Contest #113-Dragon Quest: The Movie

Oh, I like this one! Very clever use of negative!

I wonder, will we be getting any more entries...? Not much time left.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a reason why the voting is taking so long to be over?   Usually, I am happy with whoever wins, as long as the "battle" is interesting. But I am close to (I would say "past", but I can hold

You're a man after my own heart! I always give my students 2 votes in classroom elections or contests or stuff like that. I think it gives people the chance to vote for their gut instinct and also a c

An entry draws near:   The Adventure of Popolo    

I ran out of time. A planned photo book of my son's first year took almost 14 hours of work these past few days. Nice book, but bad site and combing through a few thousand pictures to use 300+ was rough.

Sorry for the delay. Here are the final entries:

Realms of Reverie The Musical

msg-63921-0-59234800-1407290462.jpg

Rocket Slime

Yep.png

Poster Campaign-Eden

msg-91-0-69153600-1405844660.jpg msg-91-0-80793200-1406171145.jpgmsg-91-0-83274900-1407229538.jpg

msg-91-0-98418900-1406068171.jpg msg-91-0-32836700-1406869312.jpg msg-91-0-25355800-1405729080.jpg msg-91-0-89121600-1407055961.jpg msg-91-0-41104200-1407054480.jpg msg-91-0-71203000-1407214631.jpg msg-91-0-45084100-1405744933.jpg

• Upvote 1

Y'all can expect voting up either tomorrow or else by next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a reason why the voting is taking so long to be over?

Usually, I am happy with whoever wins, as long as the "battle" is interesting. But I am close to (I would say "past", but I can hold on for a little longer) the point where I will not care anymore...

I would think, at first, it is because school work keeps you from posting here, but that seems not to be the case.

So I thought it may be some kind of plan to "keep things interesting" by adding to the suspense. If that is so, I do not know about the others, but I like it better when the voting rounds come all together. I also do not have to keep checking just in case the poll has been created.

And, since I am stating my voting preferences, I do not like having 6 entries chosen in the first round only to have a second round to choose 4 for the finals. I think 6 was a perfect number fpr the finals, directly. Having it this way, besides prolonging the already long voting period, makes it more likely to have a (surprisingly unsurprising) 4-way tie for first place.

Just a piece of my mind, but I would really like to feel excited about contests again (regardless if I participate or not, the old contests managed to keep my interest).

Edit: And I see I have quite a few grammatical errors, and, at least, one typo. I just kind of hurried that reply.

• Upvote 2

I'm with Cesar on this. I'm slowly losing interest in the contest as well.

It took 22 days already, and just to reduce 10 entries to 4, from which 3 are supposed to be winners. I think there won't be any protests if the contest was concluded at this stage, naming 4 entries as winners.

I'm trying to get the next set up, but it won't show me who voted for which, so I can't be sure if everybody voted properly and I want to be sure that they did since the numbers are closer. But at this point, I guess I'll just have to let the highest numbers proceed. (and yes, I did check to see if the votes are public, but that doesn't seem to change a thing for me)

I cannot see the voters, either. I thought it was a new functionality that hid them from us but let you see them...

In the new one, I can see them without problems.

I cannot see the voters, either. I thought it was a new functionality that hid them from us but let you see them...

In the new one, I can see them without problems.

I can't seem them either, even though I set it to a public poll when I started it.

As for the new one, I can see them fine. Then again, I could last time when I started it, but that obviously changed. What browser are you using? I use Chrome, so that may be the issue.

I cannot see them either, so I don't know what happened there.

Scratch that, I went into the database manually and set the View votes bit on that poll, now they are visible. Hope that helps and sorry for the delay on my end.

So, when can we expect announcement of winners?

If not tonight, then next week probably. I have auditions for the next 3 days and if all goes well, I'll be at a fencing workshop on the weekend. And with school started up, I can't do it during the day anymore.