Sign in to follow this  
MKVarana

よ����願�����

Hello everyone!

I'm MKVarana, and I'm new here.

I fell for the "IP removal" for DQX and ordered the "All-in-One" edition for my Japanesse Wii U, only to find out that it was put back up before it came in...

Well, my game is set to come in today, so hopefully you guys can help me get it running, and then hopefully become my allies!

よã‚ã—ããŠé¡˜ã„ã—ã¾ã™ï¼

MK

Edited by MKVarana

Welcome hope you have a plesent stay

Thanks for the welcome and advice!

My game came in and is installing updates as we speak (30 minutes remaining. A second install prompt came up with another 1:30+...I'll be lucky to play this thing by the end of the day...).

I'm pretty sure I have SoftEther setup and ready-to-go, too.  I had to get the download elsewhere, though, which I'll post over in that thread.

Edited by MKVarana

Welcome to the den, yo.

Hope you get setup and start having fun soon. Game looks great from what I've seen, especially now with a lot of the new stuff they've been introducing. That malarkey about the IP block coming back sure does stink, though.

Welcome! If you decide to try AWS, let me know and I can try to help you configure it to work with your Wii U.

Regardless, enjoy the game! We'll all be happy to help you.

Welcome! If you decide to try AWS, let me know and I can try to help you configure it to work with your Wii U.

That would be a great help, as SoftEther doesn't seem to like my Wii U so far...

Edit:  I have setup AWS as per your other thread.

Edited by MKVarana

For Softether you need to still either broadcast your VPN to the WiiU using something like mHotspot (That will only work if your PC is connected via ethernet and has a wifi card) or connecting an ethernet cable to your computer (You will need the USB ethernet connector for the Wii for that) and then bridging the connection.

For Softether you need to still either broadcast your VPN to the WiiU using something like mHotspot (That will only work if your PC is connected via ethernet and has a wifi card) or connecting an ethernet cable to your computer (You will need the USB ethernet connector for the Wii for that) and then bridging the connection.

Hmm...  I don't have a wifi card for my PC, and while I do have the ethernet adapter for the Wii/U, my PC only has one ethernet port in it...

Edit:  Found a WiFi dongle in my parts bin, so I'll give that a try.

Edit 2:  Doesn't look like it will work...

Edited by MKVarana

That would be a great help, as SoftEther doesn't seem to like my Wii U so far...

Edit:  I have setup AWS as per your other thread.

Basically you need a Wifi Dongle that can pretend to be a WiFi Access Point. You then have your Wii U connect to the Internet through it. I would imagine you would proxy the program that allows this functionality. I know Phanir has a Wifi Dongle that can be used in this method, he may be able to provide further input in regards to this. I haven't used one of them in a very long time.

What is the issue that you are having with the Wifi dongle? Are you using mHotspot?

In mHotspot, it pops up a message saying "Driver Problem fixed. Start the hotspot again!" when I click "Start Hotspot".

The dongle is a WiFiMAX, Model WL-685Z.

Connectify says that my WiFi adapter driver does not support AP mode.

On a separate note, I played the beta up until it required you to go online, but never took it online.  When starting the real game it mentions something about importing from the beta, I think.  Will my existing beta save be usable, or should I start over on the regular version?

Edited by MKVarana

In mHotspot, it pops up a message saying "Driver Problem fixed. Start the hotspot again!" when I click "Start Hotspot".

The dongle is a WiFiMAX, Model WL-685Z.

Connectify says that my WiFi adapter driver does not support AP mode.

On a separate note, I played the beta up until it required you to go online, but never took it online.  When starting the real game it mentions something about importing from the beta, I think.  Will my existing beta save be usable, or should I start over on the regular version?

Do you mean the beta or the starting solo story?

Your character from the solo story is transferred into Online Mode.

If you didn't finish the part where you choose your race in the Offline Mode, then it may be telling you to finish that. Your character should auto transfer into an Online Mode character, if memory serves.

As for the Wifi Dongle: You need a WiFi Dongle that supports Promiscuous Mode. I know this because it works the same way X-Link Kai works for online PSP Ad-Hoc (which I used to do a lot)

Check out the third method in this page: http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:how_to_tell_if_you_adapter_will_work_on_xlinkkai It includes using a Promiscuous Mode detection application when you dongle is plugged in. If it does not support it then you will need to get one that is supported.

I was referring to the Wii U beta version.  In that version, I got to the point where I chose my class, but never got it online.

My WiFi dongle does not have Promiscuous Mode...  It does, however, have the PSP Xlink Mode, if that is of any use.

I was referring to the Wii U beta version.  In that version, I got to the point where I chose my class, but never got it online.

My WiFi dongle does not have Promiscuous Mode...  It does, however, have the PSP Xlink Mode, if that is of any use.

Oh, I don't know anything about the Wii U beta version, sorry. Typically beta characters are deleted but since the game was already out when the Wii U beta version was in testing it may not be.

Hrm, is PSP Xlink Mode enabled? You may just need to use different drivers, but I'm not sure where to get those if so.

I had to hunt down different drivers than the ones Windows installed in order to get the PSP Xlink Mode option to show up, but yes, it is enabled.

I had to hunt down different drivers than the ones Windows installed in order to get the PSP Xlink Mode option to show up, but yes, it is enabled.

Have you tried using mHotspot since you grabbed those drivers?

If you have, then I would say try using a different program. I'm pretty sure PSP Xlink Mode is essentially the same for Promiscuous Mode in regards to what we want to do with it.

Also, apologies if you've tried anything I suggest before. Kinda just winging it at this point, since I have no experience with it.

Edited by Polantaris

Yep.  Both mHotspot and Connectify act exactly the same...

Also, apologies if you've tried anything I suggest before. Kinda just winging it at this point, since I have no experience with it.

Nothing to apologize for, your help is appreciated.

Yep.  Both mHotspot and Connectify act exactly the same...

Nothing to apologize for, your help is appreciated.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, unfortunately. You might want to try another adapter, but I'm not really sure what to suggest. Either that or use an Ethernet Adapter and route through your computer directly with a wire.

I think you might be able to keep the created character but you might have to beat offline again. Not sure though since you never connected.

Do you have Wifi that you can use the dongle on your computer to connect to the Internet? If so you connect to the Internet that way then connect your computer's ethernet cable to the WiiU and bridge that connection with the VPN.

That method might work.  I'm re-playing the offline part now, and as soon as it's done I'll try that.

I also ordered a wireless card for my PC, so if that doesn't work, then I should be able to at least do something in a few days.

Anything special I need to do after bridging the connections?  I can see it trying to establish a connection, but it ultimately fails to connect to the internet...

If the computer recognizes both connections then I don't recall anything else in particular that needed to be done. With no VPN connected can you bridge the Wifi to the WiiU's Ethernet?

I just recalled another way you can connect to the game. If you have a Smart Phone you can connect to the vpn (I can look up the guide on the Softether site if you can't find it yourself) and then create a mobile hotspot for your WiiU to connect to

I gave the smartphone VPN solution a try, but can't seem to get it to connect to the VPN at all...

My wireless card came in today, and I'm happy to say that I'm playing DQX right now!  o(^-^)o

Thanks again for the help!

At some point, I'd like to try to get AWS to work, but for now, I'm just happy to finally be able to play it.

Edited by MKVarana