Sign in to follow this  
RyuKisargi

DQ8 Device Compatiblity

This topic is to archive and keep a record of devices -fully- compatible with Dragon Quest 8 for iOS and Android.

When you post, specify your OS and model of phone/tablet.

Topic post will be updated occasionally.

ANDROID

• Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - KitKat Android 4.4.2 - Runs fine, no lag, slight loading issues.
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1") - Android 4.2.2 - Works great, runs at nice speed and doesn't take long to load.  Crashed a couple of times (2x in 35 hours of play) and both instances had a very recent auto-save to restore progress.
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Kitkat 4.4.2 - Playable; a bit laggy on certain parts, screen size acceptable.

• Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android 4.0.4 - A bit slow to load initially, but once it has loaded, plays great.

• LG Nexus 5 - Kit Kat 4.4.4 - Playable, No Graphical Glitches, Only Lags When Starting The Game (Before The World Map Loads), But Apart From That Plays Perfectly. 

IOS

• iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7 - Playable, occasional crashes. Screen size perfectly usable.
  • iPad 2nd gen - iOS 7 - Playable, occasional crashes. Screen size perfectly usable. 
  • iPad Air - iOS 7.1.0  - Playable. Screen size perfectly usable. 

iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.0 - Playable, occasional framerate drops (especially in prerendered cutscenes for some reason), screen size decent.

Edited by Mattcraft

iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 7 - Playable, occasional crashes. Screen size perfectly usable.

Edited by CrankyStorming

iPad 2nd gen - iOS 7 - Playable, occasional crashes. Screen size perfectly usable.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Kitkat 4.4.2 - Playable; a bit laggy on certain parts, screen size acceptable.

LG Nexus 5 - Kit Kat 4.4.4 - Playable, No Graphical Glitches, Only Lags When Starting The Game (Before The World Map Loads), But Apart From That Plays Perfectly.

Updated.

With Android, it seems you need oomph, eh? The Nexus 5 and S4 are newer phones.

LG Nexus 5 - Kit Kat 4.4.4 - Playable, No Graphical Glitches, Only Lags When Starting The Game (Before The World Map Loads), But Apart From That Plays Perfectly.

My iPad 2 lags at the beginning too.

So does this game not work with HTC at all?

No. I said that in the other topic. Maybe a newer model, like the HTC One or something.

It -has- to have Android 4.0.

Can I download that onto my phone at all?

You said your phone was from 2006-2008, correct?

You likely have a HTC Dream. You seriously just need a new phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android 4.0.4 - A bit slow to load initially, but once it has loaded, plays great.

I will get the specs for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 as well, since my son is playing through it on that and it runs great.  Just don't know the Android version off-hand.

I have a Galaxy Note 2.  Any word on if it would work on my admittedly aging phone?

You said your phone was from 2006-2008, correct?

You likely have a HTC Dream. You seriously just need a new phone.

This is my new phone...

Edit: I googled it and it isn't a HTC Dream. But I still don't know what it is.

Edit 2: It comes with HTC Sense, which didn't come out until 2009, so the phone is apparently newer than I thought.

Edited by Democrobot

You need to find out the model of your phone, look up how Demo.

And Mega, it'll work on a Note 2.

Ok, here is the update for the Galaxy Tab 3:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1") - Android 4.2.2 - Works great, runs at nice speed and doesn't take long to load.  Crashed a couple of times (2x in 35 hours of play) and both instances had a very recent auto-save to restore progress.

iPad Air - iOS 7.1.0  - Playable. Screen size perfectly usable. 

iPhone 5 - iOS 7.1.0 - Playable, occasional framerate drops (especially in prerendered cutscenes for some reason), screen size decent.

(I never updated to 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 - Though it's unlikely, I'm holding out for a potential jailbreak opportunity. I would have stayed on 7.0.0, but both my devices got bugged when trying to download RetroArch, which forced me to restore to factory settings)

Updated with latest.

Can this topic get a sticky or something?

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini 4GLTE

Android version: 4.4.2

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T
Android version: 4.2.1

I just had my first crash while trying to do alchemy.

iPad 2

iOS 7.1.2

The animation is slightly choppy during the battles.  I suspect it's because it's an older iPad (almost 2 years old) and I consistently have the hard drive almost full to capacity with video files.

Are people seeing crashes regularly on the more modern versions of the device?  I'm wondering if it's the software or the device.

Edited by Liamland

It's the device, it says on the store page (( And on the press releases )) that it doesn't support anything under the iPad 3 and Mini 2 all that well.

Expect crashes, and save often. 

It's because an iPad 2 has 512 MB RAM as compared to the later models.

I just had my first crash while trying to do alchemy.

iPad 2

iOS 7.1.2

The animation is slightly choppy during the battles. I suspect it's because it's an older iPad (almost 2 years old) and I consistently have the hard drive almost full to capacity with video files.

Are people seeing crashes regularly on the more modern versions of the device? I'm wondering if it's the software or the device.

My iPad 2 crashed maybe 7 or 8 times in 80+ hours of play. At transitions mostly, like leaving a town or battle or something like that. No set pattern.

I've only had it crash once, but I think it was my fault. I locked my iPad while it was loading a new room, and didn't come back to it for several hours. When I did unlock it, the slime-hourglass spun for a couple seconds and then the app quit itself. Other than that, it runs beautifully on the iPad Air.

I haven't played it a whole lot lately though. I've been busy with other things, and although I have my iPad with me almost all the time, I don't really have the mental capacity to handle more than one RPG right now. (Life is eating at me... I've been stressing about finding a job and getting into college, figuring out how to pay for college, what I want to do with my life, all while trying to move out of my mom's apartment because I don't want to pay her rent when I live with my dad most of the time anyways.)

Greetings all.

iPhone 5s - iOS 7.1.2 -Fully playable, no crashes

iPad 3rd gen - iOS 7.1.2 - Fully playable, no crashes, slight lag during heavily animated cutscenes (e.g. Magic Ship, Baumren)

Sign in to follow this