I want to see concepts and Ideas for a monster that could be in Dragon Quest Monsters. it could be based off an existing monster or be 100% new. It is not contest or challenge. Just show off ideas for a monster.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

See my avatar.

A Platinum God Slime

Size: 3

Formula: Gem Slime + Gem Slime + Metal King Slime + Metal King Slime

Here's the contest my avatar came from: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12154&do=findComment&comment=203769

See my avatar.

A Platinum God Slime

Size: 3

Formula: Gem Slime + Gem Slime + Metal King Slime + Metal King Slime

Size 3?

I know I need to lose a little weight, but man, that's rough.

Also, I'm a King PlatKing. Redundancy is part of the game!

Dragon Warrior

Specifications

Size: 4

Type: Incarnus

Formula: Erdrick + Holy Dragon + Slime God + Neorgodemir

Traits

Base Breaker

Triple Trouble

Critical Massacre

Early Bird

Intimidating

Giant Killer

Erdrick

Specifications

Size: 1

Formula: Limitless Nokturnus + Rubiss

Traits

Hitsquad

Tactical Genius

Health Professional

Rubiss

Specifications

Size: 1

Formula: Numen + Kakaron + Egdracil + Ramias

Traits

Tactical Genius

Strangely Alluring

Health Professional

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

This sounds very much like a contest we've had in the past. Are we due for another one of these already?

This sounds very much like a contest we've had in the past. Are we due for another one of these already?

The combine a monster thingie? 

Oh how is my idea for the Dragon Warrior?

The create your own monster type thing.

As for the Dragon Warrior, it seems okay. I'm not sure if I would go with size 4 though.

The create your own monster type thing.

As for the Dragon Warrior, it seems okay. I'm not sure if I would go with size 4 though.

Thanks, but what is wrong with him being sized 4? Would it make him bad statwise or would he not fit well with the other size 4 monsters?

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Statwise he would be lower, but the size and traits usually make up for that. I'm just thinking that might be too big.

Statwise he would be lower, but the size and traits usually make up for that. I'm just thinking that might be too big.

Well looks like I should not make all but his defence over 1000 and have him have hp of 2780 here is the recipe I came up with (It is overly cruel and probably too mean to be a good list)

Dragon Warrior = Erdrick + Holy Dragon + Slime God + Realm of the Mighty
Erdrick = Limitless Nokturnus + Rubiss
Limitless Nokturnus = Nokturnus + The Nameless King of Darkness
Rubiss = Numen + Kakaron + Egdracil + Ramias
Slime God = Metal Goddess + Slime Gang + Slime Ship + Slime XY
Neorgodemir = Orgodemir + Ultimortamor
Ultimortamor = Mortamor + Giganimzo
Giganimzo = Nimzo + Gaia Volcano

so that means it requires 2 Metal Goddesses which I think is impossible without 2 copies of the game
Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Not impossible I don't believe, just difficult. There's nothing wrong with monsters that are very hard to get in my opinion, as long as they can be obtained through conventional gameplay means. 

1000 Defense is very nice, my only worry about the Dragon Warrior being a 4 slot is really that you gave the Tactical Genius trait, rather than something like Triple Trouble. Of course, it wouldn't matter if his stats were ridiculous, but moving 1 time for four slots is underwhelming, and  1~3 is huge variance. I don't even like most 2 slots with Genius to be honest.

But who knows since most of the top 4-slots on Wifi remove AI 4 through Reincarnation to improve their stats anyway. So take that as you will.

I've loved the idea of making new monsters since I was kid though:

Void Dragon - SS Rank

Size: 4 Slot

Incarnus

Traits: Super Body, AI 4, God Breath, Crafty Zammer, Zammeister, Giant Killer

+25: Crafty Breather; +50:Tenacity of the Dead; +*:Hidden Power

HP: 2150

MP: 560

Attack: 499

Defense: 605

Agility: 622

Wisdom: 651

LordDraco+Orgodemir X King Hydra+Nokturnus

There was a triple trouble? Cool. I did not know about the new traits :P.  I made some stats, oh he has Thoridain as an ultimate move which is like a mix of Lightning Storm and Magic Burst

HP: 2780

MP: 1,150

Attack: 1,000

Defense: 850

Agility: 1,050

Wisdom: 1,000

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Is it like Magic Burst in terms of mana consumption, or something else? I like the idea of muti-type attacks. I think it's awesome how this game utilizes them. Thordain was also among my favorite spells in the original games.

There wasn't a Triple Trouble in English, but it's the fanmade translation of AI 3, which monsters can get through Reincarnation.

I really want to see the stats on the Dragon Warrior though, it sounds like a cool monster that would have amazing potential if balanced correctly.

Pokemon needs to take more lessons from this game. A large part of me doesn't even care about the remakes coming out because I have DQM.

It is an upgrade, it only takes 50% of your MP out and does 2x same damage. And it is shown by huge golden blasts flying out from a portal and huge trembles in a stormy display. 

My stats are above. Tell me how they can be balanced but still high. I made a new component for him in place of the RotM. Neorgodemir (bad name xD)

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Those stats are actually fairly balanced on a 1~2 action 4 frame, I think. The HP could be a littler higher. I'd say give him AI 4, just so he's on par with other big name 4 slots, and for stats:

HP: 2420

MP: 690

Attack: 534

Defense: 565

Agility: 592

Wisdom: 511

This way, his stats can be drastically improved to levels similar to what you want through Reincarnation replacing AI 4.

Truth be told, however, this is a lot speculative guesswork on my part. Creation of monsters is so SOOO much more fun and thought provoking than it was as a kid when every monster was more or less the same sans resistances. Monster evaluation is difficult as is because of the amount of data that needs to be taken into account, and making monsters in a balanced manner is, as such, far more difficult.

Wait so are the stat standards in the 3ds remakes lower or something? Because they would stink in Joker 2. 

Oh the idea for the Dragon Warrior is just for an ultimate monster themed and tied to DW. This is my real dream monster

ミスティック図書館ã®ç¥žæ§˜ (God of the Mystic Library)

He will have extremely high MP and Wisdom. He will have good HP and Agility, and okay defence and attack. He is surrounded by luminescent runes and glyphs and elvish writing that say stuff like wisdom, strength, life, fortune, and floating Yin Yang Symbols, clocks, and eyes of Horus.

When I was playing the Joker games, I really would have liked to see Monsters that could be obtained through synthetizing creatures that had mastered specific abilities, and felt the Scroll Skills based on the Jobs from DQ3 would have been the best option for this.

They'd be Rank C or D Monsters, and have their designs inspired by the Dragon Quest 3 classes but in monster forms. So for example the Warrior would look like an Orc wearing the Warrior armor. Maybe they could also get a Pallete Swap in Rank S or A formed through the combination of 4 of them

I have an idea for Pruslas

Pruslas is now Baalzac + Ruin

Ruin = Mazin + Mumbojumbo

Mazin = Gate Guard (Golden living Statue) + Gate Guard + Golem + Golem

Gate Guard = Golem + Balhib