Sign in to follow this  
Slimeknight

Is Dragon Quest IV mobile based on the DS or Playstation version?

Looks like it is based on the DS version mostly, based on the fact that the sprites in battle are constantly animated (instead of just animating while attacking, as in the PSX version).  There are a couple of features that I am unsure about though, like the boom town.  That may have reverted to the PSX version for that due to lack of tag mode (at least, I am assuming there will be no tag mode...). 

Still, there are not too many distinct features between the DS and the PSX.  Is there something in particular you are worried about?

Well, I finished the DS version and although they are similar for what I saw I like the style of the Playstation version. 

I think the moblie version will be like the PSX version...Japanese only.

Well, I finished the DS version and although they are similar for what I saw I like the style of the Playstation version. 

If you want to see the style, you could check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqE92J928LY

I kinda hate that DQ4 is (probably) the next one coming to mobile.  It's a solid entry, but I very recently replayed the DS version and I'm feeling DQ4'd out right now.

I think the moblie version will be like the PSX version...Japanese only.

I think you're correct. I don't see us getting any more. Then again, I didn't see us getting DQVIII, so as much as I hate to admit it, there is actually a slim chance I might be... incorrect.

LOL, well that's definitely the DS version, and they wouldn't need to pick up the PSX version for the township.  The DS version's tag mode is only for fun and isn't a requirement to complete that mini-game.

Hopefully if they do bring out the mobile version, they clean up the translation.  The DS version is probably the worst localization I've seen in a game.  

It's a cross between the two. Most, if not all, of the 3D objects seem to be taken from the PSX version. ground feathers out and town borders like DS version. Battle system from DS. Viewpoint is closer to the PSX version than DS version. (They're not that different, but the dual-screen setup made the camera slightly awkward.)

I sure hope the immigrant town is like the PSX version. There was more to do with it in that version.