Sign in to follow this  
Cain

DQ8 25% off on Android

It was worth the $5 to play all summer.

Cool, hopefully some more people get the game to take advantage of the sale.  Did you pick it up this time Cain?

Nope. I recently tried playing through it on the PS2 and couldn't get into it. Just thought I would spread the word in case people were on the fence cause of the price

Dragon Quest VIII was a pretty grind-heavy game.

Dragon Quest VIII was a pretty grind-heavy game.

Are we talking about the same DQVIII? With 'Guv, Yangus, Angelo, Jessica, Trode, Medea, and many other fun characters? Because I don't recall having to grind too much in that game. Except maybe for a few bosses, like Khalamari, Dhoulmagus, and Rhapthorne II.

I haven't had to grind yet, but that may be because I get lost so much that I'm fighting a lot anyways. (The game is beautiful, but I'd still prefer a top-down view because you don't get lost as easily.).

Maybe it was just me. I wasn't underleveled per se but it seemed like I wasn't getting as much experience as I would in other Dragon Quest games and I definitely wasn't getting a lot of gold.

I bought it to support it, but I never could get into 8.

Plus, damn big game.

I think the tension system is really great way to get around grinding, since the whole point is hitting or healing for larger amounts, you can achieve that effect without having the levels themselves.

Tension hasn't been a big deal for me. Psyching up hardly is any different than just attacking for each turn that you psyched up on.

The beauty of the time changing environment of the game and free exploration made it a more forgivable thing for the grinding which I didn't mind and loved the skill points system as some may have despised it.

I think the game's weakest point was its lack of other playable characters.

Overall this game is my favorite.  I liked the voice acting, I liked the emotion tied into the story, which for a hero main character unable to speak, was pretty darn good.  I loved the history of the hero, which was very fascinating and everything makes perfect sense at the end.

Sign in to follow this