Sign in to follow this  
mariosmentor

DQ10 2.0 Storyline?

After staring blankly at the gibberish Google Translate gave me, here's my interpretation of the storyline for Dragon Quest X: The Slumbering Hero and Sworn Guiding Ally.

After defeating Hades Nelgel, the Hero is told that he has to find the princess of Guransedora, a kingdom in Rendashia. A certain ferry can make the trip, but it's a one-way kind of deal. The ferry docks at Kokorata Beach, and it turns out that the road to Guransedora is blocked off by order of the princess. The Hero finds a way to Guransedora, and the princess, Anrushia, revealed that she blocked the road because people were disappearing left and right. Anrushia is later revealed to be a hero of sorts, but hasn't awakened yet (meaning she doesn't realize her full potential).

What do you think? Does this sound about right? Should Mimas yell at me if I'm wrong?

You have some of the key points but you're missing quite a lot. Since this is the 2.0 , Ally of the Sleeping Dragon,ory I'm encapsulating it in spoilers.

After defeating scythe guy, negeru, you find out that the impenetrable fog has receded some and that travel to Garzendoa. However, you'll need the magic compass that a certain sage you know has. He gives it to you for it will cut through the fog and guide the ship if installed properly.

So it is installed and you now embark on your journey home to your continent,see why this fog remains for it was started in Etene and now that creator of it is dead by your own hands you seek to find out why it persists. The ses trip is met with some trials and you are thrown off course. The ship cannot make it all the way to Garzendoa so you must hike there. Only to find the castle road is blocked off by order of the king.

They tell you that only the hero endowed with the three butterflies may cross the threshold for it was foreseen and thus commanded. You are then off to procure the said butterflies meeting Ann along the way. She, a kindly girl, has lost her memory and awoke in this town where you meet her. She then becomes a reoccurring character as you seek to find the source of the darkness.

I could continue, but I've tried to avoid spoilers, but a lot after that including the story of how you obtain the butterflies are all quite spoiler heavy. If you want I can continue, but if you plan on playing this yourself in Japanese or English I'd wait until you have at least seen it for yourself before you get the translation. Though, I did not understand the text originally I did get the gist of it all from body language and facial expression and the artful way it was presented.

It'd be pretty cool if someone here posted storyline for us who can't play DQX but would like to know where it fits and all.

• Upvote 1

You have some of the key points but you're missing quite a lot. Since this is the 2.0 , Ally of the Sleeping Dragon,ory I'm encapsulating it in spoilers.

After defeating scythe guy, negeru, you find out that the impenetrable fog has receded some and that travel to Garzendoa. However, you'll need the magic compass that a certain sage you know has. He gives it to you for it will cut through the fog and guide the ship if installed properly.

So it is installed and you now embark on your journey home to your continent,see why this fog remains for it was started in Etene and now that creator of it is dead by your own hands you seek to find out why it persists. The ses trip is met with some trials and you are thrown off course. The ship cannot make it all the way to Garzendoa so you must hike there. Only to find the castle road is blocked off by order of the king.

They tell you that only the hero endowed with the three butterflies may cross the threshold for it was foreseen and thus commanded. You are then off to procure the said butterflies meeting Ann along the way. She, a kindly girl, has lost her memory and awoke in this town where you meet her. She then becomes a reoccurring character as you seek to find the source of the darkness.

I could continue, but I've tried to avoid spoilers, but a lot after that including the story of how you obtain the butterflies are all quite spoiler heavy. If you want I can continue, but if you plan on playing this yourself in Japanese or English I'd wait until you have at least seen it for yourself before you get the translation. Though, I did not understand the text originally I did get the gist of it all from body language and facial expression and the artful way it was presented.

What I'm doing is updating Dragon Quest Wiki's info regarding DQ10. This does mean I'm including spoilers. Please, continue on. 

Okay I'll try to give a more in depth synopsis over the weekend.

Well, since I'm waiting...........maybe I can try to recover Saigan's deleted LP.

Edited by mariosmentor

so I lied been super busy! SHALL TRY TO DO THIS SOOOOON!

Okay. I am doing this on my phone so bear with me.

Okay well you're attacked on the ship by monsters wanting to steal the compass. You defeat them and land at Koniuea plains. You then set on a journey to Guranzedora Castle. There you run into a gentleman whom you met on the boat. He tells you the story of how the hero with the 3 butterflies is mentioned to save the kingdom. You then are given the open world treatment of Dragon Quest. You have a choice then.

