• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First up, I really appreciate Fujimoto for giving the interviewer, and us in return, a real response. None of this PR tripe that they've been spouting for the past couple of years. Would anyone like t

Every time I hear that Joker 2 bombed I make an "eh" face. They had some very nice convention coverage and material. Plus I helped out with the campaign, so I guess I didn't do my job properly...  

Also, just to add, as much as I hate to say it, it is...for once...sound reasoning on Square Enix's part. They've dug multiple money pits for plenty of games, but none of them had localizations that c

Dragon Quest games don't have difficulty settings in the first place. An RPG is only as difficult or as easy as you make it. And besides, as if Square Enix would bother adding difficulty settings, which would require making large tweaks to the entire game, just for North American gamers.

@Eal - I know Dragon Quest games don't have difficulty settings, but there are other RPGs that do.  I don't think the Japanese audience would not appreciate another challenge level of the game with slightly more content.  Instead of tweaking an existing game, they could start adding that to some of their newer games.  Eternal Sonata was a game with such a feature with more content that was really cool.

Democrobot and King Zenith run the contests for the most part, but I don't see any issues with doing that if they want to run it.

Hey, I feel you on that one. I still have so much work on my faqs. Well, if KiTa has posted there, he's usually pretty mellow and easy going until something ticks him off, so that might gain some traction.

Second I have the opportunity to use a normal computer, which might be tomorrow, I'll take the opportunity to figure out my twitter password and tweet him a few, see if I get a response in a short period of time...given Twitter, it's possible. I also told redneck I'm going to send a youtube message to HCBailly on top of one he already sent sometime today. Double down on that if he doesn't get a response out.

I thought perhaps I should see about contacting Nightwing and AlphaOmegaSin. They have varied tastes, and have mentioned DRagon Quest before, so there's a chance they might bite and get in on the campaign, especially AOS. Though he can be a firebrand sometimes, he does know how to be respectful when it's necessary, so I think that's a solid angle to explore for more chatter.

Also, tomorrow I'm going to post a query to Democrobot, King Zenith, and Woodus about starting a contest to do what myself, redneckpride, awesomeinblue, and a few others were getting into: making fan-made ads for DQ7. I'm going to see about getting Operation Hero involved as well as make a post and a link on all Gamefaqs forums.

Democrobot and King Zenith run the contests for the most part, but I don't see any issues with doing that if they want to run it.

Huh? Post on the wrong topic?
Nope. Iggy's post above mentioned it. Although if you didn't see that there at the bottom, I cannot truly blame you. That boy can write!

The Pro version has more monsters but it's also more difficult. Nintendo released the right version.

So more difficulty is bad?  Why not release these games with two difficulty settings, Baby-mode for all the whiners and Pro mode for those who like a challenge?

Coming from the diaper wearer. I already told you about the Huggies sale at Food Lion.

• Upvote 1

The Pro version has more monsters but it's also more difficult. Nintendo released the right version.

So more difficulty is bad? Why not release these games with two difficulty settings, Baby-mode for all the whiners and Pro mode for those who like a challenge?

Coming from the diaper wearer. I already told you about the Huggies sale at Food Lion.

There's no need for this kind of post. I don't agree with making fun of other posters. Relax.

So more difficulty is bad? Why not release these games with two difficulty settings, Baby-mode for all the whiners and Pro mode for those who like a challenge?

There's no need for this kind of post. I don't agree with making fun of other posters. Relax.

Platty's right. We don't need to start some kind of flame war. We need only to SCREAM AT SQUARE ENIX UNTIL THEY GIVE US DRAGON QUEST X.

Platty's right. We don't need to start some kind of flame war. We need only to SCREAM AT SQUARE ENIX UNTIL THEY GIVE US DRAGON QUEST VII.

Fixed. On every platform plz.

I love DQ7 more than the next guy, but we already have a version of it. We don't have any of the multiple versions of DQX.

Close to $30 on a used copy of VII no thanks I'd rather spend that on a new game.

Close to $30 on a used copy of VII no thanks I'd rather spend that on a new game.

30? I'd jump on that! At least its not 50! A friend and I split the cost for a 60 dollar one.

And that is why I emulate.

In most cases, emulation is the best option for sure. If not for emulators, I would have never enjoyed a lot of the classic RPGs from the SNES era. I played a lot of them on my school laptop in Junior High and am pretty grateful that option was there, as my parents didn't buy much for consoles. But that's another story.

I tried emulating DQVII, but I just couldn't do it. It just didn't feel as natural to me. Don't ask me how or why because I don't even know. I know I want to own all of the DQ games one day, maybe that's why. :S

So heated. Is it hot in here or is it just me?

It is getting hot in here.

So take off all your clothes.

30? I'd jump on that! At least its not 50! A friend and I split the cost for a 60 dollar one.

Why does everyone think emulation=piracy? It doesn't. I emulate my PS1 and PS2 games all the time - completely legally! I own the game disks, I've gone through all the hoops ripping necessary BIOS from my PS2 etc. Emulation is not just for pirates. Emulation can be used legally to improve the gaming experience. The reasons I emulate are because I can have all my games in one place and play them all on the same machine (it's convenient), I can patch games (so I can play with mods, or once I get around to importing games, use translations), and I can upscale graphics and expand sound (depending on the game) to HD quality! Also, it's the only way for me to record or stream gameplay because I don't have a capture card.

I'm currently looking into methods of ripping my cartridge-based games and GameCube/Wii disks so I can play those on my computer, too. I'll have to either buy or build cartridge dumpers, although for the DS and GC/Wii, I can use homebrew to dump the games from the consoles.

Why does everyone think emulation=piracy? It doesn't. I emulate my PS1 and PS2 games all the time - completely legally! I own the game disks, I've gone through all the hoops ripping necessary BIOS from my PS2 etc. Emulation is not just for pirates. Emulation can be used legally to improve the gaming experience. The reasons I emulate are because I can have all my games in one place and play them all on the same machine (it's convenient), I can patch games (so I can play with mods, or once I get around to importing games, use translations), and I can upscale graphics and expand sound (depending on the game) to HD quality! Also, it's the only way for me to record or stream gameplay because I don't have a capture card.

I'm currently looking into methods of ripping my cartridge-based games and GameCube/Wii disks so I can play those on my computer, too. I'll have to either buy or build cartridge dumpers, although for the DS and GC/Wii, I can use homebrew to dump the games from the consoles.

The problem being, of course, the vast majority of people who emulate don't do it to "improve the gaming experience." They do it to pirate.

• Upvote 1