Sign in to follow this  
'Thias

A couple of questions about the Mobile Release of DQIV

So, I've considered buying the DQIV port for a while now
Mostly because i lost my DS copy to an accidentally destructive nephew a couple months ago and i hate replaying the NES version, but also to support DQ localizations.

Unfortunately,  I'm not entirely sold on the idea because i've never seen a mobile port of a good game that actually controlled well. 

So basically, my question is

How well does it play?

Also: Did they get rid of those godawful accents? They're not a deal breaker, but holy $#!& are they annoying.

Accents are still there, but they added party chat!

Controls are pretty good. In fact, DQ8 and DQ4 have the best control schemes out of any mobile game I've played before! (On tablets, that is - on phones it can feel cramped playing with 2 hands, but if you play with the D-Pad in the middle and play with one hand, it's actually pretty decent! Plus you have a free hand!) I typically play games on m'tablet, and use m'phone mainly for music and stuff, but the games are decent on phones too. (DQ8 occasionally drops frames on iPhone 5 though. But I hear it runs smoothly on the 5S and on some Android phones.)

So, all in all, a sensible purchase then.

Looks like i'm buying. :D

Controls are pretty good. In fact, DQ8 and DQ4 have the best control schemes out of any mobile game I've played before! (On tablets, that is - on phones it can feel cramped playing with 2 hands, but if you play with the D-Pad in the middle and play with one hand, it's actually pretty decent! Plus you have a free hand!) I typically play games on m'tablet, and use m'phone mainly for music and stuff, but the games are decent on phones too. (DQ8 occasionally drops frames on iPhone 5 though. But I hear it runs smoothly on the 5S and on some Android phones.)

I second all of this. Played both in my iPad 2 and it's been great. Hands down the easiest controls ever. Well thought out.

Glad to hear it at least controls well. Controls on mobile for RPGs aren't just hit-or-miss, they're functional-or-not-at-all.