Sign in to follow this  
Aeana

VPN no longer necessary?

Normally that would make sense. But we're talking about Square Enix.

Make sure your email wasn't caught by your spam filter.

Sometimes it takes a while for it to arrive.  If you haven't gotten it within a few hours you may need to have it re-sent.  There's bound to be an option on their site to have it re-sent.

Make sure you did not typo the email also.  If you misstyped it, that's not good.

Uh oh.. I'm trying to log in after the recent maintenence and I'm getting this message

http://i.imgur.com/7p9m141.jpg

It appears the IP block is back.. I really hope I'm wrong.

Edit: I can confirm it now. With a VPN I can get in but without one it kicks me out.

This is really sad to see after all the new players joining..

Edited by sinvic

I can't seem to get in even with the vpn using gate connection 60.41.86.50. I'm going to hold off on spamming more IPs for now. Major bummer squeenix...

oh no... I got that message too. I'm assuming we all are?

Is this gonna stick on our accounts...? Is.... Is this super bad? I'm definitely worried.

oh no... I got that message too. I'm assuming we all are?

Is this gonna stick on our accounts...? Is.... Is this super bad? I'm definitely worried.

It only shows the message if you are playing outside of Japan. If you put on a Japanese VPN and do the required password change they email you, you can still play, but you must always have a Japanese VPN on when logging in and playing the game.

I figured. At least maybe our accounts aren't going to get flagged? Maybe? I'm not sure. Thanks for confirming you can log back in at least on a VPN.

Can I assume this means they won't be accepting US credit cards for subscriptions any more? The VPN stuff is annoying, but I guess I can deal with it if it's really back. But I was planning on subscribing after my free time runs out tonight. 

I don't believe it flags us. I've tried logging in without a VPN when they were still required and got the message before. If they were out to do it they would've gotten me already.

Can I assume this means they won't be accepting US credit cards for subscriptions any more? The VPN stuff is annoying, but I guess I can deal with it if it's really back. But I was planning on subscribing after my free time runs out tonight. 

Can't say they accepted either of my four cards in the first place.  I had to buy WebMoney and use that to buy Crysta to pay for my sub.

For anyone unsure of what to do regarding VPN options or whatever, you can try using Amazon Web Services and a couple of other apps for a years worth of free service.  There's a guide on PSO-World you can look up as it's been necessary for PSO2 for a few months.  Should be easy to find.

I figured. At least maybe our accounts aren't going to get flagged? Maybe? I'm not sure. Thanks for confirming you can log back in at least on a VPN.

It does not flag you. That wouldn't make sense. Just because you're trying to connect from outside of Japan does not mean you do not live in Japan. You could be a guy on vacation or on a business trip outside of the country. They wouldn't know, so it's illogical to ban you over it.

The only thing that happens is that it makes you reset your password, to ensure you weren't hacked.

They were not accepting either Visa nor MasterCard when I tried to sub about 5 days ago. Your best bet is Japan WebMoney, which can be purchased from more than a few retailers. Google it and search around for the best price for you. I would do it now if you intend to continue to play, as they typically take a day or so to send a WebMoney code.

Edited by Polantaris

WHAT THE BLEEP SQUARE.  Honestly.  Just the other day I was showing the game to a friend and he was getting excited/interested in maybe trying to fumble through the online with a guide some day :(

Can't say they accepted either of my four cards in the first place.  I had to buy WebMoney and use that to buy Crysta to pay for my sub.

For anyone unsure of what to do regarding VPN options or whatever, you can try using Amazon Web Services and a couple of other apps for a years worth of free service.  There's a guide on PSO-World you can look up as it's been necessary for PSO2 for a few months.  Should be easy to find.

This is a good recommendation since it's free and you get your own IP. The only way it would stop working is if they blocked the entire AWS datacenter, which I find unlikely. I'll try it out if my current VPN falls through.

This is a good recommendation since it's free and you get your own IP. The only way it would stop working is if they blocked the entire AWS datacenter, which I find unlikely. I'll try it out if my current VPN falls through.

As Phanir said, there's a guide on PSO-World about it. I'll write up a thread linking to that and adding a little extra for DQX later tonight when I have some free time.

I started using it since I logged in and so far I've seen no lag. It seems to run great. So it seems to be a great choice. After the first year it will cost money (something like 0.0012 cents/hour), but in the end it would cost no more than a typical paid VPN and it will likely cost a lot less, however it varies depending on how much you actually play each month.

Edited by Polantaris

As Phanir said, there's a guide on PSO-World about it. I'll write up a thread linking to that and adding a little extra for DQX later tonight when I have some free time.

I started using it since I logged in and so far I've seen no lag. It seems to run great. So it seems to be a great choice. After the first year it will cost money (something like 0.0012 cents/hour), but in the end it would cost no more than a typical paid VPN and it will likely cost a lot less, however it varies depending on how much you actually play each month.

Oh, no, I saw it. I was just saying it was a good suggestion for people who need it. I just got a friend in Japan to set up a VPN for me, so I don't think I'll need it for now.

this sucks. Blocked again like on PSO2.

My only question is; If they were going to put the blockade back on, why take it off on the first place?  :(

Well at least thanks to them letting non-japanese IPs for a while, I actually bothered to try the game and I found this forum, so I guess I should be thankful :P

Edited by wiregu

There's a note in the update notes for today's patch. It says that they implemented a fix for the high server load experienced on August 3rd. So my assumption here is that they got DDoSed and their fix was to block non-Japanese IPs again.

There's a note in the update notes for today's patch. It says that they implemented a fix for the high server load experienced on August 3rd. So my assumption here is that they got DDoSed and their fix was to block non-Japanese IPs again.

That makes so little sense.

It's been 23 days since then. Plus, every game everywhere has been getting DDOS'd recently, starting with PSO2, which was DDOS'd before DQX had the IP block taken down.

Pretty piss-poor excuse, if you ask me.

Hm...ddos attack, or maybe alot of non JP IPs logging in to try the game out due to the trial?  Who knows really, wish we could find this out.  

Another theory is, they are covering it up, and the truth is, they removed the IP Block temporarily to see how many non Japanese IPs would log in, to gauge interest.  

Beh...hmm.

Is the IP block still down?

Is the IP block still down?

No.

You need a VPN to play, or play from Japan. There's some threads on the forums in regards to getting VPN's to use.