Which characters do you think are cooler. Some of these match ups may not make sense, but there are no better match ups I can think of :/

Nokturnus vs Omega Weapon

Jessica vs Lightning

Kefka vs Dhoulmagus

Psaro vs Sephiroth

Erdrick vs 4 Heroes of Light

King Godwyn vs Gestahl 

Arsenal vs Flucier Tank*

Xagor vs Raphatorne*

The Creator vs Numen*

*These may not count as choices since Final Fantasy Legend is technically not a part of Final Fantasy

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

I'd like to make DQ Boss vs. FF Boss comparisons, but then I realized that FF bosses have thousands more HP than DQ bosses.  In that sense it would be completely one-sided, but I always thought Chaos (FF1) and the Dragonlord's final form (DQ1) would be a classic match-up.

Edited by ShdwDragn

FFL is technically NOT a part of Final Fantasy... But I think that's what you meant.

FFL is technically NOT a part of Final Fantasy... But I think that's what you meant.

forgot the not. 

I'd like to make DQ Boss vs. FF Boss comparisons, but then I realized that FF bosses have thousands more HP than DQ bosses.  In that sense it would be completely one-sided, but I always thought Chaos (FF1) and the Dragonlord's final form (DQ1) would be a classic match-up.

The hp scale through out the series are different. Plus this is which character you like the design and backstory more

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Jessica whips Lightning's emo butt.

Psaro is the original so he beats his ripoff.

Erdrick annihilates everyone.

Also I'd recommend Cloud vs. Parry.  I think thats a good matchup.

Jessica whips Lightning's emo butt.

Psaro is the original so he beats his ripoff.

Erdrick annihilates everyone.

Also I'd recommend Cloud vs. Parry.  I think thats a good matchup.

Parry at the age of 8 would be outclassed. But maybe when he reached the age of 16, he might win. 

I have some

Slime vs Goblin

Locke vs Yangus

Hero Vocation vs Paladin Class

Aquarion vs Odin

I actually think Locke and Odin may win there. Yangus is strong, but not at the level of Locke. And Aquarion has never been showed as a character in Dragon Quest

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Bahamut vs. Malroth/Sidoh is another good one... disregarding HP & damage scale differences.  Not necessarily for the back stories, but I could imagine a pretty epic battle.

Bahamut vs. Malroth/Sidoh is another good one... disregarding HP & damage scale differences.  Not necessarily for the back stories, but I could imagine a pretty epic battle.

Bahamut is a powerful dragon with a massive flair attack, Malroth is a master at beating down with disruptive wave and high damage. This would be very interesting

THe Dragovian Lord vs Kaiser Dragon

I actually like Kaiser more, he just looks so bada**

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

It's not even NOT technically, it's literally NOT FF, but rather SaGa, a wholly separate series.  That said, SaGa was birthed by FF2, or at least the original concepts utilized in SaGa began their testing phase in FF2.  Stupid Squaresoft's need to use the FF brand name triggering confusion...at least they didn't name the remake of Seiken Densetsu, "Final Fantasy Adventure" again, boy would that have been foolish.

That said, there isn't anything really to fit in place, so I say all's fair in FF vs DQ, and frankly there aren't any real direct comparisons to draw from FF.  I guess we could say Necron in place of The Creator, but Necron is more like an ephemeral being that is created by the despair of all living creatures over time, and took shape, substance, and independent will of its own, ever absorbing the grief, pain, sorry, and more negative thoughts and feelings of the denizens of FF9.  So it wouldn't really fit, and DQ has no similar construct to Necron, though Phantasy Star does in Dark Force, but I digress, those are pretty good picks Shun.

OH, sorry mate, I totally misunderstood your point...you're saying if they went toe to toe, a literal mano a' mano matchup in the ring....hmm.

Omega may be a bit too much for Nokturnus.  What about Shinryuu vs Nokturnus?

Edited by ignasia7

It's not even NOT technically, it's literally NOT FF, but rather SaGa, a wholly separate series.  That said, SaGa was birthed by FF2, or at least the original concepts utilized in SaGa began their testing phase in FF2.  Stupid Squaresoft's need to use the FF brand name triggering confusion...at least they didn't name the remake of Seiken Densetsu, "Final Fantasy Adventure" again, boy would that have been foolish.

