Sign in to follow this  
brigam25

DQ8 Glitch - Underwater?

Hi all. I've been working on a project and replaying DQ8 on PCSX2. Quite randomly I stumbled upon this glitch...where the Hero walks underwater :whoa:

If you fly to the location of the Dark Eye, the world goes all wonky upon landing. And if you walk long enough, you fall into the cove where the ship is. There's nothing of particular interest to note, other than the glitch itself was interesting.

I extracted a video and posted it on Youtube to share (see below). Anyone else stumble upon it before? I wonder if it's something PCSX2-exclusive, or if it happens on a PS2 (mine is put up in storage), or if it was just my copy of the game. Hm...and how about the mobile version? I'm nowhere near far enough in the mobile game to test that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcT5HGjNrqg

Oh wow. Yeah, I've never seen that. I assume the only way to get out of it is to Zoom somewhere or use the Soulstone? Also I found it funny that there was still a surface to walk on (with cloud puffs and all) at the no man's land of the 3d world they created.

UNDER THE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA! UNDER THE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEA!

Seriously though, interesting find. Like hawkeye said, that's pretty interesting the "No Man's Land" part of the map has a floor you can walk on.

Well look at that! That's an awesome glitch you found there! I'm falling I'm falling I'm fallllllling SPLOOSH!

Hey, I can breath underwater! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I could see it having to do with the Emulator your using. I've had a few buggy things happen with other games years ago. (Memory is fuzzy as to which ones) 

Still, pretty amusing ^^

I got stuck in an Inn last time I tried to play the game in PCSX2. Door got moved outside the wall and was inaccessible. RAGEQUIT. That was the final time I gave the PS2 version a chance.

I kept going through this sequence to explore all I could. Depending on which direction you take, you can either 1) land on the bridge/path of the ship, which launches the ship, 2) hit the Dark Eye, which does what it's supposed to do, 3) land on the beach and continue walking/playing normally. Zoom and soulstone all respond normally (didn't try a sabrecat). You can walk all around/under the ship - interesting as they didn't shade the bottom of the ship. Not that they would have needed to. Half expected to find a secret treasure chest or something. Wishful thinking, eh?

Ha ha.  Wow, that is really weird.  Thanks for sharing this bizarre glitch.

Sabrecat underwater would be awesome. Some many fish run in horror as a huge cat chases them for a snack.

The hero seems to be doing a pretty fine job not drowning. I think the Sabrecat could probably do it too.

Hero is immune to curses. Curses are bad. Drowning is bad. Ergo, drowning is a curse. Protected. At least the logic fits. Sabrecat's on his own, and he ain't no catfish :cry:

Couldn't engage the sabrecat though...since I'm on the isolated plateau.

• Upvote 1

Awesome glitch.

Game glitches are not what they were before [i mutilated my bootleg of japanese Pokemon Green into making dead pokemon, walking through walls and removing my save - all through select button glitch], but this one looks fun

Haha Glitches, good old time with the Pokemon Silver/Gold clone glitches