Upgraded Graphic Remake of IV, V, and VI?

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many of you think an upgraded version of these games to a console will happen with similar graphics that DQ VIII has?

These games would rule the series for sure!

• Upvote 1

V being my favourite DQ of all time, it's a no-brainer for me.

I liked V, then IV, then VI.  I like them all make no mistake.  There is so much potential for these games.  So much money the company could make.  They have cash cows.  Just take what they have and make it better (If that's possible, and I mean basically, just updating it in it's technical aspects.)

I'm gonna throw my lot in for VI, but I'd hope for more than just the graphics being enhanced. Still rubs me the wrong way that IV and V got a bunch of new stuff across their remakes while VI is mostly what it had been.

Mind, I guess that's not really in the spirit of the poll here :P VI does have some awesome monsters and areas that'd look great with an VIII-styled makeover.

I vote for V as well. Easily the best not only in the trilogy, but in the whole series!

Nothing better than blowing up Nimzo in 3D with full symphonic soundtrack.

I have to stay true to VIII, but I do love V as it is right behind VIII for me.  I know someone doing a similar project with V, that goes in and adds story line and then has post game material.  It's interesting.  I like the additions in the V DS version.

I'm gonna throw my lot in for VI, but I'd hope for more than just the graphics being enhanced. Still rubs me the wrong way that IV and V got a bunch of new stuff across their remakes while VI is mostly what it had been.

Mind, I guess that's not really in the spirit of the poll here :P VI does have some awesome monsters and areas that'd look great with an VIII-styled makeover.

You know what, I really need to go back and play through VI again, I liked how you meet yourself in the game and one of my favorite tunes was going into the church with the Organ fugue you hear while inside.  I actually have been trying to find the sheet music for it so I could learn how to play it on my piano.  I'm not an organist by any means lol.  Wished I would have studied organ a semester.  An VIII- make over would make all three games that much better for sure.  Maybe someone could go into the game and see what other sub-plots could be added to embellish the game?

I vote for V as well. Easily the best not only in the trilogy, but in the whole series!

Nothing better than blowing up Nimzo

in 3D with full symphonic soundtrack.

I agree i reqly like V so it would be awsone to destroy both nimzo and ladja

Nothing better than blowing up Nimzo

in 3D with full symphonic soundtrack.

I agree i reqly like V so it would be awsone to destroy both nimzo and ladja

There is just something about V with the Heroe's suffering of loosing his father and being abducted into slavery as a child for years that sets the stage for grandness.  

V is my favorite, but Psaro's transformations in the DS impressed me a lot and I wish I could see them improved even further.

Psaro is a really interesting character, I thought DQ IV was relatively short and had room for more story development.  I even thought how they could link the Hero and the Heroine as brother and sister in the game and have them both start off at different points until they actually meet each other. Depending upon who the player chooses to play as, the other one could have their own dialogue as well.  So there is room to add another chapter to IV.

I wouldn't personally buy any of them, unless they added some serious content.  I'm more into the game play than graphics and sound.  I actually like the style used in the DS versions of IV and V. 

The DS versions were nice additions, but updates like the one I proposed would be even nicer.  Yes, I would want more content as well.  It wouldn't be that hard to add a little more story development in all three of them and perhaps add a couple side quests and dungeons.

V without a doubt.  It is one of the strongest entries in the series.  A graphical redo would shoot it up the ladder in my book.  It could be the best DQ ever.

V without a doubt.  It is one of the strongest entries in the series.  A graphical redo would shoot it up the ladder in my book.  It could be the best DQ ever.

Yes, if DQ V was done as nice as DQ VIII, it would easily rise as the best one out of the series.  I like the wealth of characters and monsters  that can be recruited.  I would love to see the characters actually go up and hit the monsters like in VIII; yes, let us not forget some good voice acting which DQ VIII did quite nicely I thought.  Each of these three games could easily have a dungeon or an extra cutscene added which would be really nice.

V without a doubt. It is one of the strongest entries in the series. A graphical redo would shoot it up the ladder in my book. It could be the best DQ ever.

They already did that. On the PS2.

They did, it actually looks better on the PS2, however if they did it like DQ VIII it would look much better.

• Upvote 1