Sign in to follow this  
Dwaine

DQ X Coming to 3DS

Weird I totally didn't see you made a thread, sorry Dwaineeee!

I'm curious about the whole thing, I can't wait for more info to come out. 

Not sure if I'll get it though, since my Wii is pooched. Still holding out on that localization... D:

Fitting song though ;)

Edited by Shoryia

This game is on so many platforms now I'm waiting for the Sega Genesis port.

• Upvote 1

??? Why is this a thing??? Who wants to play an MMO on a handheld device???

(Of course, I'd get it if it came here and this was the only version we got, but I'd much rather it be on PC or at least Wii U.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Wonder what Saigan-san would say about this.  

I dont think I seen any mmo ever, on so many different platforms.  Seriously, why wont they just localize it to the rest of the damn world.  With so many platforms to choose from...ugh...

Next they gonna friggen put it on a Sony console just for the hell of it. 

Edited by Alexandrious

Well, it looks like this is streamed from the Wii U version, so if we got this, we'd get the Wii U version. I guess I'd be okay with that (better than nothing BUT I REALLY WANT PC.)

Sounds nice, during heavy grinding sessions I sometimes wished I could temporarily play DQX on a handheld.

I wonder if it's enough to get a Japanese 3DS or if I need a special router to fake my IP.

After the 3DS version, they'll be working on a Google glasses version. You know, anything to keep from bringing this game anywhere overseas. Thanks, you lying scum Squeenix.

• Upvote 2

You can probably do what our wii players do using your computer to route the vpn signal.

Also, reading from the hiroba site...

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/6aca97005c68f1206823815f66102863/

You'd have to pay a separate fee to play on the 3ds. They already have a tablet version and it's the same deal I believe. The tablet versio/smartphone version is limited to a few models currently.

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/a9a1d5317a33ae8cef33961c34144f84/

Is the link showing the smartphone version. The following lists the smartphone versions....

http://www.dmkt-sp.jp/contents/sp/n/landing/dqpcfaq.html#kisyu

This last part has been around for a few months I never posted on it because well it's just an exspansion of the JP market and not really much in the way of news for us. Also, through all the ports I've seen PC is still the nicest choice imo since it gives you a lot of flexibility. That said, I've only played the PC version.

Oh good, that makes five 3DS Dragon Quest games that I'd love to play and wont ever get the chance to. Good...thank you Squeenix.

• Upvote 1

Oh good, that makes five 3DS Dragon Quest games that I'd love to play and wont ever get the chance to. Good...thank you Squeenix.

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder. Damn lying company.
  • Upvote 1

Well, it looks like this is streamed from the Wii U version, so if we got this, we'd get the Wii U version. I guess I'd be okay with that (better than nothing BUT I REALLY WANT PC.)

I don't understand all the technicalities, how is being streamed from the Wii U? And with all MMOs what the difference between cloud gaming in relation to MMOs, or is it the same thing.

This definitely raises some interesting questions.  So many platforms now.  I'd step over my own mother to have just one of them get localized.

You'd have to pay a separate fee to play on the 3ds. They already have a tablet version and it's the same deal I believe. The tablet versio/smartphone version is limited to a few models currently.

2 fees for the same game? Guess that kills it for me.

I was aware that there's the smartphone version, but I never really cared for it. I hate touchscreen controls and my rooted Kindle Fire (first gen) isn't really what you'd call high end ;).

Bring the game to the west already Square-Enix. Frankly, it's downright insulting to see the game coming to Japan on so many platforms, and the rest of the world getting nothing.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, it's hard to get excited about this, since we're very likely not getting it.

I'd rather have PSO2 over DQX.

We have a lack of futuristic MMOs.

Okay, SE! Choose ANY ONE of the various ports of this game to send to NA. I'll take any of them! While PC is preferred, Wii U and 3DS are acceptable!

I normally read your posts with a small amount of insanity mixed in with them. After reading this one, I realize you have a lot more insanity than I noticed! PSO is horrible!

• Upvote 1

I think SE is trying to make America feel left out. This is not the 90s with cruddy internet and little connection to Japan. We know this is going on!

Oh and I would play DQX for the Single Player.

PSO2 is actually making SEGA alot of money right now thru cash shop, and now the SEA version which emphasizes alot more on cash shop spending, is making them alot too.

I normally read your posts with a small amount of insanity mixed in with them. After reading this one, I realize you have a lot more insanity than I noticed! PSO is horrible!

Haha! Good joke~!

I think SE is trying to make America feel left out. This is not the 90s with cruddy internet and little connection to Japan. We know this is going on!

Oh and I would play DQX for the Single Player.

Though not localized it's not hard to follow along with in Japanese. Just a thought.