Mel Sandy Village:

Here you find a girl who lost her memory. You set out to help the village. It has a history of being raised by demons. The town history speaks of a hero Zarakune who fought off the demons, but when their raids stopped so did he. A new incident has occurred and you set out to help. There is the grandson of the fairy tale writer who guides you. You set out then to root out the evil and find out what has happened. You eventually find the boss of the area in the underground waterway. You get there by going down a well into a dungeon. You encounter an odd boss, a floating arm. As you weaken it it gets angry and is about to finish you off, but Zarakune appears defeating it in a single strike. He was trapped, but by weakening the arm you freed him. It turns out his body was taken all, but his heart and his body turned into a demon. This arm was part of that demon. You return and are gifted the butterfly by Annalisa, the girl who lost her memories. As you make to set out from the village she too leaves to try and restore her memories.

The Town of Seredo:

When you first enter monsters are attacking. Before you can step in a little girl with a charm summons a satyr to defeat the monster.This town is odd. There are no adults and the church is demolished. Further back you can enter Dharma temple where some power has sealed off the central chamber. Your task here is to help the kids. The kids really miss their parents. There are plenty of clues even some in the tower of Rinjahal to the north. You gather the clues and find out the satyr summoned has been encouraging the kids to forget their parents, and just forget them all together. This doesn't settle well so you keep going trying to find some answers. A little boy tells you that praying in Dharma temple after a ritual might bring their parents back you are assaulted by the satyr and his genie friend. After their defeat the kids go pray.... And nothing happens. You are thanked for your help and given a butterfly as your reward.

Arahagirp Kingdom:

This kingdom is well known for its monster fighting arena. The people enjoy the fights of the area for it helps them forget the fact that they remember nothing of their past. There is one girl who stands out. Her heart goes out to the animals who are forced to fight just to mask the people's pain. Her cat friend is captured and is being forced to fight now too. So you set out to release him. However, you are caught in the act and are forced to fight in the cats place. However, your enemy is the king of the city. He got there by becoming king of the arena. However, it turns out some unfortunate events had led him to becoming a monster. Just as you find this out and are about to show mercy he is stricken dead by a soldier. The girl wishes to thank you for all your help, so she gifts you the butterfly on her bracelet.

With 3 butterflies you are able to go to your original destination. You find Annalisa along the way and you two journey to the castle. Where memories start slowly coming back to her. You find out that there is a legend of an awakened hero through the use of the three butterflies. The girl on the throne who looks a lot like Annalisa is that hero, but she cannot awaken her powers for some reason. You set out with Annalisa to try and recover her memories. You hear of a cave where people have gone missing. You seek the root of this problem, and Annalisa comes along because well why wouldn't you want to help when you can. Unfortunately, a incredibly dangerous foe goes right for her. However, a mysterious power defends her and fends off the monster's attacks. The unawakened hero notices this and takes Annalisa captive because she thinks she might be the key to the power. You are approached by the chancellor who does not feel right about what's happening and told of a back way into the castle. You eventually find Annalisa locked up and unconscious. The mysterious man appears and tells you that she is being assaulted in her dreams by demons. You then are tasked to use the power of the butterflies to free her. You go through her sad past finding out she is Princess Annalisa the unawakened hero. You fight the demon trapping her in this slumber. When you do this and learn of her tragic past and how she was injured in a deadly assault by the devil king, you wake her up. Her power is unlocked and her sword given to her by a beloved soul is then returned to her.

The imposter hero flees with her sorcerous mentor. You find out they fled through that sealed door in Dharma temple. You pursue to find the imposter being empowered at the shrine. The shrine above beloved Etene, our hometown! You fight the imposter and fend off the evil. When you defeat her with Annalisa fighting by your side, a level 20 hero class. You receive a brave stone and are told that research must be done for the evil plaguing this land has been defeated but it is still shrouded by darkness. Then you are told that this land is actually in the world of dreams. Dreamt up by the devil king meant to enslave the people. The stone is paramount into breaking out into the real world. How to do that isn't known... Until 2.1!

*gasps for air* Whew! 2.1 story coming soon.

Okay. I am doing this on my phone so bear with me.

Okay well you're attacked on the ship by monsters wanting to steal the compass. You defeat them and land at Koniuea plains. You then set on a journey to Guranzedora Castle. There you run into a gentleman whom you met on the boat. He tells you the story of how the hero with the 3 butterflies is mentioned to save the kingdom. You then are given the open world treatment of Dragon Quest. You have a choice then.

