Do you like this art? :)

Ever since I was a little kid I loved to draw.  I was very inspired by Inafune and Toriyama.  Growing up playing games like Breath of Fire, Dragon Quest, Zelda and Final Fantasies, I figured very quickly that one day I would want to make something like that for other people to enjoy as I did.  I never really got into game making but I did draw a whole lot.  I remember playing Dragon Quest games and levelling up my dad's characters by hunting down those darn metal slimes for hours and hours.  Or falling in love with the worlds and stories these Japanese games held.  The music and sprite art was beautiful to me always.  So here I am all grown up and through countless graphic novels and character creations I finally came up with this one.  Gaia Blocks is a story of a young man who finds an ancient weapon known as Gaia Blocks.  He will use these in coordination with a sacred sword, the Geonian Blade, to fight a power that has come from another world.  I'll post a link to the site and fb page, and I'll show some pictures here, and you guys can tell me if you like anything about it or not.  :)  As long as someone liked my work, I'm happy.  And this being a big Dragon Quest forum, I think people will like the style^^  Thank you.

The Site with the Graphic Novel;

http://www.gaiablocks.com/

the Facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gaia-Blocks/1500016426900128?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite

And some pics^^

3095301.jpg?522

8014388.jpg?492

3756456_orig.jpg

7700099_orig.jpg

942092_orig.jpg

357221_orig.jpg

2772370_orig.jpg

4285208_orig.jpg

9978858.jpg?430

3604141.jpg?457

5021679.jpg?432

1664656_orig.jpg

Edited by gaiablocks
  • Upvote 1

Nice work. I like it.

Also, welcome to the Den.

First off, welcome to the Den, guv!

Second, very nice work.  I can't wait to see what else you have in store. :thumbsup:

nice art)

and welcome

• Upvote 1

welcome hope you have a plesent stay and realy nice drawings they look like thay are made by a profesenal

You have a good art style that'll get better as you do it more.

But your "Hero" suffers from a debilitating disease that will ruin his figure forever.

MassiveSword-itis! He needs a more traditional weapon, mang.

Looks good to me :)

Damn, these are great.  Thanks for sharing these with us.  I love that torn-page effect around the graphic panels in your novel.

Haha thank you:)  I'm putting everything into this, I'm super passionate about it. 

As for the comment about the sword.  I know it's a bit cliché but I love huge sword styles.  The thing with this is, he will summon it, and when he does,

his body and eyes will swell with blue light as well as the sword and he will be able to use it for a very short amount of time.  Normally his main weapon will be

the blocks on his arms and feet^^

I'm super happy you guys like it, thank you.  I make more and more and upload it to the website www.gaiablocks.com every week.  I actually write the story as if one day it is turned into a game so it can have awesome customization with equipment etc.  That is why I invented crests and that whole part of the story :)  One can dream^^

3525664_orig.jpg

1784552_orig.jpg

7938654_orig.jpg

• Upvote 1

For some reason, I could not see the images at my work computer. Now I can finally check them.

I always liked illustrated books as a kid, and the style you are using for these is pretty nice.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you :D  I do, it has been a project of mine for just over a year and a half.  So much has changed in the story during this time and art direction that has me re-doing various aspects of the novel.

• 1 month later...