Sign in to follow this  
muddy120

We need to ask Nintendo Directly for Dragon Quest

Seriously, they have to.

Nintendo knows -we- like DQ. Hell, the Superfan contest was Nintendo-sponsored. But that's just it.

A few dozen people on a single forum can't make a difference.

Was it not you who rightly pointed out, in a very recent post, of how annoyed you are at minorities of like 1 person getting a whole lotta stuff to change either socially or laws.  Granted this is the nature of progressivism itself, and minority rules, but the concept and principle function regardless of agenda.  Even the war of independence from Britain was begun with a very small civil minority, and it wasn't until about 1-2 months into the war where conscripts were common place as people began to see that British troops would steal their land and force their sons into service for the crown.

Everything starts smalls.  Always does.

• Upvote 1

Everything starts smalls. Always does.

And in general everything also continues small... and disappears... A really ridiculously small percentage of things get big... Edited by diogoow

We just need a way to express our opinion and hopes, break through the forum thread posts & into the actual people involved with localizing, like they do on the One Piece Podcast, which mind you worked in there favor cause heres a list of things we now have with the One Piece series after the "Dark Ages of no content & the Toonami cancellation in 2008 that a guy posted at AP forums":

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"What the heck? One Piece is doing just fine, guys.

Surely it had its 4Kids days and the Toonami cancellation in 2008 but since then things have only gotten better. Since then, we've gotten:

- Every episode from the beginning completely redubbed
- The simulcast in 2009 (starting with episode 391)
- One Piece in the New York Times
- The manga speed-up of THIRTY volumes in 2010 (that's 32 volumes in 8 months, Dec 2009-July 2010)
- One Piece getting various merchandise licenses through Great Eastern
- One Piece (along with a few other select Jump titles) chapters being released digitally on the same day as Japan
- More video games (digital and physical)
- The RETURN of its television broadcast
- More seasons and movies

Really, the ominous days for One Piece are over. Back then all we had was a shoddy-ass dub and manga volumes that were extremely behind and only released three times a year. In a few months it'll be a decade since the 4Kids dub came to be... which was a long time ago. The FUNimation dub has only existed for almost seven years and it's accomplished a whole lot since then. There's a completely new market for it now and it's literally impossible for newcomers to be exposed to the 4Kids dub since the last time it had any relevance was in 2007. One Piece is now heavily identified with FUNimation and that's because they keep investing a lot of time, money, and effort into it. If it wasn't doing well enough, that wouldn't make any sense financially do to invest as much as they have. One Piece still has room to grow (which it is), but so does the whole anime market in the United States. As much as I don't like Fairy Tail, I don't want it to fail for FUNimation because they treat it with respect and even Fairy Tail's success helps keep the anime industry afloat in the US, which, in turn, is good for One Piece. If One Piece was "doomed from the start" as Detective Conan, Kodocha, and Big Windup were, it would have been gone a long time ago."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That post came from this thread topic: http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=36663&page=320
For anyone interested the OP fans are panicking because of the lack of notice for the new Season 6 DVDs getting delayed and Funimations been quiet ever since and didn't even announce they were delaying it publicly, but regardless of this poor communication the One Piece series grew out of its Dark Ages and is getting the treatment it deserved all those years ago in the west, and even though Nintendo is teasing with Mother 3, Earthbound is finally getting its love and attention now too(Even though Ness isn't announced for Smash Bros yet lol), so I feel Dragon Quest will have its time, its not looking good but its still possible since Nintendo is still allowed to publish the titles since they did it in the past and Reggie luckily really likes DQ as a bonus, we just have to keep vocalizing our love for the series to Nintendo & Square Enix or otherwise if the fans give up then nothing will ever happen, and we'll never get anymore DQ ever again lol 

Edited by muddy120

I don't think Dragon Quest is doomed to sum all that up lol, my point was that plenty of underrated series ended up getting better treatment as the years progressed, so I don't think Dragon Quest will be any different I'm hoping, especially if we find a better way to vocalize our love & support of the series to the big names about it

Edited by muddy120
  • Upvote 1

I was on Starmen.net during what was essentially the Mother/EarthBound series “Dark Age†as well, and I honestly thing the only way they got as much attention as they did and didn’t get so catastrophically bummed out when they got little to no news was they got creative.

