Sign in to follow this  
Solutus

Poem "Suicide?"

I won't judge or blame you if you take your life
Because I know what it's like to be depressed
But do you want to risk missing out on something worth living?
The One True Love, a beautiful moment, being helped by a stranger
Good cause, inspiring movie, book, song, painting or game,
Feeling the wind in your hair, petting dogs and cats
Taking long baths, watching stars and eating chocolate..

I can't and won't promise you it will get better
Because I know the world doesn't work like that
But I'll be there for you when the hell becomes real
I'll help you fight with your demons and fears and
Accept what you can't change and change what you don't accept
Watch you every little step and every big success
Show you how to appreciate this world once again

So if you have any strength left... just say
When your time will be gone you'll be glad you stayed

Edited by Sk8erpunq
  • Upvote 3

A really good poem,I like it

Very good content. I hope it does make a difference to someone(s) someday.

This is topnotch. Have you considered getting some of your stuff published?

A really good poem,I like it

Very good content. I hope it does make a difference to someone(s) someday.

Me too. I kind of wrote it for myself.

Hmm, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Hmm, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

A friend of mine had a poem of her's published online. I can ask her more about that process if you'd like.

Please do. But I've been uploading my poems on DeviantArt, if that's what you mean.

Please do. But I've been uploading my poems on DeviantArt, if that's what you mean.

No, I believe this was actually a site where they specialized in publishing stuff. It wasn't just her posting her stuff (though I must say her stuff is pretty weird sometimes).

That sounds great! Please let me know if you get any details from your friend :)

This is good indeed.

Still, having English as a second (or third, or fourth) language will make you need an editor here and there.

Like in the verse "Because I know what's it like to be depressed". I think the correct form is "what it is like" or "what it's like".

Still, much much better than what a native speaker could do.

• Upvote 1

This is good indeed.

Still, having English as a second (or third, or fourth) language will make you need an editor here and there.

Like in the verse "Because I know what's it like to be depressed". I think the correct form is "what it is like" or "what it's like".

He still does better than the kids who were in my English class last year.

This is good indeed.

Thanks for correction, Cesar.

It's a good advice, but I don't think I really need an editor. I'm not even considering going professional anyway.

To be honest, I'd rather improve my English. 

This is good indeed.

Ha ha, thanks Demo! 

Well, I meant that, if published (not self-published), you would likely get an editor. I do not think they would be optional. If they are good, they can get your good stuff to be even better, by keeping a clean and clear style. If they are bad, they could either not do anything at all, or get your good enough stuff into something completely different just to fit their taste.

Let's not keep the bar so low. Sadly, it seems people everywhere is generally not interested in writing properly.

That is why I said "native speakers" and "much much better". Even people who finish a University education end up saying "sorry for my grammer" instead of actually improving something they should have learned during elementary school. And they think apologizing for it makes it okay...

I would say Sk8rpunq has an excellent knowledge of the English language which surpasses that of the normal English speaking people. It should be the norm, but it is not. By much.

But since he knows a few other languages, his feat is even more admirable.

Well, I meant that, if published (not self-published), you would likely get an editor. I do not think they would be optional. If they are good, they can get your good stuff to be even better, by keeping a clean and clear style. If they are bad, they could either not do anything at all, or get your good enough stuff into something completely different just to fit their taste.

Oh, I get it. Makes perfect sense, I have no idea what I was thinking about, ha ha!

Let's not keep the bar so low. Sadly, it seems people everywhere is generally not interested in writing properly.

That is why I said "native speakers" and "much much better". Even people who finish a University education end up saying "sorry for my grammer" instead of actually improving something they should have learned during elementary school. And they think apologizing for it makes it okay...

I would say Sk8rpunq has an excellent knowledge of the English language which surpasses that of the normal English speaking people. It should be the norm, but it is not. By much.

Thank you Cesar, this post made my day. I can only say the same about you.

Very nice poem

Thank you Madrigal!

Oh, I get it. Makes perfect sense, I have no idea what I was thinking about, ha ha!

Thank you Cesar, this post made my day. I can only say the same about you.

Very nice poem

Thank you Madrigal!

You're welcome :)