Dragon Quest VII ePSXe config.

OK... 

So, since we may not have DQVII3DS before quite a long time (of ever), I decided to download the iso of the game (because that's basically the only way for me to play through it).

Now, that may be a common knowledge, but the screen turn to black every time I open the menu, or talk to someone.

What should I do to fix this ? 

Thanks for any answer.

You tried a google search for fixes?  A game like that theirs bound to be alot of information for it, honestly I was thinking of playing it on ePSX as well, I do have the physical game, but eh...I like the graphic enhancements the emulator can bring. 

Oh and 10x emulation speed helps with grind >.>

So, I will detail what I use : 

use EPSXe V1.9

and the Video Plugin is Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77, with the default config (Open GL just display the image on a corner of the screen)

So... I touched the config, like this :

ScreenConfig_zpsab152717.jpg

And I have this result (the image is also on lower res) :

PSDX6D3D001_zpsbed2a84f.png

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Have you tried the Glide Open GL2 Driver.  Standard settings work fine.

Use Pete's OGL2 plugin. Works like a dream!

What kind of video card do you have?

Run a hardware scan with Belarc advisor to find all sorts of info about your computer: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

I may not be able to help much (if at all) for the next week as I'll be in Hawaii. I don't know what the wifi situation is at the place we're renting for the week.

Run a hardware scan with Belarc advisor to find all sorts of info about your computer: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

I may not be able to help much (if at all) for the next week as I'll be in Hawaii. I don't know what the wifi situation is at the place we're renting for the week.

Thanks.

I'm also away next week, so that's not a problem.

Edit : Is it the processor ? 

It would be listed as "gpu" or "video adapter or card".  I know several years ago I got that game running great with an older version of epsxe.  Have you tried the software renderer as someone else stated above?

Last time I tried playing the game so I could record some videos I had to use the software renderer because all the other ones caused various problems.  It's not like a hardware renderer is going to make this game look much better because it's mostly sprite based.  I recommend using Pete's Soft GPU.  http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm#SOFTWIN

Edited by Cain

Pete's OGL2 actually does make it much better. Especially if you get your hands on a compatible (glsl) cel shader. At highest resolution with texture filtering, screen smoothing, and the cel shader, the game looks pretty damn good. (Assuming your card supports OGL2... All modern cards do I think)

It would be listed as "gpu" or "video adapter or card".  I know several years ago I got that game running great with an older version of epsxe.  Have you tried the software renderer as someone else stated above?

It seems I haven't any of this....

I use an Asus laptop (It is 5 years old)

I guess I'm already using a software renderer then ?

I must admit I have no knowledge about this.

Last time I tried playing the game so I could record some videos I had to use the software renderer because all the other ones caused various problems.  It's not like a hardware renderer is going to make this game look much better because it's mostly sprite based.  I recommend using Pete's Soft GPU.  http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm#SOFTWIN

It seems to works fine with this one thanks.

I used PsX on the meantime, but I think it would still be better.

I am using psxfin and it works exelent no bugs or anything on dw 7 but it cant play some games but dq works so try that one if you can't get it to work