They didn’t just send emails, and say “Where is Mother 3, or EarthBound on the VC?†at the end of every survey. They sent pictures, videos, songs, stories, and snail mail letters to everyone they possible could that was in a position of power at Nintendo. They made that compilation book of all the artwork people made, and all those signatures they got people to sign. They even made their own players guide for Mother 3.

Did any of that wind up getting the games released here? No. Did people get upset, and think all hope was lost? Of course. But people were able to have fun with their passion for the games, various publications and sites took notice of what they were doing and wanted, and I’m sure at the very least it was a bit of a morale booster to see the creator of the series they loved posting a thank you picture with the compilation book they made after he got it.

I don’t know, but maybe we could try doing something like Starmen.net did. Yes I know all the times different people said “Fan outcries like these have no effect on what games get localized, or released.†I just think it would be neat to have some fun with our request, and it would be a lot more impressive and show our passion more than a simpleâ€#BringOverDragonQuestVII&X.†Also, unlike how the situation was with EarthBound, the last Dragon Quest game to come here sold ok. And junk port or not they did just released DQ8 again, so they must think there is some kind of value in the series coming here.

• Upvote 2

And I feel like Earthbound wouldn't be on Wii U right now if it wasn't for all those projects and creativity & action going on, and One Piece also wouldn't be on Tv & Crunchyroll if those fans didn't do similar tasks & continue to push and support the series

Yes I know all the times different people said “Fan outcries like these have no effect on what games get localized, or released.†

Thats not true, fan outcry defintely makes a difference, I alrdy spoke of two examples extensively above, so yea I agree with u Hardfunk (btw im calling out the people that said that statement in the past, not you in this discussion lol)

Edited by muddy120

If any second rate RPG does well over here it'll be Dragon Quest. I mean, Both Dragon Quest 8 and 9 have sold over 1.2 million copies outside of Japan. Any game is considered a success if it even reaches 1 million(a million seller). Just bring it over and market it well.

Everything starts smalls. Always does.

And in general everything also continues small... and disappears... A really ridiculously small percentage of things get big...

After ignasia7's comment, I wanted to say this, but now I can't not!

final-thats-what-she-said.gif

• Upvote 2

Actually I thought of something. Why not pitch the idea of a Kickstarter to SE for it...?

I hate Kickstarter in general, and ESPECIALLY when companies who don't need crowdfunding abuse it, but if it got us DQ7...

Though depressing if the Kickstarter didn't work (likely because SE demanded more money than it should ever require), it would be worth a try at least. If the Kickstarter was fully paid off they'd know that there IS an interest. They'd just need to be sure to advertise this in the appropriate channels (their site, etc), tell NoA to try advertising it, etc.

That'd be great lol, Dragon Quest 7 I feel needs to be rereleased the most since we got 4, 5, 6 with the 2nd trilogy, DQ 8 alrdy had a proper PS2 release and so did 9 on the Ds, VII feels like the odd one out, so a kickstarter would be awesome if someone started that up to kick SE in the foot and get them working on the project for us cause they'll know we want this huge epic 3ds game remade and translated

Honestly I don't like the idea of them using crowd funding... Dwaine's e-begging qualms aside (he has a point but I wouldn't care if it meant we got DQ...), If they put too high a price pretty much on purpose and it doesn't make it, then they'll just use it as "proof" that the series doesn't do well here, even if it was their own goddamn fault for putting such a high price on it.

Honestly I don't like the idea of them using crowd funding... Dwaine's e-begging qualms aside (he has a point but I wouldn't care if it meant we got DQ...), If they put too high a price pretty much on purpose and it doesn't make it, then they'll just use it as "proof" that the series doesn't do well here, even if it was their own goddamn fault for putting such a high price on it.

I feel like trying something would help honestly

The problem is if it fails it will affect future potential releases, not just VII/X.

The problem is if it fails it will affect future potential releases, not just VII/X.

Do you think we even have a hope of a "future release"? We can't even get main series games like VII or X anymore.

