Contest #113-Dragon Quest: The Movie

BTW, I just thought something.

Since discarding video entries by such a small thing as you not being able to watch videos is not that big of an impediment, you could ask someone, preferrably someone who does not usually take part on contests (Dwaine comes to mind, if he is able and willing) to validate the entries are in compliance.

Anyone can do that, it is as easy as validating the entries on the "Buy Dragon Quest VIII Contest", actually.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a reason why the voting is taking so long to be over?   Usually, I am happy with whoever wins, as long as the "battle" is interesting. But I am close to (I would say "past", but I can hold

You're a man after my own heart! I always give my students 2 votes in classroom elections or contests or stuff like that. I think it gives people the chance to vote for their gut instinct and also a c

An entry draws near:   The Adventure of Popolo    

I'd prefer to do it myself though, just out of my own piece of mind more than anything.

Just remember it is okay to delegate. ESPECIALLY if it is something you cannot do.

That is how you got here, remember? Otherwise, we could still overstrain KZ so he had to divide his time among family, job and contests.

leavemeout.png

... Sorry, it was too tempting for me to resist using that screenshot.  Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot that encapsulated me actually being willing to help validate video entries if that is what is desired here.  I'd be happy to help out with whatever is needed, though I don't want to inflict any damage on whatever "piece" of mind it was that Democrobot was referring to.  Perhaps somewhere in the prefrontal cortex?

Anything I can do to improve your peace of mind, I am happy to help as always. ;)

• Upvote 1

Wow... I'm obviously too messed up now. Must be all the heat and forest fire smoke... If KZ is willing to do it then I'll let him do it. Meanwhile I better start doing something about my scrambled brain.

• Upvote 1

The prefrontal cortex would be a piece of the brain. A piece of the mind could be the id, the ego or the super-ego. :D

You guys are catching all that smoke too, hey?  I can't go outside without it smelling like I am camping.  We had our windows open for quite a while yesterday and now the house smells like smoke too.  I'm Ok with the heat though. We had a long enough winter that I just can't bring myself to now complain about the heat.

As for the mind-piece, well... I would hate to damage anyone's id.  I bruise ego's all the time though.

Edited by King Zenith
  • Upvote 1

You bet we are. It's drifting in from B.C. and the north part of Alberta. We also don't have AC, so we need to keep our windows open all the time. At least our house smells delicious.  :tounge2:

I need to know 2 amazing child actors around the age of 10 for the hero's children in a 3rd movie. One that can play as a mischievous and heroic boy, the other is a more sophisticated and quiet girl.

Edit: I am looking up on Shyloh Oostwald and she seems decent

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Here are the new choices for the cast in a better sequel poster I am making

tla_laf_zuko2.jpg?m=1286824769

katniss-everdeen-in-the-hunger-games.jpg

Saruman_Palantir.jpg Might not be him since he is 90 years old

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Shun 'Kanamee I'm going to ask that you stop posting so much about what your posters may or may not contain. You can still ask for help and suggestions, but don't post who your picks are. Otherwise that makes it more obvious as to who the submitter is.

• Upvote 1

Shun 'Kanamee I'm going to ask that you stop posting so much about what your posters may or may not contain. You can still ask for help and suggestions, but don't post who your picks are. Otherwise that makes it more obvious as to who the submitter is.

sorry. i will stop

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

An entry has awoken:

The Final Chapter of Abel's Story

gallery_76075_71_118341.jpg

Deadline extended. See main post.

• Upvote 1

Great news!

I hope I can see the creations of other contest regulars. I would really love to see what they come up with.

And another one:

Sentinels of the Starry Sky

poster_zps6479444c.png

Well hold ya horses, 'cause here's another one:

I Am The Thorn

msg-63921-0-66109600-1406588560.jpg

We will have more than one vote, right, Democrobot?

I still smile when I see Vin Diesel in that poster (and good contrast with the expression and all around brightness of young Clark's face; and perhaps Kurt Cobain's frozen body is reanimated as the main villain in the movie?).

Of course. I usually try to make it 3 votes, but depending on how the sets come out, it can be 2. But never any less than 2 votes.

• Upvote 1

Of course. I usually try to make it 3 votes, but depending on how the sets come out, it can be 2. But never any less than 2 votes.
You're a man after my own heart! I always give my students 2 votes in classroom elections or contests or stuff like that. I think it gives people the chance to vote for their gut instinct and also a chance to really think about it. Usually it works that I get great classroom student government kids. Most will vote for their friend or themselves and then someone actually worthy and nice. So those worthy/nice kids end up winning with all the 2nd votes cast for them. I'd love this logic applied to US elections. We might actually get a good president instead of a Republican or Democrat just because people only voted for them due to party lines.
  • Upvote 2

Looking forward to other entries as the deadline draws closer.

Democrobot, what kind of "sets" are you referring to?

Edited by CoarseDragon

Looking forward to other entries as the deadline draws closer.

Democrobot, what kind of "sets" are you referring to?

The voting sets.

And speaking of that, an entry has wandered by:

Aria's Resolution

tcpISi.jpg