forum you'd prefer I start it. 

I'd call it, Letter and Tweet campaign 2.  Write a letter, post it to the forum, then link the letter in a tweet to SE's various twitter handles, both for the company and for the employees I have up, and/or copy paste it to an email to send to PhilRogers, perhaps Nintendo, and to SE's various email outlets, and/or copy-paste it to a word processor and print it out, then mail it to one of the SE addresses, and perhaps a Nintendo address.

Anyway, Woodus, Dwaine, Zenith, let me know your thoughts on this.

• Upvote 1

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to say that I am indeed swamped at the moment, so I can't take this on.  Hopefully you get traction with someone else, but in any case, I am sure your own efforts would be "appealing" regardless.

Maybe I should just start another forum to store all this stuff in, or a group of forums? Maybe create a QuestForTheWest forum and dump all of this stuff into that, or a whole category with separate forums for each group of media push/info/etc

Actually, creating a whole forum category might be the best route.  For those who aren't interested in campaigning, it would provide no distractions.  For those who are, it would be easier to just check for campaign oriented stuff.  Like reposting news over blogs, letter campaigns.  That way if someone wanted to do a new letter campaign a week after I do mine, or whatever, they can post another topic there without worrying whether it will be considered spam.

Just to make sure I am right, so in the example below DW/DQ would be the category.  So there can be forums, forums/sub-forums in those

Dragon's Den Community_2014-09-18_13-41-27.png

So you want a Category, let's call it "Quest For the West" and then what subforums would you like below it?

How about just 3 for now.  Also thank you Woodus, thank you very much.  You've been a most helpful and ever ready ardent supporter of DQ, and I honestly can't thank you enough for keeping this site going when so many others have died down, or simply self-destructed.

General Campaign

Letters and Emails

Social Media: Twitter, etc.

OK, those are out there, if you want me to move any topics into those new forums just send me the topic URL

Sweet, thanks.  Also nothing...well, here's a question.  If a topic gets moved to another forum, does it alter the link?  I'm asking because I've linked to this topic quite often.

Another thing, Erdrick doesn't like the title of the Email and Letters  forum, so I guess I'll have to think of something more obvious.  Like "Email and Letter Campaigns" ?  I'll run stuff by him, see what he thinks.

No the topic should keep the same number i.e. urlurlurl?showtopic=30404 even if it gets moved :)

Oh, awesome, then please move this topic to the General Campaign forum and pin it there, and thank you ahead of time.

Edited by ignasia7

Doh, meant to do that the other day, got it now :)

Sorry, late to this party.  It might be a nice touch if we're snail-mailing that we include a personal touch, like a personalized drawing included with the letter.

Sorry, late to this party.  It might be a nice touch if we're snail-mailing that we include a personal touch, like a personalized drawing included with the letter.

Been thinking the same, one for EU and one for JP.

I was thinking, was there perhaps someone with good Japanese knowledge could help us with a simple letter to in wanting Dragon Quest outside of mobile ports for the Japanese letter? Perhaps at the end of the letter every one of us puts our own little touch to it (Your drawings of the series or perhaps a photo of your collection and love for the series)

Also for EU perhaps just sending a simple tweet to show your love for the series to the Community Manager for Japanese games Dan Seto, he seems like a good guy to talk to who seems to enjoy good solid feedback from the audience Twitter acc: https://twitter.com/dmseto 

Edited by Daft Slime

Which of the e-mails in the OP would be the best ones to e-mail? I don't want to end up sending to the wrong people.

Which of the e-mails in the OP would be the most benificial ones to e-mail? I don't want to send things to the wrong people.

I'd signed Operation Hero's petition a while ago, but only just sent out an email to Square Enix regarding localisations (though I covered all 5 of the 3DS titles, any of which I'd love to get ported over here). Thanks for the email links!

Now updated to reflect the new Dragon Quest Twitter, Facebook page, and Website.

• Upvote 1

Updated: I altered some of the names for SE employees, and pulled a few that no longer work there.  I also added the Global PR manager.

Edited by ignasia7