Slime Mori Mori 3 / Rocket Slime 2 / Pirate Slime might come

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01/square-enix-will-consider-localizing-dragon-quest-rocket-slime-games/

“You know, it’s funny, when we made Rocket Slime, we were targeting the game towards 8, 9, and 10-year-olds in Japan—but in the west, the average age of the person who bought Rocket Slime was 25! It seems like the grown-ups enjoyed the game and we were pleasantly surprised,†Fujimoto said to Siliconera.

“In Japan, we actually have a total of three titles in the Rocket Slime series. The western version was the second game. Compared to, say, a game like Dragon Quest VII, it’s less text to translate, so that’s not an impossible amount… so if [Rocket Slime 1] or [Rocket Slime 2] might be a great candidate…?â€

What do you guys think? 

Edited by Awesomeinblue

Please release it.  Rocketslime was such a gem of a game.  I would buy the heck out of Rocketslime 2.

Great!

Anyway, I second Sackchief on this notion.

Now all we need is a "Square Enix will consider localizing Dragon Quest Monsters titles for 3DS" and it'll be the English DQ fanbase's greatest day.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • Upvote 3

Great!

Now all we need is a "Square Enix will consider localizing Dragon Quest Monsters titles for 3DS" and it'll be the English DQ fanbase's greatest day.

...Then that would prove they were actually actively trolling us.

Not after DQMJ2. I'm incredibly naive, and pretty optimist, but even me know how unlikely this is.

Anyway, Rocket Slime was an incredibly fun game (and as a Slime fan, it is pretty much a Slime Heaven).

When I forst went to try Rocket Slime, I honestly didn't think I'd get into it. A DQ logo alone doesn't make a good game. Man, was I pleasantly surprised! That game should serve as a template for its own genre, especially the tank battles. You wouldn't need to have a slime in it to have it be a hella fun game!

We'll I personally think that a DQ logo alone does make a good game, but that's just me.

I played and beat the first Slime Mori Mori game in it's original Japanese text. Fun game, easy to understand and play.

Rocket Slime was of course a cool game!

Would love to have Slime Mori Mori 3 come out over here! I'd pre-order it as I did Rocket Slime.

• Upvote 1

I hope it comes to mobile.

• Upvote 1

I'd just like to see them pop Slime 1 on Mobile.

• Upvote 1

I'd like that too! (Slime would NEED controller support though. It would not play well on the touch screen.)

That would be nice. Quicker localization and gives Plus Alpha a chance to shine again. If they bring it over, they better market it well this time! From the product manager's mouth, SEI focused on web and Nintendo Power. Rocket Slime wound up on far too many "overlooked gems" lists because of it.

• Upvote 1

Great!

...Then that would prove they were actually actively trolling us.

Not after DQMJ2. I'm incredibly naive, and pretty optimist, but even me know how unlikely this is.

We can always dream, though. I've only said this because I don't wanna be stuck with vanilla!DQMJ2 forever, but if you think it's impossible because sales of DQMJ2 were ungodly abysmal, more power to your opinion. But! "Never tell me the odds," as Han Solo once said.

Anyway! I'll only buy this because I wanna put Slival on my ship (that won't happen until post-game (I think), so I have to find a replacement). Plus, I enjoyed Rocket Slime somewhat, and hoping Rocket Slime 3D can be better.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I'd prefer a main series game, but I would take side series Dragon Quest games as well, assuming they are on the 3DS (virtual console or not). Wouldn't for mobile only because my lack of a smart phone/tablet (and lack of wanting one). My father didn't care for Rocket Slime, so I couldn't even buy it for him. Well, I could but he wouldn't play it.

I would love to see this game localized (on 3DS or mobile, couldn't care less which).  I loved Rocket Slime and the original Slime Morimori DQ.  My son has also played both, so we would be 2x day-one purchases for our household.

Yeah that would be 3x for us as well, I can't count how many times my kids have reset their Rocket Slime carts to play thru it again.

When I forst went to try Rocket Slime, I honestly didn't think I'd get into it. A DQ logo alone doesn't make a good game. Man, was I pleasantly surprised! That game should serve as a template for its own genre, especially the tank battles. You wouldn't need to have a slime in it to have it be a hella fun game!

Yeah, this isn't really my kind of game usually, but it was incredibly funs and addictive.

I wouldn't mind it.