Sign in to follow this  
Dwaine

DQ X Coming to 3DS

Not quite. Just as we probably won't be seeing Dragon Quest X for 3DS, Dwaine probably won't be seeing that girl.

I have seen worse derailing, check out Biwinning from the steam forums. He got what he deserved. 

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Dwaine, next time, if you ask if she wants to do anything, and she says sure, do this:

Plan a day then where you'll have it open, and a few friends to invite if needed.  Wait for a time when she has a free moment, then ask if she wants to do anything that night/afternoon. 

If she says no:

say you'll have some friends around, and you're going to hit up a particular joint and if she wants to show up, you'll be there at...maybe 9pm.  Invite said friends, maybe a girl or two as well so she'll feel more comfortable, and if she shows, she has interest, and maybe you'll have a good time, and she'll see you in a more normal atmosphere.  Usually works to start as friends, and if she has a good time, she'll likely consider giving you her number and seeing you alone, for coffee, or a drink, or some food, or just to talk, or maybe something more fun like a real date.

If she says yes:

ask her when she gets off and if she'd like to have some dinner/lunch with you at the bar/restaurant next door/across the street.

If she seems to be nervous about telling you when she gets off:

treat it like she said no, and revert to my solution for the "no" answer.

If she seems comfortable telling you when she gets off, great!  Escalate things if the date goes well.  So you go to lunch, if things go well, and she has freetime, see if she's up for going to a certain chill/relaxed bar and move onto there, get her number while there, don't move too fast and you've got a chance at a relationship.  If she has to go, ask if she'd like to see you again, then get her number.  Go from there, and hope she actually is interested.

This for the next cutie that you meet at their place of work Dwaine.

• Upvote 1

About the topic. I think SE is abandoning us because they see DQ6 and DQMJ2 as faliures in the US. That or it is too hard to translate, or because they really think we are morons who'd rather look at lightning than listen to a good story and experience immersive gameplay.

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Hope I won't see lighting coming in DQX next crossover event......................

Hope I won't see lighting coming in DQX next crossover event......................

I would rather see Terra Branford. 

Likely because of lower sales of DQ6 and DQMJ2.

You know, an afterthought...

There are releases of DQX on the PC, Wii, Wii U, mobile devices, and now the 3DS. SE tries to kill off any Western interface seen there, with IP blocks, harsh signup procedures, etc.

Why not just kill the IP block, and simply allow US to play it? -_-

Hell, Sega doesn't IP block PSO2.

Hey man, that's still pretty good.  Do you have any contact info?

No, I didn't want to push. I'm there during the down times, so you never know how much someone might get hit on or creeped on. Don't wanna be guilty by association y'know? She knew I liked her and other people that work there knew too. The ball was in her court, but if she wasn't interested, that's OK. Doesn't break my heart. If she wants to get in touch with me, I'm easy to find one way or another. There's actually someone else who works on the bookstore end I'm interested in, but haven't seen her in about a month.

This thread kinda got derailed, but that's OK. Not like we're ever gonna see the game or anythin'.

Sadly, the ball is never in their court in terms of these things.  There is an expectation that men need to put all the effort in to initiate dating.  Women get confused otherwise, and think you don't really like them that much.  Planning an actual hang out or date has to be part of your follow through.  The vast majority of women will not meet you half way in this matter.

I once emailed and twitched to producer saito about ip block

he's ignore

I was comment rant on some live event and do some anon post

they're ignore

so...at least they didn't block proxy (that mean the end of VPN)

and no sign of blocking it (because my friend was ask SQEN for DQX server ports to open personal VPN for connecting game) 

ps. PSO2 blocked IP, Thailand and SEA server got it, we can't play JP server anymore even on PSvita

Edited by kei

Rly? Maaan.

That is interesting about what Sega did -- they basically just stopped announcing their IP block outside of Japan, presumably that's where they were getting hit by DDoS.  If I were a) in their shoes, b) didn't really want foreigners playing my game, and c) discovered my business was getting screwed by said foreigners through the interwebs, I'd do the same thing and consider it closed.

Now, take all that, and imagine if Square Enix did it....

I don't really understand the IP blocks. If someone's paying for an account, even if it's a small percentage, it's still revenue. Cutting it off means less in the budget to expand, plus you're alienating the people in other markets who are showing legitimate interest and enjoyment. Then again, Sega's been doing some weird stuff lately. Aside from this, there was the whole debacle with the new Shining game on YouTube. They were going around and flagging every single Shining video, new or old.

Oh, regarding the dating stuff, thanks for the advice! I wanted to get to know her a little better first before asking her on a date-date. Even if we weren't compatible, it's always nice to make a new friend, y'know? I take things slow because I'm really busy plus I like to avoid the type of situations my friends have wound up in.

LOL, well, that was kind of the idea, simple and starting out just getting to know one another.  My usual approach is "hi, my name's Alex, what's yours?" with my hand out.  Goes from there.

Well, if I ever get myself financially out of this rut I'm currently in, you up for needing a wingman at all?

See, I do that, but with my dick instead of my hand. You think that's why the cops keep getting called on me?

Beats the guy that would go to the family bathroom at walmart, get naked.  If a man or child walked in, he would act like he made a mess all over himself and was changing.  If it was a woman, he would hit on them.

Didn't end well IIRC.

Why not?

Umm this has escalated too much

Isn't that just a horrible copy of the naked man play on How I Met Your Mother? That worked 1/2 or 1/3 the time if I recall.

Actually, it works 2/3 times. Come on. If it worked for Ted and The Naked Man but not Barney, that makes it 2/3. Know your HIMYM trivia, man.

Clearly, you don't know how a forum works! Or proper spelling!

OK, let's get back to all the DQ X 3DS news.

Tumbleweed.gif

• Upvote 1