Sign in to follow this  
Aeana

VPN no longer necessary?

Aye it's not hardware intensive. Remember it has to run well on a wii.

Edited by Ashes

Mine's edging toward 8 years old (grad school will suck your bank account dry). So I will check into it and see, as I said. Hopefully it will be able to run. :)

Asked a question about Genkis in the other thread Ashes-chan, whenever ya can get to it.  Id honestly play DQX right now but Story is important to me so if I cant read it, heh yea.  Will however help keep things goin on the operation hero site. 

Don't forget the 2 hours of free kids time each day if you are able to be online then.

This is a great plus, even if it is just the 2 hours.

The trial has been cool so far, runs amazingly on my old warhorse. Its pushed me to keep learning Japanese :) 

Eventually I'll sub into this, I'd love to play with all of you :)

You're certainly welcome to join the Den Team.  It's a great way to stay in touch with all of us and find people to play with.

I've got some neat tools that will help me translate japanese, but I'd much rather play with people who can read it. Google Translate and similar tools can only go so far.

Kids time in Japan time:

Monday - Friday: 4p.m. to 6 p.m

Saturday and Sunday: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.

Well, sad day.

Update for those who were asking: while I have the processor speed and more than enough RAM to handle DQX, my obstinate refusal to expand my workhorse computer past its motherboard-integrated GPU will prevent me from playing until I either 1) add a GPU that won't overload my weak 300W OEM power supply or 2) get off my rump and acquire a newer computer.

When I bought the thing I was eyeballs deep in work for school (liberal arts--so just typing and research), so I didn't need anything very graphically potent. Now, of course, I regret this turn of events. I'll let you fine folks know if my technology situation changes any. :)

still the free trial is well... free it's worth trying to see if you can run that.

You can literally, make a tiny little box, with the right components, for about less than 300 bucks, and it would be more powerful than the PS4/Xbone, and can run the game.  Not lying.  Infact, what alot of PC guys do, is they go into a bestbuy or Radio shack or whatever, buy a desktop PC thats about 200-300 dollars, any will do long as it has about 6 or so gigs of ram, and a decent processor, usually these will have onboard GPUs, they then open it up, stick in a 50-100 dollar GPU, and there ya go, you got a rig that outperforms a PS4/Xbone, providing you OC it a bit, and will most certainly play DQX flawlessly.  No joke. 

PC Master race for realz. 

Edited by Alexandrious

I'm still stuck on vacation, but dumb question - do you still need a JP SE account, too?

You do need a JP SE account.

I might still have the benchmark on my computer... Not sure if it's OK for me to distribute the installer tho

I might still have the benchmark on my computer... Not sure if it's OK for me to distribute the installer tho

Woodus would be able to say for certain (since it's his site), however if it's freely available on the DQX site I'm not sure why there would be an issue.

Go for it, all they can do is tell me to take it down

• Upvote 1

Oh, if it's still on the DQX site I'm not even going there. It sounded like it had been taken down.

I'll take you down! Huehuehue

Pretty awesome news, i stopped playing my trial since the VPN was a hassle and kept killing my mirc connection when I was on it.

I think I'll give SEoA another few months to say something about X before giving in and buying the all-in one. I can play in Japanese without understanding it, but it takes a while for me to memorize menus.

my god

member of my team from barely 4-5 ppls a day

goes up to regular 12+ ppls online everydays both old faces back and newbies

I tried signing up for a JP account but never received an email. :(

Oh, if it's still on the DQX site I'm not even going there. It sounded like it had been taken down.

I don't know if it has been. I never looked into it. My point was that if it was there at some point, they probably wouldn't care about you re-hosting it anywhere because they gave it away for free as it is. The only reason they'd care is if they obtained some sort of profit from it, which I seriously doubt, as Benchmark tools are usually completely free (because it helps get sales regardless of where it's posted).

Edited by Polantaris