That said, there isn't anything really to fit in place, so I say all's fair in FF vs DQ, and frankly there aren't any real direct comparisons to draw from FF.  I guess we could say Necron in place of The Creator, but Necron is more like an ephemeral being that is created by the despair of all living creatures over time, and took shape, substance, and independent will of its own, ever absorbing the grief, pain, sorry, and more negative thoughts and feelings of the denizens of FF9.  So it wouldn't really fit, and DQ has no similar construct to Necron, though Phantasy Star does in Dark Force, but I digress, those are pretty good picks Shun.

OH, sorry mate, I totally misunderstood your point...you're saying if they went toe to toe, a literal mano a' mano matchup in the ring....hmm.

Omega may be a bit too much for Nokturnus.  What about Shinryuu vs Nokturnus?

From what we have seen, nokturnus is toying around, even with Deathmoore. When he was using all of those moves he used Magic Burst and another move after that meaning he has unlimited MPand needs no recharge. But from what we have seen, Nokturnus is just a little to outclassed by Omega

Kefka always win, because... Well, it has the best law. 

Another somewhat fitting would be Estark VS Vegnagun. That would be a pretty interresting fight.

We have the Creator in FFIVA.

And I'd think Zenith Dragon would fit better against Bahamuth (their role is pretty similar)

Or having the Elemental Spirit against their respective Summon :

Flame Spirit VS Ifrit.
Terra Spirit VS Titan

Aqua Spirit Vs Leviathan 

Wind Spirit against... Ramuh ? Sylph ? Not quite sure here...

Another somewhat fitting would be Estark VS Vegnagun. That would be a pretty interresting fight.

And I'd think Zenith Dragon would fit better against Bahamuth (their role is pretty similar)

Flame Spirit VS Ifrit.

Terra Spirit VS Titan

Aqua Spirit Vs Leviathan 

That would be a slaughterfest, the Spirits are top notch lords of there respective element who work for GOD. Those espers (except Leviathan) are high tier espers sure, but not gods or even divine (heavenly, yes, but not divine)

Flame Spirit VS Ifrit.

Terra Spirit VS Titan

Aqua Spirit Vs Leviathan 

That would be a slaughterfest, the Spirits are top notch lords of there respective element who work for GOD. Those espers (except Leviathan) are high tier espers sure, but not gods or even divine (heavenly, yes, but not divine)

Yeah...

That was what I thought aftrerwards.

By the way...

Who would be the best against Exdeath ? Orgodemir or Mortamor ?

Flame Spirit VS Ifrit.

Terra Spirit VS Titan

Aqua Spirit Vs Leviathan 

Yeah...

That was what I thought aftrerwards.

By the way...

Who would be the best against Exdeath ? Orgodemir or Mortamor ?

Orgodemir is the Devil so he has the edge, but he is not the material. Deathmoore will hold up better, but not enough. 

Who was the biggest A-hole in the FF franchise? The one who just ruined your life? I would like to see that person compared to Gema

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee
  • 3 months later...

Okay Slimes versus anything is a bit unfair. Slimes are balls of jelly that attack by throwing their body at an oppenent. If the other sid has any kind of weapon, it would win.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Which Sid is the original and which is the other Sid? Because I know one Sid that can easily take them, but the other I'm not too sure of.

Okay Slimes versus anything is a bit unfair. Slimes are balls of jelly that attack by throwing their body at an oppenent. If the other sid has any kind of weapon, it would win.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Which Sid is the original and which is the other Sid? Because I know one Sid that can easily take them, but the other I'm not too sure of.

That is supposed to say side. I clearly missed the E. 

That is supposed to say side. I clearly missed the E.
I think you clearly missed the humor too. 😑

DQ Slime vs. FF Slime

DQ has the classic Toriyama design appeal, but the FF Slime typically requires a specific type of magic to defeat it, depending on the color, and it's resistant to physical attacks.  So while I prefer the DQ slime, I'd have to say the FF Slime wins in a battle, unless we're talking a DQ MKS.  DQ would win the popular vote, if the poll consisted of DQ fans or fans of both series.

Black Mage Vivi from FFIX vs. Brey (or Borya) from DQIV.