Dragon Quest 7 3DS and 10 Wii U Petition

Hello, this is an operation to get DQ7 3DS and DQX Wii U localized to the US and Europe. We have a petition here :

https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-localize-dragon-quest-7-3ds-and-dragon-quest-10-on-wii-u-to-the-us-and-europe . Also you can like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Hero/324420011042007  

Thanks ! :)

• Upvote 1

Good to see you made it onto the Den! I've already done both, so let's hope the number of signatures and likes continues to rise! Ol' Yangus will 'elp out in every way 'e can, guv!

• Upvote 1

I don't like petitions, but...

Against my better grain, I -will- like your FB page. 'least it looks good.

And welcome. Make a welcome post, stay here awhile. We won't bite.

Well, I will. But I bite everyone.

Edited by Ryu
  • Upvote 1

I don't like petitions, but...

Against my better grain, I -will- like your FB page. 'least it looks good.

And welcome. Make a welcome post, stay here awhile. We won't bite.

Well, I will. But I bite everyone.

Ryu will literally give you the old evil eye, especially with his current profile pic. :P

I refuse to sign any petition, ever. I don't care if it's to save dying babies, I just... don't like petitions. 

Never have. 

I bought DQ8. :P It'll help more than signing a petition my browser refuses to open anywho. (( Change.org also gave me a virus a couple years ago. It's been on my blacklist since. ))

• Upvote 1

I use Avast, Malware Antiwhatevers, and MS Defender.

And it's not shovelware. It's a port of the JP version. Shovelware is FFATB.

You can call it a port, but it's not shovelware. It isn't something like BRATZ Magical Adventure.

I refuse to sign any petition, ever. I don't care if it's to save dying babies, I just... don't like petitions.

Never have.

Theoretical question: would you sign a petition that aims to ban all petitions?

Never have.

Theoretical question: would you sign a petition that aims to ban all petitions?

No.

Indeed.

You can call it a port, but it's not shovelware. It isn't something like BRATZ Magical Adventure.

Do we want to know why you would know about something like this?  :lrsmile:

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • 1 month later...

If you're a DQ fan, you should show your support.  There's only so many of us you know.  

• 3 weeks later...

I am a huge fan of Dragon Quest. I need to show that by playing Dragon Quest 7, and I want to get it at its best quality, which is the 3ds version. I WANT IT SO MUCH

Dragon Quest X seemed dissapointing to me at first, but now it looks amazing. I would love to play it.

Rocket Slime 3 also looks adorable

DQM2 is the game I want most, DQMJ2 was so disappointing and this is so BIG

• 1 month later...

I haven't bothered to sign because the petition has been running for months and is still under 5000, which will never persuade SE to spend money porting a 3DS or Wii U game. If this is the best that the entire international Dragon Quest fan community can do then it pretty much proves that it's not worth their while porting things, at least in financial terms.

Except you don't know what they're using the DQ8 money on, probably a new Lightning Fantasy game or something.

They released it and intended it as shovelware. It is NOT going to show them there's an interest for new DQ games on consoles. If anything it'll tell them we want more mobile shovelware.

I'd like to single this out as one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Firstly, you understand that all the SE money goes into a pot and gets used for different things right? There's not "Dragon Quest money" and "Final Fantasy money" and then they're dipping into the DQ cash to fund FF games. If it did work like that then literally everthing SE have released in the last few years would have needed to be made with the FFXIII money anyway.

They released a game, for a price, on a new platform. They are absolutely using the information they get from doing that to assess demand for more DQ games. When the DQI mobile port was announced, the person from Square specifically stated that they were doing it because of the strong reaction to the ports of VIII and IV. They might make some decisions about consoles and stuff based on sales, but paying money for the DQ games that are being released now is never going to damage the chances of more games coming.

The petition is free to sign. It means nothing, other than that a person bothered to write their name. If you've got people doing a petition then you have to assume that about 10% of them will actually buy the game, which means this petition is showing SE that there are about 500 people who would actually pay for these games. Do you think they're more likely to listen to that, or the cold hard cash dropping into their accounts when people actually buy the DQ games they release?

The bottom line is, if you want to help get more DQ games released outside Japan, petitions aren't going to help. The only thing you can do right now is to buy DQ, DQII, DQIV and DQVIII on Android or iOS as at this time those are the ONLY things SE is using to judge interest in Dragon Quest.