Sign in to follow this  
Cain

Looks like IV might be next.

TrYRHgW.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hmm. That's funny. I haven't bought Dragon Quest VIII on iOS yet and I'm seeing Dragon Quest IV right now. On my DS.

I ain't in the goddamned mood for trolling. When did that game come out, 6 years ago? You were 13? Mommy or daddy bought it for you.

Sure. You see an old-ass game on your old-ass system. You got it as a gift. We haven't seen a DQ game in how long now? 3 years? 4? Hell, we've seen more Ys titles than DQ.

$#!&ing seriously. DQ8 isn't only iOS.

I was closer to 16. :P

I have not played Bravely Default, so I do not know how much of FF it has. But, at this point, I think all RPGs will have a little bit of DQ, something of Chrono Trigger, and a drop of Golden Sun.

• Upvote 1

I'd rather they have more Chrono Trigger and Golden Sun.

I'm playing Bravely Default and it's fairly enjoyable.  I still like all of the FF's that have the Job System in place (FF3, FF5) so it fits in nicely there.  I would have MUCH rather gotten DQ7, though.

• Upvote 1

"A drop of Golden Sun" you say? I hope you realize you just inadvertently quoted Sound of Music.

• Upvote 2

If you play DQVIII and walk up the hills, you'd find them to be alive with the sound of music playing.

• Upvote 1

"A drop of Golden Sun" you say? I hope you realize you just inadvertently quoted Sound of Music.

Man, I do not inadvertently do (almost) anything. Just wanted something to go along with the first page's "doe" verse.

If you play DQVIII and walk up the hills, you'd find them to be alive with the sound of music playing.

You have to climb every mountain, though.

Man, I do not inadvertently do (almost) anything. Just wanted something to go along with the first page's "doe" verse.

Well played. Very well played.

Subtle word manipulator is a name I call myself, although sometimes subtlety goes away after a while. :D

Edited by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

I'm with Mortamor on Bravely.

It's a... "unique" (ha) RPG that took elements from FF : 4 Heroes of Light, FF5, and a few other FFs.

It could have been titled "Final Fantasy : For the Brave" or whatever and still been... a decent JRPG, I guess?

Good marketing though, making a JRPG and not naming it Final Fantasy.

They practically did name it Final Fantasy. The "FF" in the title is not a coincidence. It's the perfect mix of reminding people of Final Fantasy but not actually directly associating it with the dying series.

Edited by The n00b Avenger

large.jpg

The hills are alive...

...but not for long...

• Upvote 3