Mel Sandy Village:

Here you find a girl who lost her memory. You set out to help the village. It has a history of being raised by demons. The town history speaks of a hero Zarakune who fought off the demons, but when their raids stopped so did he. A new incident has occurred and you set out to help. There is the grandson of the fairy tale writer who guides you. You set out then to root out the evil and find out what has happened. You eventually find the boss of the area in the underground waterway. You get there by going down a well into a dungeon. You encounter an odd boss, a floating arm. As you weaken it it gets angry and is about to finish you off, but Zarakune appears defeating it in a single strike. He was trapped, but by weakening the arm you freed him. It turns out his body was taken all, but his heart and his body turned into a demon. This arm was part of that demon. You return and are gifted the butterfly by Annalisa, the girl who lost her memories. As you make to set out from the village she too leaves to try and restore her memories.

The Town of Seredo:

When you first enter monsters are attacking. Before you can step in a little girl with a charm summons a satyr to defeat the monster.This town is odd. There are no adults and the church is demolished. Further back you can enter Dharma temple where some power has sealed off the central chamber. Your task here is to help the kids. The kids really miss their parents. There are plenty of clues even some in the tower of Rinjahal to the north. You gather the clues and find out the satyr summoned has been encouraging the kids to forget their parents, and just forget them all together. This doesn't settle well so you keep going trying to find some answers. A little boy tells you that praying in Dharma temple after a ritual might bring their parents back you are assaulted by the satyr and his genie friend. After their defeat the kids go pray.... And nothing happens. You are thanked for your help and given a butterfly as your reward.

Arahagirp Kingdom:

This kingdom is well known for its monster fighting arena. The people enjoy the fights of the area for it helps them forget the fact that they remember nothing of their past. There is one girl who stands out. Her heart goes out to the animals who are forced to fight just to mask the people's pain. Her cat friend is captured and is being forced to fight now too. So you set out to release him. However, you are caught in the act and are forced to fight in the cats place. However, your enemy is the king of the city. He got there by becoming king of the arena. However, it turns out some unfortunate events had led him to becoming a monster. Just as you find this out and are about to show mercy he is stricken dead by a soldier. The girl wishes to thank you for all your help, so she gifts you the butterfly on her bracelet.

With 3 butterflies you are able to go to your original destination. You find Annalisa along the way and you two journey to the castle. Where memories start slowly coming back to her. You find out that there is a legend of an awakened hero through the use of the three butterflies. The girl on the throne who looks a lot like Annalisa is that hero, but she cannot awaken her powers for some reason. You set out with Annalisa to try and recover her memories. You hear of a cave where people have gone missing. You seek the root of this problem, and Annalisa comes along because well why wouldn't you want to help when you can. Unfortunately, a incredibly dangerous foe goes right for her. However, a mysterious power defends her and fends off the monster's attacks. The unawakened hero notices this and takes Annalisa captive because she thinks she might be the key to the power. You are approached by the chancellor who does not feel right about what's happening and told of a back way into the castle. You eventually find Annalisa locked up and unconscious. The mysterious man appears and tells you that she is being assaulted in her dreams by demons. You then are tasked to use the power of the butterflies to free her. You go through her sad past finding out she is Princess Annalisa the unawakened hero. You fight the demon trapping her in this slumber. When you do this and learn of her tragic past and how she was injured in a deadly assault by the devil king, you wake her up. Her power is unlocked and her sword given to her by a beloved soul is then returned to her.

The imposter hero flees with her sorcerous mentor. You find out they fled through that sealed door in Dharma temple. You pursue to find the imposter being empowered at the shrine. The shrine above beloved Etene, our hometown! You fight the imposter and fend off the evil. When you defeat her with Annalisa fighting by your side, a level 20 hero class. You receive a brave stone and are told that research must be done for the evil plaguing this land has been defeated but it is still shrouded by darkness. Then you are told that this land is actually in the world of dreams. Dreamt up by the devil king meant to enslave the people. The stone is paramount into breaking out into the real world. How to do that isn't known... Until 2.1!

*gasps for air* Whew! 2.1 story coming soon.

Thanks so far! This will really help out! Keep up the good work! 

Mimas will come along sometimeish and correct the parts I am missing. Mostly, that stuff is from notes, resources and a majority from memory. ><