Sign in to follow this  
Ashes

Things I wish I knew when I started...

60 inventory 75 equipment 100 bank 60 attic 60 dresser 3 dress up dolls (so 3 fully equipped minus umbrella items)

60 inventory 75 equipment 100 bank 60 attic 60 dresser 3 dress up dolls (so 3 fully equipped minus umbrella items)

Pretty spacious, I never noticed that about equipment having its own slots.  This is good, Inventory is a important thing for me in onliners.  XIV does it same way as well for inventory, though similar, every equipment piece type, hands, body, head, belt, legs, boots, earrings, bracelet, weapon, shield, etc, has its own...think it was 24 inventory spaces for every each one, and then their was I believe 150 normal inventory spaces.  Been a long while and I never had an issue with inventory in XIV,  so dont remember much, course all that inventory space was for a reason, due to being able to change classes anytime providing its outside a instance or dungeon.  DQX though much more limited, its understandable, most areas where you can class change should also have a bank yes?  Thus you can swap out gear if necessary really.  

Well they got rid of class specific gear so I carry around only a few sets. Most pubs do have a bank close, but you can avoid it if you figure out your gear set.

Here's something I just learned from someone in team that is great for this thread:

The game records kills, and every 100 kills of a monster type will be notified to you, because you get a free Mini Medal at the Mini Medal castle for every 100 kills, maxing out at 500. So you can potentially get 5 mini medals per monster type.

Here's something I just learned from someone in team that is great for this thread:

The game records kills, and every 100 kills of a monster type will be notified to you, because you get a free Mini Medal at the Mini Medal castle for every 100 kills, maxing out at 500. So you can potentially get 5 mini medals per monster type.

Thank you for sharing this information. Another good way to earn extra medals.

Two things that I knew when I started but others really should know:

1. Quest 129.

After completing this quest, which is available at any material shop, you get the ability to crystalize your equips after they've reached 100 points on them from fighting battles with enemies at or above your level. Breaking down the equip destroys it to receive the amount of crystals indicated in the top right near where you find out how many points it currently has. By buying smart, and paying attention to crystal prices you can earn quite a bit.

For example: +2 Rune Staffs usually give 5 crystals and sell for around 4-4.5k. The crystals they provide earn you around 6.6k giving you a fairly nice 2.1k profit. Just by doing levelling as normal!

2. Plan out a material run (Maps at: http://dragon-quest.jp/ten/map/fild/)

Lately, or rather almost always, I've been hearing players talking about going out and learning where materials spawn to use for their respective crafting/alchemy guilds. Which of course on paper sounds like a good idea... until you realize that every 4 hours you can only take materials from 40 different "spots" on the map (In quotes because there are some locations where 2 items are the same "spot". There's an example of that right outside of Glen on either the west/east map.)

All it takes is a little common sense to realize that you shouldn't be picking up materials you are going to use unless that material is expensive. You should be picking up as many expensive materials as you can (based on your level since some maps are really dangerous) and using those to buy the materials you want.

For example: I use silver ore in bulk, if I go to the bazaar I see it is usually around 120-130 gold each sometimes less and sometimes more depending on the supply. I could go out and get those myself, but why? My current material run has 8 spots (requires access to 2.1 so don't ask unless you are there) where a material used in the highest level sewing recipes is a 100% guaranteed pickup. Slightly cheaper in small stacks, but after a few runs when I get a nice stack of 30 or so I put them up for sale... at around 1500 gold each.

8 of 40 spots and I've earned almost enough to buy a stack of 99 of silver ore.

Two things that I knew when I started but others really should know:

1. Quest 129.

After completing this quest, which is available at any material shop, you get the ability to crystalize your equips after they've reached 100 points on them from fighting battles with enemies at or above your level. Breaking down the equip destroys it to receive the amount of crystals indicated in the top right near where you find out how many points it currently has. By buying smart, and paying attention to crystal prices you can earn quite a bit.

For example: +2 Rune Staffs usually give 5 crystals and sell for around 4-4.5k. The crystals they provide earn you around 6.6k giving you a fairly nice 2.1k profit. Just by doing levelling as normal!

2. Plan out a material run (Maps at: http://dragon-quest.jp/ten/map/fild/)

Lately, or rather almost always, I've been hearing players talking about going out and learning where materials spawn to use for their respective crafting/alchemy guilds. Which of course on paper sounds like a good idea... until you realize that every 4 hours you can only take materials from 40 different "spots" on the map (In quotes because there are some locations where 2 items are the same "spot". There's an example of that right outside of Glen on either the west/east map.)

All it takes is a little common sense to realize that you shouldn't be picking up materials you are going to use unless that material is expensive. You should be picking up as many expensive materials as you can (based on your level since some maps are really dangerous) and using those to buy the materials you want.

For example: I use silver ore in bulk, if I go to the bazaar I see it is usually around 120-130 gold each sometimes less and sometimes more depending on the supply. I could go out and get those myself, but why? My current material run has 8 spots (requires access to 2.1 so don't ask unless you are there) where a material used in the highest level sewing recipes is a 100% guaranteed pickup. Slightly cheaper in small stacks, but after a few runs when I get a nice stack of 30 or so I put them up for sale... at around 1500 gold each.

8 of 40 spots and I've earned almost enough to buy a stack of 99 of silver ore.

Currently I also do these 2 things you mentioned to earn money. Spending a few more minutes to farm material and search for cheap +2 equipments in bazaar dissembling for the crystals and sell for profits.

I also do gate quest and sub-class quest everyday for extra money. Haven't done some labyrinth runs these days as I no longer play my priest. So, I feel myself quite useless to a party. :(

This is all very helpful thank you!

Currently I also do these 2 things you mentioned to earn money. Spending a few more minutes to farm material and search for cheap +2 equipments in bazaar dissembling for the crystals and sell for profits.

Just remember that you don't need to rely on these methods forever. Mass producing equips with your worker guild is by far the best way to make gold, these methods are for building up a base fund or if you don't want to focus on earning gold but need funds to keep up with everything else you're doing (MP items, cooking for extra EXP while grinding, etc.)

I also remembered one of the biggest things that I would definitely want to know about when new:

http://dq10.org/present-jyumon.html

Present spell list. The first table's first column has the present spells. It's been mentioned a few times on the board but it definitely is something new players should be aware of so I am posting it here too.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/campaignCode/itemcode/

That page is where you enter your codes. It'll show your character list if you're logged in, just pick a character to receive the item and copy/paste a present spell for free stuff! All items obtained in this way are sent through the in-game mail system.