We've missed FIVE consecutive DQ releases. What hope is there that #6, which is likely DQXI/DQ11 is coming out here? None. If they've been willing to skip five releases why stop there?

Why dont we have something like this to help localize Dragon Quest VII & maybe X as a bonus? Forgive me if you alrdy discussed this in an earlier thread, thanks to this Type-0 has been announced for PS4 & Xbone after 3 years of waiting

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-promises-to-explain-whats-up-with-final-fa-1154254517

http://operation-suzaku.com/2013/08/14/phil-rogers-final-fantasy-type-0-is-one-of-the-first-questions-im-going-to-tackle/

https://twitter.com/OperationSuzaku

Edited by muddy120

A link to a ROM surely would have affected any credibility Operation Edenverse may have had whether by an admin or a user.  I agree with Mortamor that it should have been taken down immediately.

Yeah, I generally dislike the idea of "crowdfunding." It's rare to see people doing it the right way. One good example is a non-profit like Reading Rainbow. That and it keeps LeVar Burton from starring in terrible zombie movies on the Sci-Fi channel. Seriously, that was sad!

As much as I'd like to see fan support a new DQ movement, I don't want to see Square Enix doing it. You've got a company with ten tons of red tape. Trying to get the smallest thing done is like playing an international game to Telephone. They're a company that's bleeding and desperate, has no transparency, and has a history of mismanagement and wasteful spending. I don't trust them enough to give them a bunch of money and expect them to make the most of it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I generally dislike the idea of "crowdfunding." It's rare to see people doing it the right way. One good example is a non-profit like Reading Rainbow. That and it keeps LeVar Burton from starring in terrible zombie movies on the Sci-Fi channel. Seriously, that was sad!

Did you really read what that Reading Rainbow one was really for? Honestly, it seems like crap. They already have the content and apparently plenty of employees as they charge well for their app. They're looking for free money to bring that content to classrooms for free. Ok, not bad yet. Then they put a number on it. They said $1 million for 1,500 classrooms. Hell, there's that many classrooms in Orlando alone. To put in perspective, all that money is only going to helping 30 classrooms per state. With the size of elementary schools in Florida, that's about 1 school. So, a million dollars to help ONLY a single school per state. One. Single. School. I did the math when I was reading the fine print and immediately changed my mind about funding it. I love Reading Rainbow and can actually see paying for their app when my son is older, but something seems wrong with their plan.

This would have been a great topic for Slime Time.

...just sayin'.

Don't $#!&@ about a link to an out of print game and then mention flash carts later.

Seriously. That is what piracy is. Semantics.

A lot of here are 18+, and can buy a game off ebay or whatever. But a kid with a parent? 50/50 chance that parent won't wanna use their credit or debit card, or let their kid buy a prepaid. There are the folk out of country as well.

I might have to do another piracy rant.

• Upvote 2

Posting a link to a ROM download of a Nintendo-published game on a Nintendo (portable) console on a site where we're practically BEGGING NINTENDO to publish a game... That's just awful. That's like saying, "Hey, Nintendo,could you please come help me with this?" and when they come over to see what you're doing, you *****slap them in the face.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Don't $#!&@ about a link to an out of print game and then mention flash carts later.

Seriously. That is what piracy is. Semantics.

A lot of here are 18+, and can buy a game off ebay or whatever. But a kid with a parent? 50/50 chance that parent won't wanna use their credit or debit card, or let their kid buy a prepaid. There are the folk out of country as well.

I might have to do another piracy rant.

Pirate rant!?

giphy.gif

DQIX better be on the Wii U VC when we get DS games. JP got Brain Age first. :P

Then it can be bought again, NEW, without supporting Gamestop or whatnot.

It would.

I'm not condoning the fact that someone on the Edenverse shared a link to the IX rom (( I asked Pride to get it off, for the record )) but seriously.

The game is out of print. You can't buy it new, and if you can, keep it shrinkwrapped. You can only get it off eBay (( And pray it's not a cheap repro like some douches do there now )), and Amazon. And of course, off the good'ol R4.

I really don't like buying used games. I'll go through the trouble of getting them new, or get 'em off a digital marketplace if it's new. If it's old? Google time. Can't touch it.

Simply, piracy is not black and white. It's grey and black.