PS4 Metal Slime Limited edition console

Hey guys:

Surprised there wasn't a topic about the Limited edition metal slime PS4 shown at the Sony press conference. The link below has the pics, but I can't resist a DQ themed console so I'll likely import it.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/9/1/6095275/dragon-quest-ps4-in-japan

There's been talk of it in the dozens of recent topics but no discussion devoted just to it. It's a nice looking console but I'll pass.

It seems like Sony must have more planned for Dragon Quest if they're making a limited edition console for it. Not just the one game.

There's been talk of it in the dozens of recent topics but no discussion devoted just to it. It's a nice looking console but I'll pass.

It seems like Sony must have more planned for Dragon Quest if they're making a limited edition console for it. Not just the one game.

Let's hope so.  I may have to buy it, if solely because it's Dragon Quest-related.  I'm devoted, what can I say?  Besides, the more support we show Square Enix, the likelier they are to localize more games!

If this EVER came over to the West, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I don't own a PS4 yet, and this one looks fairly nice :)

Plus its DQ related, added bonus!

Just import it guys.  Its region free and the voltage of Japan is the same as America.

I'm considering importing it. Has it been released yet? When does it come out?

Its coming out Spring 2015 in Japan. Chances of a western release are as likely as DQ VII coming West. PS4 is region free so can play in North America. I'm guessing the SE store will sell it as I don't want to deal with play-asia.

Not wanting do deal with Play-Asia doesn't mean SE will sell it on their store. (It doesn't mean they won't, the two statements are just not mutually inclusive.)

I am thinking of importing it myself. I would finally own a Sony system since the PS2.

I'm in the same boat. Technically the PSP came after the PS2, but technically I also didn't get my own PS2 until after I got my PSP so...

I'm surprised people are so willing to open their pockets on a $400 system plus import costs for a Dragon Quest-themed PS4. I mean, I love Dragon Quest too but not $400 worth.

What's wrong with Play-Asia?

I had a recent bad experience where I ordered a couple of games and took them almost 3 months to arrive. Had to ebay dispute them, as they promise it'll arrive in 3-4 weeks and not more. I thought they were initially lost as play-asia makes a BS excuse that they'll contact your local mail delivery when jn fact they can't unless the item had a tracking number. In the end, wasn't happy that the product took forever and if I ordered a console, wouldn't want it lost and get into a big argument with them again. Just Buyer Beware with them.

I've had a good experience with them, even if I don't like that it takes the same length of time for American published games to come in as it does Japanese ones but that's to be expected since they're based outside of the States. Either way, I like being able to find hard to get older game there so I find them useful.

But part of the reason I wouldn't want to put money on a big expensive console is because I would have the most intense fear for weeks that it wouldn't come in or it would be damaged in some way. If it breaks or I can't set it up, I don't believe you'll be able to get support for it either. Too much commitment for to big a gamble.

What's wrong with Play-Asia?

I had a recent bad experience where I ordered a couple of games and took them almost 3 months to arrive. Had to ebay dispute them, as they promise it'll arrive in 3-4 weeks and not more. I thought they were initially lost as play-asia makes a BS excuse that they'll contact your local mail delivery when jn fact they can't unless the item had a tracking number. In the end, wasn't happy that the product took forever and if I ordered a console, wouldn't want it lost and get into a big argument with them again. Just Buyer Beware with them.

If that was an item on back-order then they likely needed to wait for more to be produced or to be sold at a special show (common with say Volks figures). They really shouldn't be trying to sell anything they don't have immediately in stock though, but its a problem a lot of import places have. I ordered a soundtrack from cdjapan that said they'd get more in like 3 days. Didnt get it shipped til over a month after ordering but I knew that was a possibility

I'm surprised people are so willing to open their pockets on a $400 system plus import costs for a Dragon Quest-themed PS4. I mean, I love Dragon Quest too but not $400 worth.

Ditto. I wasn't planning on buying a PS4. This won't convince me.

If I'm gonna buy a PS4, I might as well pay a little extra for a cool one.

However, if you planning to anyway... I totally see your point as well.

I hope there will be a few DQ games for PS4 and 3. And Seeing Yuuji looking at the Metal Slime PS4 made be a bit sentimental. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bringing this topic back up since the console actually was released almost two weeks ago. Did anyone end up buying/importing it? I did... It's in the mail right now.  :whoa: I'm really excited. The XMB is the best.

preview_copyright-thumb-600x337-9312.jpg

It's gonna be hard waiting for February to use that Dragon Quest Heroes download code!!

Also... What's this talk about a special wall plug? If you're in America, it's the same thing. The problem is bringing some American electronics to Japan, because all the sockets there are 2 prong and we have a lot of things that are 3 prong. The PS4 will just have a two prong plug, which will fit in our sockets.  :thumbsup: The voltage difference isn't a problem for most electronics. I've only noticed it in like, hair dryers.

Edited by Michi