Sign in to follow this  
Aeana

VPN no longer necessary?

Anybody here is using credit card to play the game? i try with mine and it did accept the credit card.

Overseas credit cards no longer work you need to use web money this was mentioned in another thread last month.

Edited by Ashes

Overseas credit cards no longer work you need to use web money this was mentioned in another thread last month.

I think he was saying that his card worked (it was accepted). 

I can try myself after I check out the trial later tonight if I like it(finally gonna stop being lazy, if anyone remembers me from the beginning of the year asking questions about the game). I'll let you guys know if I get lucky with that.

Call me overcautious, but I will stick to using a VPN for now. This is great news and playing without internet lag sounds awesome, but I will wait for things to come. I spent way too many hours grinding my char to risk a ban. ;)

But seriously, Ashes' theory about the 3DS version makes perfect sense.

I have no explanation for this... But even if they are working on a localization, why would they remove the blocking of foreign credit cards for the Japanese version? Makes no sense.

The only reason that comes to mind, is that they actually want people from all over the world to have access to the Japanese version of DQX. But why? Because they aren't planning to release it internationally and just think "Oh well, let them at least play the JP version."? Or because they want to know which countries are most interested in DQX?

At least I can't imagine they want to lure VPN users out of their holes only to ban them.

Still I stay cautious for now. ;)

Yes,the credit was accepted. And im now playing :).

i didn't buy crysta i just paid my month directly with my credit card.

In tying in with Ashes's 3DS theory, the removal of foreign credit cards locking might be to make it easier for 3DS players overseas to pay the fee.  Maybe you are on some kind of extended leave or long term deployment and need to use local currency for a while.  *shrug*  Your guess is as good as mine.  Removing restrictions makes things easier for travelers, so removing payment restrictions just makes it easier for your customers to pay for your services no matter where you are and no matter what circumstances they are in.  I sincerely hope that this is the realization Square-Enix has come to.

I also hope they have come to the realization that importers are giving them more money, and they were only hurting themselves and the game by trying to lock us out.

I also hope that this is the preliminary stages to a western release.

Whatever the case may be, and whatever the end result is, this is very good news for us importers.  The IP blocking was the single biggest thing keeping people off the game.  Every single one of my friends that I have tried to get to join the game have declined it over the IP blocking the hassle it is to get around it.  This really opens a lot of possibilities for the importer community.

Message to anyone new coming in:  Make sure to mind your manors.  Don't run onto the game and start causing trouble and make Square-Enix regret their decision to open the game up.

• Upvote 1

Message to anyone new coming in:  Make sure to mind your manors.  Don't run onto the game and start causing trouble and make Square-Enix regret their decision to open the game up.

This is so absolutely important. 

Even if this is something to do with the 3DS version, don't doubt for a second that they would figure out any way to alleviate the need to remove the IP block and the pay block if foreigners start causing trouble. That means not being racist, generally rude, or in any way really disruptive to the local players. I will bet the TOS still says that it's for native Japanese players only, so you will still get banned if you get reported for any reason.

This could easily be an experiment, to see how well the game does without the IP block. If we mind our manners and are respectful, there won't be any issues, but it literally may take only one person to ruin it for everyone.

As for myself...I liked the trial, but I'm going to wait for the All In One version before I buy. otherwise I'll be wasting money. It's only 5/6 days away so I don't see the point in buying it before then.

Aye, for all those who see and frequent the board if your gonna try DQX, be respectful.  

Honestly though when I play I been going to, channel 36 I think, and I hardly see other players, wasnt their supposed to be some sorta solo channels or something of the nature?

Honestly though when I play I been going to, channel 36 I think, and I hardly see other players, wasnt their supposed to be some sorta solo channels or something of the nature?

There are servers for people who want to play Solo (I think they are called ã²ã¨ã‚Šãƒ—レイ), but you will still encounter other players on there. Basically, if you play on a Solo Server, it means you don't really want to interact with anyone, so you will be left alone. I am not sure if being on the Solo servers prevents people from sending you requests, like party requests and stuff. Also, you can change the little icon that shows above your head to say you are playing solo. If you do this, people can't send you requests to join their party.

This.... is incredible news! I'm actually going to try this now, as it's true, the IP block and CC restrictions were the main roadblocks for me. This is probably answered elsewhere, but do you need to give a credit card for the initial free period included with the game?

As for what this means for a domestic release, couldn't this be seen as a way to help with developing versions outside of Japan? We all know they're looking for entry into Asia, so this probably assists them with that (developing things using the JPN servers initially until dedicated country-specific servers are set up). So for now, I'm still in the camp of "the US will never see this game" until further developments.

This.... is incredible news! I'm actually going to try this now, as it's true, the IP block and CC restrictions were the main roadblocks for me. This is probably answered elsewhere, but do you need to give a credit card for the initial free period included with the game?

As for what this means for a domestic release, couldn't this be seen as a way to help with developing versions outside of Japan? We all know they're looking for entry into Asia, so this probably assists them with that (developing things using the JPN servers initially until dedicated country-specific servers are set up). So for now, I'm still in the camp of "the US will never see this game" until further developments.

Typically they release a new server and don't use the Japanese one for things like this, though. One would expect a China Square Enix account system and Chinese Server. To unblock the Japanese version of the game completely is extremely unusual for a game that launched with a block.

No your credit card is not necessary for the trial.

How long is the trial? What is there a level cap? Does the offer to a trial end at some point, or does everybody get a trial? I'd freaking love to play this game again!

Trial is until level 20 but you can only log on during kids' time. I think. You might be able to log on for like 20 days during any time. 

o.O I played around on the trial different times of day and it never stopped me for any kids time. I had the trial for months now. Only popping into it now and then to check somethin. 

Edited by Alexandrious

Is it possible to beat the game as a trial member by way of numbers? As in, creating a full party (whatever the max size is) of all LVL 20 players? If so, a bunch of newcomers could get together and play through it. (Of course, there wouldn't be expansion quests, but if I was able to get into it, I might actually buy it and pay a sub. (I'm still kinda worried about losing my interest over it being illegible to me...)

I just had a thought - has anyone tested to see if you can log in to the game with a US SE account since they lifted the IP block?

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

urygatar.jpg

What a horrible first sentence to that article. If every single freaking gamer in the United States wanted to play any game, I'd be more than freaking amazed. As it is, some members of the Den don't really want to play it. Stupid people write stupid things, there's no mistake.

On a good news front, that's cool that this happened!

"entire" LOL

Totally safe to assume that. Must be true.

Wait, so are we now allowed to let other players know we are foreigners? It would be pretty neat to make some friends and not fear asking others for help.