Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #116 - Become a DQ4 Light-Speed Champion!

dq4ds_logo.png

Dragon Quest IV Mobile has graced our western shores, and you Dragon Quest fans are snatching it up like the salivating dogs that you are.  But do you have what it takes to be a Light-Speed Champion? 

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This contest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must be one of the first 5 people to reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest IV Mobile, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) Only the first 5 people to reach the ending credit sequence on their mobile version of DQ4 will achieve this prestigious accolade
2) Any old ending credit sequence will do. 'nuff said about that.  Please keep this topic spoiler-free
3) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the ending credit sequence on your mobile device, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it
4) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task.  In-game screenshot alone will not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username
5) You can submit your evidence in this topic or via private message if you prefer
6) This contest will remain open until 5 winners have been identified

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

I highly encourage people to post their progress in here as well.  Smack talk and other friendly ribbing is encouraged, especially as we narrow down on the final slots available for this contest.

"Take care and tempt not the fates"

Best of luck to those attempting this challenge!  I remember when playing the DS version for the first time how much shorter/faster they made parts of the game.  Particularly, I remember chapter 3 was super fast compared to the NES version due to how often monsters seemed to drop the items you need.  In a way that made me sad because it doesn't give you as long to get "immmersed" into each chapter the way the NES version did.

Well, I gotta hurry then... Looks like I'll be doing more party chat in my second run than this one. (I plan on doing a run as a hero of each sex anyways.)

Not going to attempt even playing it until my Iphone 5 gets here. DQVIII has sections of graphics missing on the Iphone 4...

I'm pretty sure they're the same but it's the ending for chapter 5 right? I'm about to go vs Psaro now so I just wanted to know

I'm pretty sure they're the same but it's the ending for chapter 5 right? I'm about to go vs Psaro now so I just wanted to know

Yup

Ok, I've got the 'Psaro the Manslayer is defeated' screen up on my phone right now. How do you want me to show I've finished the game?

I've now got pics with my username on paper and a ton of screenshots, which do you want me to post; which is easiest?

Edited by bel_dat

These are some pics of the ending. Is it enough proof?

post-76368-0-05427600-1408000206_thumb.jpeg

post-76368-0-07432600-1408000288_thumb.jpeg

I'll give it to you. That's your username and I believe that scene only comes at the end (unless you have l33t hackz)

If you'd like I can go through the ending again and take pics of the balloon flying and the towns

If you'd like I can go through the ending again and take pics of the balloon flying and the towns

I don't think that should be necessary.

Ok, thanks!

Is this good enough?

Apologies that two photos turned sideways. Doing this from my phone and it won't turn them back correctly.

post-102-0-08055200-1408254265_thumb.jpg

post-102-0-94573900-1408254293_thumb.jpg

post-102-0-95712300-1408254338_thumb.jpg

post-102-0-77795400-1408254393_thumb.jpg

Darn if I had known about this earlier I would have gladly done this challenge!

I'll give it to ya.

Darn if I had known about this earlier I would have gladly done this challenge!

There's still time. Only 2 of the 5 spots have been claimed.

Well I just finished the game today, but I doubt that there's any spots left.

Well I just finished the game today, but I doubt that there's any spots left.

I can't speak for KZ, but to my knowledge, only the two winners have been crowned out of the 5. Of course, some may have sent to KZ via PM, but since he hasn't posted anything here about winners, I'll assume nobody has. Keep in mind that his word will hold more power over mine. But either way, you might as well submit proof that you finished it. It can't hurt

Well I only remembered after I finished it, but here's a screenshot showing I'm in chapter 6.

Screenshot_2014-08-25-12-53-28.png

Edited by Cain

I'll give it to ya. Unless KZ has some submissions via pm that he isn't sharing with us, you are the third person to become a light-speed champion.

I can confirm that Cain is indeed the third winner.  Still two spots open.  Those times are pretty decent so far, too.  22:41 is the record and Cain is very close behind that at 22:49.  I wonder what bel_dat's time was?  Of course, you don't need an actual fast completion time to win this contest (you could take 140 hours to pass it if you like), but it's interesting to see these times.

I probably would have finished it under 20 hours if I didn't spend time on the boon town and trying to steal a Metal King Helmet.  It's a fairly short game, but then again, I've been playing it for 24 years now...lol.

I've been playing it for 24 years now...lol.

24 years and you still became a Light-Speed Champion. That takes skill, especially seeing as how we haven't been able to play it on mobile for 24 years (I couldn't resist making that remark. Spheal with it)

​Inadequate proof. Anybody could have those pants!

You're all good to go.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this